Recipe video above. Meatloaf is so much more than a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape. It should ooze with flavour, be moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced. And the caramelised glaze is the crowning glory!
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Oil or spray a loaf tin. (Note 3)
- Glaze: Mix together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Meatloaf: Place breadcrumbs in a very large bowl. Grate over onion. Mix so the breadcrumbs are all wet. (Note 4)
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Form into a loaf shape, pinching together then smoothing over creases and cracks (helps prevent cracks during baking).
- Transfer into loaf tin. Brush generously with glaze, using about 1/2.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with most of the remaining glaze. If there is excess fat pooling, scoop/pour it off.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Stand for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting into thick slices. You will probably get a bit of crumbling just on the edges of the first couple of slices, this is normal and indicative of the tenderness of the meatloaf (zero crumble indicates firm packed harder meatloaf which isn't as enjoyable!).
- Ideal served with a dollop of ketchup, creamy mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 179 g, Calories 404 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 24 g, Fat 26 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Cholesterol 129 mg, Sodium 607 mg, Sugar 7 g
TOP RATED CLASSIC MEATLOAF
My family enjoyed the slightly spicy taste of this meatloaf. This recipe, submitted by a local DJ, was in our local paper.
Provided by Rosemary Chapman
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 Meatloaf, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
- Brush the loaf with this mixture.
- Place meat loaf in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
Keep this meatloaf recipe handy: It's the only one you'll need.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the meatloaf mix, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, onion, garlic, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and form it into a compact oval-shaped loaf about 9 inches by 5 inches. Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes.
- Stir the brown sugar together with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire in a small bowl for the glaze. Brush the top and sides of the meatloaf all over with the glaze. Return to the oven and bake until the glaze starts to caramelize and a thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
TRADITIONAL MEAT LOAF
Topped with a sweet sauce, this traditional meat loaf recipe tastes so good that you might want to double it so everyone can have seconds. It also freezes well. -Gail Graham, Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. Tear bread into 2-inch pieces; place in a blender. Cover and pulse to form coarse crumbs; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in egg, milk, cheese, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. , In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients; spread over loaf. Bake 60-75 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Freeze option: Bake meat loaf without glaze. Securely wrap cooled meat loaf in foil, then freeze. To use, partially thaw meat loaf in refrigerator overnight. Prepare and spread glaze over top; reheat on a greased shallow baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 21g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 843mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
MOM'S MEAT LOAF
Mom made the best meatloaf, and now I do, too. When I first met my husband, he didn't care for homemade meatloaf, but this won him over. -Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf., Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 1092mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf. And if you don't have a go-to recipe, we offer you this one. It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the whole fam, turn to this can't-miss recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread 1/4 cup ketchup evenly over top. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
Not your average blue-plate special, this meatloaf recipe brings three ground meats together with a sweet-and-sour glaze to form a tender and moist mealtime favorite.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse bread in a food processor until finely ground. (You should have about 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs.) Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Pulse garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and parsley in food processor until finely chopped. Add to breadcrumbs. Add meats, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; mix together using your hands. Transfer mixture to a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup ketchup and the brown sugar until smooth; brush onto meat. Set pan on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 160 degrees, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Good meatloaf is about as comforting as comfort food gets. Thankfully, meatloaf doesn't have to be complex to be good. It just needs to be tender (from breadcrumbs soaked in milk and gentle handling) and flavorful (from onion, garlic, and ketchup).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in milk. Set aside, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bread-milk mixture, and mix very gently with a fork (do not overmix).
- Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Bake, brushing twice with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during baking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464 g, Fat 33 g, Protein 29 g
More about "meat loaf recipes"
10 BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR 31 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE (SECRET INGREDIENT!) - SIMPLY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MEAT LOAF THAT'S ALWAYS SUPER JUICY AND FLAVORFUL
MEAT LOAF | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE BEST OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE YOU WILL EVER EAT
PRISON MEATLOAF RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST WORLDS BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEATLOAF RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
MEATLOAF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY MEATLOAF
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER MINCE RECIPES
MEATLOAF - WIKIPEDIA
MOMMA'S MEATLOAF - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
MEATLOAF RECIPES | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
CLASSIC BEEF MEAT LOAF | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
THE MEATLOAF RECIPE THAT’LL TURN YOU INTO A MEATLOAF LOVER
11 MUST-TRY MEATLOAF RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
MEATLOAF - CAFE DELITES
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
21 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BEST MEATLOAF
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | MCCORMICK
21 MEATLOAF RECIPES | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
EASY CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
INA GARTEN’S MEATLOAF (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
MEATLOAF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
OLD-FASHIONED, CLASSIC MEATLOAF OR BASIC MEAT LOAF RECIPE
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
BEST MEAT LOAF RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
27 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES AND PREP TIPS - THE SPRUCE EATS
OUR BEST MEAT LOAF RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE…JUST LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE.
THE BEST MEATLOAF: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE AND RECIPES
MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love