MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP
Craving a comforting, subtly spicy soup? Try this Mexican zucchini soup - delicious, hearty and with an amazing flavor, you'll love!
Provided by Ruxandra Micu
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Saute the onion until translucent, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchinis and saute for about 4 more minutes. Add the corn and jalapenos and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the veggie broth or water.
- Add the black pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the soy yogurt and nutritional yeast.
- Stir and garnish the soup with nutmeg and pepper flakes.
- Cover and let it sit about 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with freshly chopped cilantro and parmesan or vegan cheese before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 calories, Carbohydrate 21.7 grams carbohydrates, Fat 3.6 grams fat, Protein 5.9 grams protein
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP
We can't wait to make this delicious, slightly spicy soup every summer when zucchini and squash are plentiful in our garden. We like to serve this soup with warm tortillas.
Provided by Always Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, and saute the onion and garlic until tender. Season with oregano.
- Mix in the chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Mix in the zucchini, yellow squash, corn, and chile peppers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Mix the cubed processed cheese into the soup. Continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted. Season with pepper. Mix in the cilantro just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.7 calories, Carbohydrate 26.2 g, Cholesterol 47.8 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 14.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 1829 mg, Sugar 11.5 g
ZUCCHINI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- Place 2 cups of the broth, the onion, celery, zucchini, salt and pepper in a 3- or 4-quart saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Puree in small batches in a blender or food processor and set aside in the saucepan.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add the cream and the remaining 1/2 cup of broth. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the cheese and stir to melt. Add to the pureed vegetables. Correct seasonings. Heat gently before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 237, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 479 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CREAMY, CHEESY ZUCCHINI SOUP
This zucchini soup is warm and creamy, perfect for fall or winter. Stock up and freeze when zucchini is in season. Perfect for low-carb diets!
Provided by Chair
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put zucchini in large Dutch oven with a few inches of water. Simmer zucchini over medium-low heat until tender when poked with a fork, about 20 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer zucchini to a blender, leaving about 1 inch of water in the bottom of the pot.
- Blend zucchini until no large chunks remain; return to the pot. Combine bell pepper, red onions, and cilantro in the blender; blend until no large pieces remain. Stir bell pepper mixture into the blended zucchini; add cream, Swiss cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until warmed through and the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471 calories, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Cholesterol 139 mg, Fat 39.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 16.9 g, SaturatedFat 24.5 g, Sodium 372.9 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by á-177922
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1.Saute the onion in the soy margarine until it is glassy, about 3 minutes. 2.Add the minced zucchini pieces and saute until they begin to soften. 3.Stir in the vegetable bouillon, corn and jalapeno's and black pepper. 4.Bring the soup to a gentle boil , reduce the heat and cook until the corn and zucchini are soft but not mushy. 5.Remove from the heat. 6.Add the soy yogurt and nutritional yeast of soy cheese. 7.Optionally garnish the soup with parsley and nutmeg.
ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP (A.K.A. VACHE QUI RIT SOUP)
This is a children's favourite in France and has quickly become my children's favourite, here in Canada. I saw Laura Calder's "French Food at Home" show on Food Network Canada (foodtv.ca) where she prepared this quick and delicious recipe. You can substitute or add any vegetable you wish. I have found it is great made with broccoli or cauliflower and I sometimes add a couple of julienned carrots just to switch it up a bit. A fairly healthy soup because it is not loaded with cream, flour, butter or highly processed cheeses.
Provided by J. Ko
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put the zucchini and onion in a medium saucepan and add chicken stock. (The stock will not cover the vegetables.) Add salt and pepper, to taste, and cumin, if using.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and puree. (An immersion blender works well and keeps dishes to a minimum.).
- Gently reheat to serve.
- NOTE: A herbed cream cheese, such as Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese with Garlic and Herbs, makes this soup really delicious!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.3, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 41.6, Sodium 495.5, Carbohydrate 14.8, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 8.8, Protein 17.1
SPICY MEXICAN CHICKEN SOUP WITH ZUCCHINI
Fabulous Mexican chicken soup that cooks up in no time! From Hannaford Supermarkets' bi-monthly magazine, Fresh (January-February 2012).
