PERFECT ICED TEA
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 cups
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Bring 8 cups water to a simmer; remove from the heat and add 3 tablespoons loose tea or 6 tea bags. Let steep about 4 minutes, until it's the strength you like. Strain loose tea with a fine-mesh sieve or remove the tea bags. Let cool, then transfer to a pitcher, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine 8 cups cold water and 6 tablespoons loose tea or 10 tea bags in a pitcher. Cover and refrigerate 15 to 36 hours, until it's the strength you like. Strain loose tea with a fine-mesh sieve or remove the tea bags.
- Sweet Teas:
- Combine 3/4 cup each sugar and water in a saucepan and add 1 infuser, if desired. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat and let cool. Strain the infused syrup through a fine-mesh sieve (you'll get about 1 cup).
- Orange Add 6 strips zest
- Blackberries 1 cup
- Cinnamon 2 sticks
- Lavender 3 tablespoons dried
- Vanilla 1 halved bean
- Mint 3 sprigs
- Ginger 1 cup sliced
- Lemon 8 strips zest
- Nectarine 1 cup chopped
- Cucumber 2 cups chopped
EASY ICED TEA
Make up a jug of refreshing iced tea to serve on summer days. With a subtle tea flavour, oranges, lemons and mint, it's an excellent alcohol-free party drink
Provided by Miriam Nice
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the tea bags, sugar, honey and 1.5 litres water in a large jug. Leave to infuse for 10 mins, then remove and discard the tea bags. Chill until ready to serve.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon slices, orange slices and mint leaves. Fill the jug with plenty of ice and stir again.
- Fill tall glasses with ice and pour over the iced tea, then serve with extra honey to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50 calories, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein
MICROWAVE ICED TEA
My tea kettle broke, so I figured out how to make iced tea in the microwave, which isn't difficult to do, but I thought someone else might like to know how. I like to use 4 green tea bags, a lemonade crystal light, and add 1/8 cup of honey - it tastes almost like the Arizona green tea with ginseng.
Provided by Random Rachel
Yield 1 gallon tea
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Pour 2 cups of water into a 2 cup microwave safe glass measure. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. (It should just come to a boil.).
- Add teabags, dunk a few times, and let steep 15+ minutes, to your tastes.
- Pour into gallon sized pitcher, add remaining water, and ice if desired.
- Chill and drink :-).
- NOTE: If you use bottled water it will super heat and could come to a boil suddenly when you add the teabags, so use caution.
QUICK LEMON ICED TEA - BY THE GLASS
I drink this all the time whenever I don't make a pitcherful. Sometimes it's only me drinking tea and I don't need a lot, so this is fast and perfect. You can sweeten yours however you like- I don't. I also like this much lemon, but you can use a little less if you like a milder lemon taste. I use Luzianne (black) tea, but sometimes I mix one of the tea bags up with an herbal, flavored tea, like blackberry.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place water in a microwave-safe measuring cup and microwave on high for 2 1/2- 3 minutes, or until water just begins to boil.
- Place tea bags in hot water and allow to steep for approximately 4 minutes.
- While mixture is steeping, fill a 20 ounce drinking glass to just below the top with ice cubes and squeeze lemon over the top of the ice.
- Pour steeped tea over glass of ice and gently mix lemon with tea.
- Serve cold, sweetened if you desire.
COLD BREWED JASMINE ICED TEA
Rather than using hot water then throwing a bunch of ice over it, I prefer to make iced tea using the easy and effective method of cold brewing.
Provided by Lu the teaman
Yield 10-12 cups, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large pitcher combine the tea and water. Mix the sugar or honey with about a cup of hot water so that it dissolves and will mix with the room temperature water. Add the sugar/ hot water mixture to the pitcher. Put the pitcher in the refrigerator (preferably before you go to sleep) and let the tea leaves soak until morning (9-12 hours). Add lemon to taste and then pour the tea through a strainer so as to catch the tea leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 7, Sodium 6.2, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1.3, Protein 0.1
QUICK AND AWESOME DECAFFEINATED ICED TEA
Using any microwave you can have the BEST tea. I have been making this for 15 years and have been constantly improving the recipe. Read the directions carefully and you will have the best tea out there! Please note: use Lipton Regular Size tea bags, NOT the family size.
Provided by jimjam63
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Using a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup (must be microwaveable), add about 3 cups water. I prefer purified or bottled, room temp is best.
- Put the three tea bags in the water and lightly knead the bags to make sure they are soaked. Don't over do it or they could tear.
- Place the measuring cup into microwave and cook for 3 minutes. Depending on your power output you may increase or decrease the time.
- Let the tea steep for about 15 minutes.
- While it is steeping, cut an orange into 3-4 slices, throwing out the ends.
