Passed down from my Grandma Ette, this slice cookie is great with a warm cup of coffee or hot tea. (some people like to dunk them)
Provided by linda hennessey
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Blend all ingredients in a stand mixer. Note: add the flour gradually. (you can mix all by hand, but it gets really hard once all flour is added)
- 2. Firmly shape into two loaves. Cover with wax paper and plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Thinly slice cookies. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. (I lowered the temperature 10 degrees in my oven since I felt they were browning too quickly)
MIDNIGHT MOON COOKIES
Inspired by an Edgar Allan Poe story in which a demonic cat is "graven in bas-relief upon the white surface" of a wall, these cakey black-and-white cookies feature the chocolate silhouette of a fur-raised feline set against a full moon of glossy icing.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 10 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray, line with parchment, and coat parchment. Sift flours, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium, and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then add vanilla. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe batter into ten 1/2-inch-thick, 3 1/2-inch-wide rounds, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake cookies until firm but not browned on bottoms, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer parchment with cookies to wire racks, and let cool.
- Make the cats and icing: Place melted chocolate in a pastry bag fitted with the smallest round tip. Tape 10 cat templates onto a baking sheet, then tape waxed paper over templates to baking sheet. Pipe chocolate on center and legs of 1 cat. Using a toothpick, spread chocolate to edges for fur. Repeat with remaining cats and chocolate. Freeze until hard, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift confectioners' sugar into a large bowl. Add boiling water in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth. Add butter, and whisk until smooth, adding more water if needed to thin.
- Remove cats from freezer, and cut waxed paper around each cat. Return to freezer. Spread a thin layer of icing on flat side of 1 cookie. Peel waxed paper from 1 cat. Using a small offset spatula, flip a cat, smooth side up, then center on icing. Repeat with remaining cookies, icing, and cats.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on low until light in color and very fluffy, at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter-sugar mixture. Beat on low until well combined.
- Add half the flour mixture and beat on low just until combined. Add remaining flour and chocolate chips and beat on low until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F Line two baking sheets with parchment or Silpats.
- Drop a tablespoonsful of dough onto lined sheets. (The dough is quite soft, so a disher is very helpful.) Bake until the tops begin to crack, but the cookies are not yet dry, about 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- When completely cool, store at room temperature up to 3 days. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts.
More about "midnight cookies recipes"
MIDNIGHT COOKIES RECIPE - QUICK AND TASTY - KATYKICKER
Reviews 2Category DessertCuisine BritishTotal Time 16 mins
MIDNIGHT COOKIES RECIPE | BAKEPEDIA
MIDNIGHT COOKIES - THE PERFECT HEALTHY MIDNIGHT SNACK ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 182 per serving
- Add 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats to the blender and pulse to create a coarse oat flour. Then add to a large bowl.
MIDNIGHT MONSTER COOKIES - PHENOMENAL
Servings 16Total Time 39 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Cream together your butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. I like to use cold butter that has been cut into small cubes. I let it sit out while I get my other ingredients measured, and by the time I am ready to start, it’s soft enough to mix but not so soft that it will cause the cookies to spread.
MY FAVORITE BROWNIE COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 (69)Category Cookies
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or use the microwave. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each until completely melted. Set aside to slightly cool (so it doesn’t melt the butter or cook the eggs).
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed for 2 full minutes. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl, then beat on high for 1 more minute. Pour in the slightly cooled melted chocolate and mix on medium-high speed for 2 full minutes.
- Pour in the the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until combined. Finally, beat in the chocolate chips.
37 BEST EASY COOKIE RECIPES TO MAKE AGAIN AND AGAIN ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 minsPublished 2020-05-15
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. These naturally gluten-free treats couldn't be easier to make—the three ingredients you'll need are peanut butter, sugar, and an egg.
- Simple Vanilla Jam Drops. This easy cookie recipe pairs a vanilla dough with raspberry jam, but you can use any jam or preserve that you prefer—strawberry, apricot, or orange marmalade would all be lovely options.
- Chewy Molasses Cookies. You know that cookie with the slightly crisp edges, chewy center, and magical ability to stay fresh for days? That's this cookie, which is lightly spiced, addictively chewy, and unapologetically bold with the molasses.
- Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it: The Epi Test Kitchen went through 18 batches of chocolate chip cookie recipes to find the perfect one.
- Chocolate Chunk Share Cookie. This chocolate wonder is called a share cookie, but it's so good you might not actually want to share it. Press the dough into a 10-inch round and get ready for one massive cookie to come out of the oven 20 minutes later.