Provided by lecole54
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, chipotle, and adobo sauce and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth and tomatoes, adjust heat to high, and bring to a strong simmer.
- Add chicken, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until meat is opaque and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; when cool enough to handle, either chop or pull apart into thin shreds (you should have about 2 cups).
- Add zucchini and chicken to soup and simmer over medium heat until zucchini is just tender, about 5 minutes. Taste the soup and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and serve with garnishes of your choice in small bowls on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332, Fat 15.5, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 1350.3, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 7.5, Protein 33.6
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP WITH MASA DUMPLINGS
This garlicky Mexican zucchini soup is super quick to make-and tastes wonderful with the equally quick-to-make masa dumplings.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook tomatoes, onions and garlic in medium skillet on high heat 10 to 15 min. or until evenly roasted, turning occasionally. Peel garlic; place in blender. Add tomatoes and onions; blend until smooth.
- Mix masa harina, 1/2 cup water and Parmesan until mixture forms soft dough; divide into 24 small balls. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large saucepan. Add masa balls; cook 2 min. or until evenly browned, turning occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add zucchini; cook and stir 3 min. or until lightly browned. Stir in tomato mixture, remaining water and bouillon cubes; bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 8 min. or until zucchini is tender.
- Ladle soup into 8 bowls. Top with dumplings and shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
More about "mexican zucchini cheese soup recipes"
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP
10 BEST MEXICAN ZUCCHINI RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 BEST MEXICAN SOUP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CREAM OF ZUCCHINI SOUP (SOPA DE CALABACITAS)
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP – VEGALICIOUS RECIPES
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP - COFFEE & QUINOA
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY & DELIGHTFUL MEXICAN VEGETABLE …
EASY CALABACITAS SOUP | MEXICAN PLEASE
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP | RECIPE | MEXICAN ZUCCHINI, …
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP | RECIPE | CHEESE SOUP RECIPES, …
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP | RECIPE IN 2022 | ZUCCHINI CHEESE, …
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP - RECOMMENDED TIPS
MEXICAN CHEESE SOUP - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY SKILLET MEXICAN ZUCCHINI - SKINNYTASTE
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
CARROT AND ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI FLOWER SOUP - ADRIANA'S BEST RECIPES
MEXICAN CORN AND ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI - A CEDAR SPOON
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP - MSN
MEXICAN ROASTED ZUCCHINI - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP - MEXICAN RECIPES
HOUSTON MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE, CALL NOW 832-206 …
LOW-CARB MEXICAN-STYLE ZUCCHINI - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
WORLD BEST DIABETIC FOOD RECIPES : MEXICAN ZUCCHINI CHEESE SOUP
COURGETTE AND CHEESE SOUP – ZUCCHINI SOUP RECIPES - I COOK THE …
MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Mexican zucchini soup?MEXICAN ZUCCHINI SOUP. In a large saucepan, saut the onion in the buter or butter until it is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, zucchini, corn, peppers, salt, and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan, and cook the soup until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
How do you cook zucchini in chicken broth?Heat the olive oil in a large pot, and saute the onion and garlic until tender. Season with oregano. Mix in the chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Mix in the zucchini, yellow squash, corn, and ... Heat the olive oil in a large pot, and saute the onion and garlic until tender. Season with oregano. Mix in the chicken broth and tomatoes.
How do you make a soup with processed cheese?Season with oregano. Mix in the chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Mix in the zucchini, yellow squash, corn, and chile peppers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until the squash is tender. Mix the cubed processed cheese into the soup.
How do you cook zucchini with Swiss cheese?Combine bell pepper, red onions, and cilantro in the blender; blend until no large pieces remain. Stir bell pepper mixture into the blended zucchini; add cream, Swiss cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until warmed through and the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.