- Drop the slices into a 1 gallon pitcher.
- Add the sugar, covering the slices pretty good.
- (Sometimes I shake the pitcher to ensure the sugar coats the orange slices well)
- When tea had steeped and is still warm, pour over the orange/sugar and stir. Warm tea will help dissolve the sugar making a better blended product.
- Add water, not a full gallon as this will dilute the recipe. I use about 3/4 gallon. Stir well.
- Pour over lots of ice and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.2, Sodium 11.5, Carbohydrate 16.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 16.2, Protein 0.1
ICED TEA I
- Put tea bags in a 2 quart pitcher. Add hot water. Let sit at least 15 minutes. Add cold water and remove tea bags. refrigerate and serve over ice.
Nutrition Facts :
MICROWAVE SWEET TEA
Making tea on the stove is easy enough but even easier in the microwave, so why not? I have a strainer that is the perfect size to fit in the top of my gallon pitcher so that it makes it a snap to strain the tea bags over the sugar without worrying about busting the bags. Adding a slice of lemon to my glass of iced tea adds the perfect touch.
Provided by Queen Puff
Yield 12 cups, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Add 3 cups of water to a 4-cup microwave-safe measuring cup, preferably with a handle.
- Add baking soda (or just a small pinch to prevent cloudiness or bitterness).
- Add tea bags.
- Microwave on high 7-8 minutes.
- Add sugar to 1 gallon pitcher.
- Pour the tea into pitcher on top of sugar, squeezing tea bags gently.
- Mix tea and sugar at the bottom of the pitcher.
- Allow to sit for approximaltey 10 minutes.
- Fill gallon pitcher with water.
- Stir well.
- May serve immediately over ice but even better chilled a while in the fridge (best chilled until next day or overnight).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64.5, Sodium 19.3, Carbohydrate 16.7, Sugar 16.6
COPYCAT SWEET ICED TEA
- Combine boiling water, tea bags, and sugar in a bowl. Stir well, cover, and steep for 8 minutes.
- Pour cold water into a pitcher. Add hot tea and stir.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice cubes. Pour tea over top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.1 calories, Carbohydrate 37.5 g, Sodium 24.3 mg, Sugar 37.5 g
More about "microwave iced tea recipes"
MICROWAVE ICED TEA - FINITE FOODIE
Ratings 1Servings 2Cuisine UnspecifiedCategory Beverages
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE ICED TEA | JUST MICROWAVE IT
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 13 minsCategory RecipeCalories 97 per serving
RECIPE: MICROWAVE ICED TEA | URBAN BOHEMIAN
MICROWAVE TEA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
FIFTEEN-MINUTE ICED TEA — THREE MANY COOKS
SOUTHERN SWEET TEA RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
HOW TO MAKE TEA | MICROWAVE SWEET TEA | RADA CUTLERY
MICROWAVE ICED TEA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
4.2/5 Category Iced TeaServings 2Total Time 15 mins
MICROWAVE ICED TEA | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED RECIPE
Servings 4-6Category Beverages, Quick
ICED TEA RECIPE (EXTRA EASY) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
MICROWAVE ICED TEA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
MICROWAVE PITCHER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE TEA IN THE MICROWAVE - BREWED LEAF LOVE
SUMMERY SPIKED ICED TEA RECIPES FOR THE PERFECT PARTY
HOW TO BREW TEA IN A MICROWAVE - RESEARCH AND STEPS
MICROWAVE ICED TEA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT ICED TEA AT HOME
HOW TO MAKE COLD BREW ICED TEA - COOKIE AND KATE
WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER MICROWAVE TEA—PLUS THE RIGHT WAY TO …
14 REFRESHING ICED TEAS | MYRECIPES
THE BIGGEST MISTAKE PEOPLE MAKE WHEN PREPARING A CUP OF TEA
HOW TO MAKE ICED TEA | BBC GOOD FOOD
ICED TEA RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
12 STARBUCKS TEAS YOU CAN EASILY MAKE AT HOME - SWEET STEEP
HOW LONG TO MICROWAVE WATER FOR TEA? WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
SWEET TEA RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
HOW TO MAKE GOOD ICED TEA - LOVETEACLUB.COM
HOW LONG TO MICROWAVE WATER FOR TEA - RECIPE GARDEN
ICED TEA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MUST-TRY COPYCAT ICED TEA RECIPE - BEVERAGECLASS
HOW TO MAKE TEA IN MICROWAVE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE ICED TEA USING A MICROWAVE - YOUTUBE
MICROWAVE ICED TEA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HOW TO BREW COLD TEA AT HOME? – EASY ICED TEA RECIPE - TEAFOLLY
16 BOOZY ICED TEAS FOR SUMMER - DELISH.COM
You'll also love