MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS
Miniaturized sandwiches don't usually float my boat, or submarine, as they're almost always not as good as the full-sized versions, but these mini Philly cheesesteaks really captured everything I love about the classic.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into hot butter and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is pale and flour taste cooks off, about 1 minute. Pour milk into flour mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is hot and thickened, 3 to 6 minutes. Add 2 ounces provolone cheese, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and salt; stir until cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Season steak all over with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak in hot oil, turning occasionally, until meat is slightly firm and pink on the inside, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer meat to a plate.
- Return skillet to heat and pour water into the skillet; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour liquid from the skillet over steak. Cool steak to room temperature; dice meat and place meat and accumulated juices from the plate into a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion and peppers in hot oil until softened and slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir peppers and onions mixture into diced meat; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread bread slices out on prepared baking sheets and drizzle remaining olive oil over the top. Turn slices over so that the oiled-side is facing down. Spread a thick layer of cheese mixture onto each slice. Spoon meat mixture over cheese. Sprinkle provolone cheese over the top of each slice.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cheese is melted, 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 18.2 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 12.9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 488.8 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
Provided by Sandra Lee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wrap the meat tightly in plastic wrap and put it into the freezer for 45 minutes. It should be firm but not completely frozen.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or a griddle over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook until they are soft and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooked onions and peppers for another use, such as the Round 2 Recipe Chili Tostada.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook until it just starts to bubble and thicken, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cheese and cayenne. Stir occasionally as the cheese melts. Cover and keep warm.
- With a sharp knife, slice the meat into very thin strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the meat until it is done to your liking, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Divide the onion and pepper mixture among the 4 rolls. Top with the meat and the cheese sauce.
Any kind of steak makes my husband happy. Philly cheesesteaks are a nice dinner choice or a great option instead of burgers. -Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Freeze steak 1 hour until firm but not frozen., In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and pepper sauce; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm., Place bun bottoms on a baking sheet, cut side up. Remove steak from freezer; cut into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add beef in batches; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove from pan., Layer bun bottoms with meat, onion mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 985 calories, Fat 41g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 151mg cholesterol, Sodium 1702mg sodium, Carbohydrate 87g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 65g protein.
More about "mini philly cheesesteaks recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE - HOW TO …
Reviews 8Calories 795 per servingCategory Super Bowl, Weeknight Meals, Dinner
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES RECIPE - DELISH
Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizers, Dinner, Side Dish, SnackServings 24Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Sear meat for about 2 minutes on each side; season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil into the same skillet and sauté shallots and peppers for about 5 minutes.
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH RECIPE - TOTS FAMILY
Servings 6Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
MINI PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS RECIPE | HOMEMADE RECIPES
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 3 minsAuthor Homemade Recipes
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS | KITCHN
AMAZING PHILLY CHEESESTEAK MASHUPS - ALLRECIPES
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAK WONTON CUPS (APPETIZER
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (THE ULTIMATE GUIDE) - MOMSDISH
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SUPER-TENDER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - ALYONA’S COOKING
PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - THE COOKIE ROOKIE® - EASY RECIPES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLIDERS - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
MINI MUFFIN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK BITES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SHEET PAN MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS | 12 TOMATOES
10 BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE BEST AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - FUN HAPPY HOME
THE BEST EVER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY …
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE - JANE RECIPES
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - JO COOKS
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE, THE GLORIOUS PRIDE OF PHILADELPHIA
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (+VIDEO!) - BUTTER BE READY
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SKILLET (25-MINUTES) - EAT THE GAINS
EASY PULL-APART PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE - DIY JOY
PEPPERJACK CHEESESTEAKS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS - FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES
HOW TO COOK THE BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - EAT LIKE PINOY
SUPER SIMPLE HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES - DEVOUR …
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED PEPPERS - FRESH APRIL FLOURS
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE | YEPRECIPES
EASY MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAK WONTON CUPS – BEST HOMEMADE …
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS | RECIPE | RECIPES, APPETIZER RECIPES, …
SHEET PAN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK - PINCH OF NOM
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAK BIRRIA QUESATACO RECIPE - PRAVDANY.COM
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS SUPER BOWL RECIPE - YOUTUBE
EASY PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - THE CHEESE KNEES
CLASSIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - COOKTHESTORY
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS | RECIPESTY
MINI PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SLIDERS, AN EASY RECIPE ON LEXEATS.COM
MINI PHILLY CHEESESTEAK WONTON CUPS RECIPE STORY
HOMEMADE CHEESESTEAK - PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE - DWARDCOOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Philly Cheese Steak?These Philly cheese steaks are the kind of snacks and appetizer you will crave all year round! Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour, and stir it for a few minutes or until it turns golden. Add a cup of cold milk and whisk until the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat, then add cayenne powder, ground nutmeg, and salt.
What is a mini Philly cheesesteak?Miniaturized sandwiches don’t usually float my boat, or submarine, as they’re almost always not as good as the full-sized versions, but these mini Philly cheesesteaks really captured everything I love about the classic. Thinly sliced rib eye is traditionally used, and it’s fried and chopped on the grill, before meeting cheese and bread.
What kind of buns do you put on a Philly cheesesteak?Depending on where you are in the country, there are lots of different options: hoagie rolls, sub buns, and Italian hero rolls. Choose a bun that’s relatively soft (this isn’t a crispy baguette type of sandwich) and has a “hinge” so the cheesy steak and veggie goodness doesn’t fall out! What should I serve with my Philly Cheesesteak?
How to cook steak and cheese sandwiches with cheese sauce?Drain on paper towels and season with salt to taste. Layer a small amount of steak, peppers, and shallots on the bottom of each roll. Spread 1 teaspoon cheese sauce onto the top of each roll and gently press sandwiches closed. Serve the remaining cheese sauce on the side, for dipping the sandwiches.