- Melty Chocolate-Truffle Cookies. Slightly undercook these mouthwatering morsels for a molten effect. Get This Recipe.
- 3-Ingredient Brown-Butter Shortbread. Traditional shortbread gets an added depth of flavor with the use of brown butter. This recipe results in a rectangular-shaped cookie, but feel free to cut the dough into any shape you like while it's still warm.
- Almond-Oat Lace Cookies. No mixer needed for these irresistibly nutty, chewy cookies: Simply melt butter on the stove-top, stir in the dry ingredients, then spoon the batter onto a baking sheet.
- Pannelet Cookies with Sweet Potato and Coconut. These golden orange yam and coconut cookies from Spain are delicate and flavorful. They stay fresh for up to five days when stored in an airtight container.
- No-Bake Pistachio–White Chocolate Cookies. Want easy cookies you can make in less than an hour without having to run out to buy perishable ingredients—or even turn on your oven?
MIDNIGHT KISS COOKIES - NEW YEAR'S EVE COOKIES!
4.5/5 (2)Category CookiesServings 2Total Time 1 hr
- Unwrap about 24 hershey’s kisses and use the edible gold spray paint to spray them gold. I did 3 coats of paint on mine. Decide if you want to add gold sprinkles to some kisses. If so, I still sprayed them 3 times, just after the 3rd spray I quickly rolled each kiss in a bowl of gold sprinkles. The spray actually dries somewhat quickly, so you need to add the sprinkles as soon as you’re done spraying.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Beat with an electric mixer for 1 minutes, until smooth and fluffy. Add in the peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract, beat again, less than 1 minute. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder, mixing with a spatula just until there are small flour streaks left - it’s okay if the batter has clumps! Be careful not to over mix.
4 INGREDIENT MIDNIGHT COOKIES - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, sugar, egg, (espresso powder if using), and chocolate spread in a large bowl and mix together with a spoon until the dough comes together and no flour lumps remain.
- Make smooth dough balls, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter, rubbing between palms to smooth the surface of the balls. Place on cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Press down slightly on dough so the dough balls form thick round disks rather than perfectly round balls. Cookies will not spread much during baking so make sure to smooth edges and surface of dough.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Cookies should be mostly set, but might be slightly still soft in the middle. Let cookies cool on rack until completely set. Enjoy while still slightly warm or after completely cooled.
MIDNIGHT CHOCOLATE COOKIES | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
THUMBPRINT COOKIES - AGED GOAT MILK CHEESE, WALNUTS ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHOCOLATE MIDNIGHT COOKIES RECIPE - MOMSTART
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SANTA'S MIDNIGHT COOKIES | MIDWEST LIVING
5/5 (1)Total Time 19 hrsServings 48Calories 169 per serving
MIDNIGHT DELIGHT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MIDNIGHT COOKIES RECIPE - QUICK AND TASTY | RECIPE | QUICK ...
50 ALL-AMERICAN LATE NIGHT SNACKS - TASTE OF HOME
LOVE CRUMBL COOKIES? THESE DUPE RECIPES CAN BE MADE AT HOME
MIDNIGHT MINT COOKIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
THE MIDNIGHT BAKER - EASY TO MAKE MAIN MEAL AND DESSERT ...
CRUMBL COOKIES COPYCAT RECIPES - COOKING WITH KARLI
NEW BAKERY IN TORONTO MAKES AND DELIVERS FRESH COOKIES IN ...
MIDNIGHT COOKIES RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #drop-cookies #desserts #easy #kosher #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #dietary #taste-mood #sweet #number-of-servings #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make midnight cookies?Add 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats to the blender and pulse to create a coarse oat flour. Then add to a large bowl. Add whole old-fashioned rolled oats, chopped cashews, sesame seeds, and spices to the bowl. Put dates, apple sauce, coconut oil, honey, and egg in a blender and blend until smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
What's the easiest way to make peanut butter cookies?These naturally gluten-free treats couldn't be easier to make—the three ingredients you'll need are peanut butter, sugar, and an egg. Preheat the oven to 350°F and whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Drop the dough in mounds onto a prepared baking sheet, and you're 12 minutes away from amazing peanut butter cookies.
How do you make crumbl cookies at home?1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. In a food processor, grind the 25 Oreos until finely crushed. In a medium bowl mix the crushed oreos, flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt together.
How do you make a crackly brownie cookie?As detailed in the recipe below, cream the butter and both sugars together. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then beat in the melted and cooled chocolate. Pay attention to your mixing times. We want to beat long enough to whip some air into these ingredients, which helps achieve a crackly brownie appearance on the cookies.