SPICED RICE COOKIES WITH MEXICAN CHOCOLATE
- Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Stir in cooked rice, chopped walnuts, and chopped chocolate.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls; arrange on cookie sheets, about 12 per sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool on sheet 5 to 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.5 calories, Carbohydrate 24.8 g, Cholesterol 28.7 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 146.8 mg, Sugar 14.5 g
MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven and add the garlic and onions. Cook, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the rice. Stir constantly, making sure the rice doesn't burn. Cook over low heat, about 3 minutes.
- Next, add the whole tomatoes, diced tomatoes, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne and turmeric. Stir to combine and let cook, about 2 minutes. Finally, add the chicken broth and stir the mixture together. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer until the rice is not quite done, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with the cheese, and then bake with the lid off until the cheese is melted and the rice fully cooked, about 15 minutes. Serve with chopped cilantro.
MEXICAN SPICED TOMATO RICE
Try using this spicy, Mexican-style rice in our Brazil nut burritos for lunch or dinner. With a spike of chilli heat, it's proof that comfort food needn't be bland
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Fry for 5 mins over a medium heat or until starting to soften, then add the chilli, fry for another 2 mins, then add the garlic, spices, coriander stalks and chipotle paste. Stir well and sizzle for a min or so.
- Tip in the tomatoes. Fill the can with water, pour that in, refill the can halfway with water, then add that too. Add the rice. Mix well, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 25-30 mins, covered with a lid, until the rice is tender and the liquid has all been absorbed. Stir through the coriander leaves. Try using the rice in our Brazil nut burritos.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 53 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
SPICY MEXICAN RICE
Mexican rice is an everyday staple typically enjoyed with beans, avocado, eggs or your favorite protein. Add a subtle nudge of heat by dropping in a whole jalapeno while the rice is cooking!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Saute 1 chopped onion in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1 cup white rice and cook until toasted, 3 minutes. Add 1 2/3 cups water, 1 chopped plum tomato, 2 teaspoons tomato paste and 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and cumin; bring to a boil. Add 1 whole jalapeno. Cover; simmer 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit 5 minutes. Discard the jalapeno. Top with cilantro.
MEXICAN SPICED RICE
Quick and simple way to add some extra flavor to plain old white rice. This was something I threw together to go with some fajitas I had made. I usually make this rice in my rice cooker, but it works on the stove top as well. I've used regular long grain rice, or parboiled, both work fine.
Provided by Kozmic Blues
Categories White Rice
Yield 4 cups rice
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix dry rice, spices and dried onions.
- Cook rice according to package directions, either on stove top or in rice cooker.
- Fluff rice with fork.
- Add cheese to warm rice and let melt a bit.
- Add cilantro and combine well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461, Fat 9.4, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 22.4, Sodium 156.1, Carbohydrate 79.2, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 13
More about "mexican spiced rice recipes"
EASY MEXICAN RICE - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
4.8/5 (17)Calories 236 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-hight heat. Add the onions, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno and saute for 1-2 minutes, or until the onions become translucent.
MEXICAN FRIED RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (6)Category RiceCuisine MexicanTotal Time 15 mins See details »
MEXICAN RICE: AN EASY, AUTHENTIC 30-MIN RECIPE - THE …
4.9/5 (11)Total Time 30 minsCategory RiceCalories 297 per serving
- First, heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a deep skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the rice and stir constantly until the rice begins to turn golden brown. The toastier your rice, the tastier it will be (information gleaned from my friend, via her grandma of course).
- Next, add the chicken stock. The mixture will bubble up, and should be followed immediately by the tomato paste or tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring the tomato paste to dissolve it if using, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Immediately turn the heat down to low and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- During or when the rice is done cooking, you may want to check moisture levels. If you smell a hint of a burnt scent, your heat is too high! In this scenario, if the rice is cooked, remove from the heat. If it’s not cooked, lower the heat, and add water ½ cup at a time to continue the cooking process. If it’s too wet, leave the lid slightly ajar or off the pan entirely.
RESTAURANT STYLE MEXICAN RICE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 23 minsCategory Side DishCalories 208 per serving
- In a medium skillet, stir together rice, broth, salsa, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until about half of the liquid is absorbed.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 8-10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
MEXICAN GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE WITH RICE (BEEF MINCE ...
5/5 (120)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainsCalories 715 per serving
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes until onion is translucent.
MEXICAN RICE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine Mexican, Tex-MexTotal Time 30 minsCategory Vegetables & SidesCalories 253 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and jalapeño and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the tomato paste, garlic and rice; cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
EASY SPANISH RICE RECIPE (4 INGREDIENTS!)(VIDEO) - A SPICY ...
