FAST AND EASY POTATO SALAD
Using the microwave provides a quicker version of potato salad than you'll get from boiling the potatoes. Fast, simple, easy, and delicious! Perfect for those days when you just want potato salad but can't be bothered to make it from scratch, yet don't want the garbage you get at the grocery store. Also great for people living in households where other members don't share the same potato salad enjoyment (my fiancee hates mayo). For gluten-free or lactose free version-check that the mayo used is suitable
Provided by kittyroara
Yield 3-4 cups, 1-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut the eyes and blemishes off the potatoes. Skin them if you prefer but I think they're delicious and they're definitely more nutritional!
- Rinse the potatoes and place them in the microwave undried.
- Microwave the potatoes (three at a time if you're making a double or triple recipe for the whole family or a potluck) spaced evenly apart on HIGH for THREE MINUTES.
- Chop your green onions. Chop your pickle and eggs if desired.
- Flip the potatoes over (careful, they're hot!) and microwave on HIGH for THREE MINUTES more.
- Mix the mayo, spices, onions, and optional pickle and eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Let the potatoes rest in the microwave for a few minutes (they will continue to cook).
- Test the doneness of the potatoes with a knife or fork by piercing into the center of each one. If the knife does not go in smoothly or there is resistance, repeat the microwaving process above in increments of ONE MINUTE.
- Place the cooked potatoes immediately into a bowl of cold water. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces (usually halves and then eights will do) - careful, they may still be hot inside.
- Mix potatoes with sauce mixture, and enjoy!
MICROWAVE POTATO SALAD
Microwaving potatoes for this tasty side is a handy timesaver-especially in warm weather. I found the original recipe in an old cookbook and added roasted peppers and olives for color and zip. Chop your ingredients while the potates cook, and the salad's ready to chill in 20 minutes! -- Bonnie Carelli, Charlton Heights, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place potatoes in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Drain and rinse in cold water. , In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 calories, Fat 27g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 536mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
EASY MICROWAVE POTATO SALAD
- Place potatoes and water in 3-qt microwave-safe casserole; cover.
- Microwave on HIGH 16-18 minutes or until tender, stirring after 9 minutes. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114.4, Fat 4.6, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 42.6, Sodium 147.4, Carbohydrate 12.6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 0.9, Protein 5.5
MICROWAVE GERMAN POTATO SALAD
Microwave German Potato Salad has big flavor for a quick salad. "The first time I tried this easy side dish I was impressed and had to have the recipe," recalls Barbara Erdmann of West Allis, Wisconsin. "That's what happens to most people who taste it. It's a time-saver when I need a salad for a summer get-together."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion and celery; set aside. Place bacon in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until the bacon is crisp, stirring after each minute. , Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Stir the sugar, flour, vinegar, salt and pepper into drippings until smooth; gradually add milk. , Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until thickened. Pour over potato mixture; toss. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 320mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BUSY DAY MICROWAVE POTATO SALAD
Don't let a busy day get to you! Try this Busy Day Microwave Potato Salad for mealtime when you're in a pinch. Simply get this creamy potato salad in the fridge and let it cool for 25 minutes, then you're set!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 7 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Microwave potatoes and water in 2-qt. covered microwavable dish on HIGH 14 to 16 min. or until tender, stirring after 7 min. Drain.
- Mix mayonnaise, onion, celery, mustard and celery seed in large bowl. Add potatoes; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 20 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
COLORFUL AND EASY POTATO SALAD
- Place potatoes in a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish. Microwave on high, stirring halfway through, until tender, about 9 minutes. Drain any liquid that may have accumulated.
- Mix Caesar dressing, carrots, green onions, Hatch chile pepper, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.8 calories, Carbohydrate 54.7 g, Cholesterol 7.1 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 436 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
SUPER-SIMPLE PICNIC POTATO SALAD
Frozen hash browns are the key to this convenient recipe. No picnic is complete without potato salad!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In ungreased 3-quart microwavable bowl, mix frozen potatoes and water; spread evenly in bowl. Cover tightly with microwavable plastic wrap. Microwave on High 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are hot and tender, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Add vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to hot potatoes; mix well. Spread evenly in bowl. Cover, refrigerate at least 5 hours or until completely cold.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, place eggs in single layer. Add enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat to boiling. Immediately remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Place eggs in bowl of ice water; let stand 10 minutes. Drain. Peel eggs. Reserve 1 egg for garnish; chop remaining 4 eggs.
- Stir mayonnaise into cold potato mixture. Add celery, onion and chopped eggs; toss gently to mix. Spoon mixture into large serving bowl. Slice reserved hard-cooked egg; arrange on top of salad. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 350 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "microwave potato salad recipes"
MICROWAVABLE POTATO SALAD RECIPE BY EMILY JACOBS
4/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 426 per serving
EASY WAYS TO BOIL POTATOES IN THE MICROWAVE: 12 STEPS - WIKIHOW
3 WAYS TO COOK A POTATO IN THE MICROWAVE - WIKIHOW
MICROWAVE POTATO SALAD RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BEST MICROWAVE BAKED POTATOES - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
EASY MICROWAVE MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HERBED RED POTATO SALAD RECIPE - MAMA LIKES TO COOK
MICROWAVE GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPES
QUICK ANSWER: HOW TO COOK POTATOES FOR POTATO SALAD IN MICROWAVE
GREAT AMERICAN MICROWAVE POTATO SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY POTATO SALAD IN 5 MINUTES | THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
MICROWAVE SALADS: POTATO SALAD
MICROWAVED POTATOES FOR POTATO SALAD - CHEATER CHEF
HOW DO I MICROWAVE A RED-SKINNED POTATO? | LIVESTRONG
ALL-AMERICAN POTATO SALAD - POTATO INSPIRATIONS
MICROWAVE POTATO SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MARBLE POTATO SALAD IN THE MICROWAVE | ANYDAY
MICROWAVE POTATOES FOR POTATO SALAD - POTATOES USA
POTATO SALAD RECIPES - THE SIMPLE HOUSEWIFE
MOM'S POTATO SALAD - RENEE'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
MICROWAVE GERMAN POTATO SALAD - BIGOVEN
MICROWAVE POTATO SALAD RECIPE - CAJUN COOKING RECIPES
BEST MICROWAVE BAKED POTATO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE
POTATO WEDGES IN THE MICROWAVE • STEAMY KITCHEN RECIPES …
ROASTED NEW POTATO & BACON SALAD RECIPE FROM H-E-B
MICROWAVE GERMAN POTATO SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
SOUR CREAM POTATO SALAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MICROWAVE SPICY POTATO SALAD A RECIPE FROM INDIANMIRROR.COM
JAPANESE-STYLE POTATO SALAD – KEWPIEUSA
MICROWAVE VEGAN POTATO SALAD - COOKEATSHARE
POTATO SALAD - FOR THE MICROWAVE RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
DIJON POTATO SALAD RECIPE FROM H-E-B
10 MICROWAVE POTATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MICROWAVE JACKET POTATO RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
MICROWAVE GERMAN POTATO SALAD — HUNGER RECIPES
HOW TO MICROWAVE BABY POTATOES? 3 FOOLPROOF METHODS (WITH …
RED POTATO SALAD MADE HEALTHY WITH GREEK YOGURT - EATING RICHLY
PIONEER WOMAN BAKED POTATO SALAD - CHEFS & RECIPES
MICROWAVE POTATOES: HOW TO COOK POTATOES IN THE MICROWAVE
You'll also love