MEXICAN BROWN RICE SALAD
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes, rotating on all sides, until the corn has some nice charred spots. Let cool and remove corn kernels from the cob.
- Add corn, brown rice, beans, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and green onions to a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Fold dressing into the veggies and top with the crumbled cheese and toss.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336 calorie, Fat 13 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 3 milligrams, Sodium 422 milligrams, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 16 grams, Sugar 5 grams
MEXICAN BEAN AND RICE SALAD
- In a large salad bowl, combine the brown rice, kidney beans, black beans, corn, onion, green pepper, jalapeno peppers, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Lightly toss all ingredients to mix well, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate salad for 1 hour, toss again, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.4 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g, Fat 1.1 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 398.7 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
MEXICAN RICE & BEAN SALAD
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Drain, then cool under cold running water until completely cold. Stir in beans, onions, pepper and avocado.
- Mix the lime juice with the Cajun spice mix and some black pepper. Pour over the rice mix, stir in the coriander and serve with extra lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein
MEXICAN RICE AND BEANS
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the garlic, green onions and jalapeno and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the rice. Cook, stirring to make sure the rice doesn't burn, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cumin, salt, pepper, turmeric, beans, diced tomatoes and diced tomatoes and green chiles and stir together. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the rice is not quite done, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Top the rice and beans with the cheese, then bake with the lid off until the cheese is melted and the rice is fully cooked, about 15 minutes more. Top with chopped cilantro before serving.
MEXICAN BEAN SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine beans, bell peppers, frozen corn, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and black pepper. Season to taste with hot sauce and chili powder.
- Pour olive oil dressing over vegetables; mix well. Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Carbohydrate 41.7 g, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 10.5 g, Protein 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1158.8 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
MEXICAN BEAN AND CORN RICE SALAD
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who got it from a colleague. She knows how much I like light bean and corn salads, so she made it with me in mind, for a bridal shower we were throwing. She thought I would love it, and I did! :) I've got a couple other bean & corn salad recipes I enjoy, but this one is a bit different because of the rice and salsa. Good for you and tastes good, too. Prep time is mostly due to the time it takes to cook the rice.
Provided by Vino Girl
Categories Brown Rice
Yield 7 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix gently.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least two hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.3, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 381.1, Carbohydrate 45.3, Fiber 10.2, Sugar 3.5, Protein 10.6
MEXICAN RICE SALAD
Ruth Bianchi from Apple Valley, Minnesota notes, "The recipe for this delicious, colorful salad has been in my family for years. My mother used to bring it to many different functions, and I'm carrying on her tradition."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Rinse rice with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl. , In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and carrot in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add to rice. Stir in the corn, beans, tomatoes, peanuts and cilantro. , In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, cayenne and cumin. Pour over rice mixture; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297 calories, Fat 20g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 124mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
More about "mexican rice bean salad recipes"
MEXICAN CHICKEN AND RICE SALAD - JO COOKS
4.7/5 (37)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 528 per serving
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with the taco seasoning, add more if you want it spicier, and add chicken to skillet. Cook the chicken for about 10 minutes until cooked through and starts to slightly brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- To the same skillet add the corn and cook over high heat just until it starts to char a little bit, no more than 2 minutes.
MEXICAN RICE AND BEAN PATTIES SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 45 minsCalories 228 per serving
- In a medium skillet heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add sweet pepper and onion; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning (mixture will be dry). Remove from heat. Stir in rice. Set aside to cool.
- Use a fork to mash beans slightly. Add rice mixture, chile peppers and the remaining 1 tablespoon taco seasoning to the beans; stir and mash until the mixture holds together.
- Divide bean mixture into four equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty about 3-1/2 inches in diameter. Carefully place patties on a platter. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- In a very large nonstick skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Fry the patties in hot oil for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through, turning once halfway through cooking time. (If patties brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium.)
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN & RICE SALAD | FOODLAND ONTARIO
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
10 BEST MEXICAN BLACK RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN RICE SALAD - PLANT-BASED COOKING
4.1/5 (23)Total Time 1 hrCategory Salads / DressingsCalories 391 per serving
- In a large bowl, toss together the rice, beans, jicama, tomato, and green onions. Save the avocado to add after chilling.
MEXICAN RICE SALAD - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
Reviews 5Total Time 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large salad bowl, combine the brown rice, kidney beans, black beans, corn, onion, and jalapeno peppers.
FESTIVE MEXICAN RICE SALAD - INTENTIONAL HOSPITALITY
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Prepare dressing: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, cumin, and garlic. Allow to sit while preparing the rest of the salad so the flavors can infuse.
- Mix main ingredients: In a medium-size bowl, add, cool brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, tomatillos, bell peppers, jalapeños, corn, and onion.
- Toss with dressing: Pour dressing over the rice and vegetables, toss well to evenly coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
EASY MEXICAN RICE SALAD RECIPE (VEGAN) | THE GREEN LOOT
Cuisine Mexican, VeganCategory SaladServings 2Total Time 25 mins
MEXICAN RICE AND BEANS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 290 per servingTotal Time 13 mins
- Combine brown rice, 2/3 cup salsa, green onion, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently. Arrange 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 individual salad plates. Spoon rice mixture evenly onto lettuce. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top evenly with sour cream mixture.
MEXICAN RICE, BEANS, AND QUINOA MEDLEY - AVERIE COOKS
4.3/5 (11)Total Time 30 minsCategory All RecipesCalories 229 per serving
- To a large and fairly deep skillet, add the olive oil, onions, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onions have softened and just begin to lightly caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes; stir frequently.
MEXICAN BEAN SALAD - RECIPESRUN - POPULAR RECIPES
4.8/5 Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
CONFETTI RICE AND BEAN SALAD RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.4/5 (23)Category SaladServings 6Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
BLACK BEAN, RICE, AND VEGGIE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (6)Total Time 25 minsServings 4-5Calories 247 per serving
MEXICAN RICE SALAD RECIPES COLD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
E BEAN SALAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MEXICAN RICE BEAN SALAD RECIPES
MEXICAN BEAN AND RICE SALAD RECIPE
MEXICAN RICE AND BEAN SALAD | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
10 BEST VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RICE WITH BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN RICE AND BEAN SALAD RECIPES
EASY MEXICAN RICE AND BEANS - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make beans and rice salad?In a large salad bowl, combine the brown rice, kidney beans, black beans, corn, onion, green pepper, jalapeno peppers, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Lightly toss all ingredients to mix well, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
How to cook spicy Mexican rice and beans?Spicy, delicious Mexican rice and beans. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, poblano pepper, and garlic; saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is completely coated in oil, about 2 minutes.
What is in a Mexican chicken and rice salad?Mexican Chicken and Rice Salad - a fresh summer salad loaded with black beans, chicken, corn and rice. Totally addicting and makes the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
How do you make Cajun rice and beans?Drain, then cool under cold running water until completely cold. Stir in beans, onions, pepper and avocado. Mix the lime juice with the Cajun spice mix and some black pepper. Pour over the rice mix, stir in the coriander and serve with extra lime wedges.