5/5 (24)Calories 233 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Set a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add the butter to the pot. Once melted, add the rice, ground cumin, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover the top with a tight lid. Bring to a boil. Then stir the rice, lower the heat to simmer on low, and cover the pot again.
MEXICAN RICE - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.6/5 (40)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 6 See details »
ONE-PAN MEXICAN-STYLE SPICED RICE | HEALTHY RICE RECIPES ...
5/5 (36)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 316 per serving See details »
SPICY MEXICAN RICE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 30 minsCategory FamilyCalories 516 per serving See details »
EASY MEXICAN RICE RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine MexicanCategory Side DishesServings 4 See details »
SPICED MEXICAN RICE | RICARDO
5/5 (2)Category AppetizersServings 6-8Total Time 35 mins See details »
MEXICAN SPICE MIX RECIPE MADE IN 5 MINUTES
3.9/5 (51)Total Time 5 minsCategory Spice MixCalories 7 per serving See details »
RICE-MADE MEXICAN SPICED PALETAS | MINUTE ® RICE
2.8/5 (12)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 10
- Homemade Mexican horchata-inspired paletas are exactly what you need for a hot summer day; or any time of year for that matter! They turn your favorite refreshing drink into a cool treat. To make this dessert we suggest you use our Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice. Step 1
- Stir in cream and condensed milk, return to boil, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Let cool completely. Step 3
MEXICAN SPICED CAULIFLOWER RICE - EASY PEASY FOODIE
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 130 per serving
- Place the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the diced red pepper, fry for 5 minutes on medium until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic, cumin, paprika and salt, and stir fry for 3 minutes, then add the sweetcorn, kidney beans, and spring onions and stir fry for 3 more minutes, or until everything is warm.
- Squeeze in the juice of a lime and then scatter over the coriander and stir in gently, remove from the heat and serve, garnished with a little more coriander.
HOMEMADE NANDO'S SPICY RICE - EASY PEASY FOODIE
5/5 (19)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 269 per serving
- Place the diced onion and red pepper in a reasonably large saucepan. Cover with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for 3 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Remove the lid and add the chilli flakes, turmeric and smoked paprika. Cook for 2 more minutes. Add a splash of water if it starts to get a little dry.
- Add the rice, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Turn the heat up and bring to the boil. Then cover with a lid and turn the heat down. Cook for 7 minutes, or until the rice is nearly cooked. (See note 1.)
- After 7 minutes add the peas and stir. Re-cover with the lid and cook for 3 more minutes or until the rice is done to your liking and the peas are hot.
MEXICAN RICE RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 35 minsCategory Side DishCalories 325 per serving
- Add carrots, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, decrease heat to medium-low and add peas, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder
ONE-PAN SPICY MEXICAN RICE SKILLET - THE GIRL WHO ATE ...
4/5 (6)Servings 4Cuisine MexicanCategory All Recipes, Main Course, One-Pan
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute jalapeno pepper and garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the black beans, tomatoes, yellow corn, and chicken broth into skillet. Add the cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover with a lid. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is gone.
RECIPE: MEXICAN-SPICED SHRIMP WITH ROASTED TOMATO RICE ...
4.1/5 Total Time 30 minsCuisine MexicanCalories 550 per serving See details »
MEXICAN RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (28)Total Time 33 minsCategory Side Dish, Dinner, LunchCalories 110 per serving See details »
MEXICAN RICE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
10 BEST SPICY RICE SIDE DISHES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
8 MEXICAN RICE RECIPES : MEXICAN VEG RICE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #side-dishes #rice #american #mexican #southwestern-united-states #vegetarian #dietary #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice #long-grain-rice #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Mexican rice at home?Add the rice to the skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the rice has browned slightly. Add the tomatoes, broth, chili powder, salt, and cumin. Bring to a boil and cover the pan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
How to make Mexican rice with jalapeno and garlic?Cook the minced jalapeño and chopped onions in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the rice, tomato paste and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the rice is evenly coated with oil, 2-3 minutes. Add the broth and seasoning and bring to a boil.
How to make Mexican rice with peas and cumin?Bring to a boil, decrease heat to medium-low and add peas, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove rice from heat and let sit 10 minutes.
What to make with Mexican spiced tomato rice?Mexican spiced tomato rice recipe | BBC Good Food Try using this spicy, Mexican-style rice in our Brazil nut burritos for lunch or dinner. With a spike of chilli heat, it's proof that comfort food needn't be bland Try using this spicy, Mexican-style rice in our Brazil nut burritos for lunch or dinner.