MINI SHEPHERD'S PIES
These savory little pies may be made with simple convenience items, but I'm just as confident serving them to drop-in company as I am to my husband and three boys. -Ellen Osborne, Clarksville, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in chili sauce and vinegar. , In a small saucepan, combine water, cream cheese and butter; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in potato flakes., Separate biscuits; press each onto bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup. Fill with beef mixture; top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with potato chips. , Bake until topping is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.Freeze option: Freeze cooled pies in a single layer in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through, 15-18 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612 calories, Fat 36g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 92mg cholesterol, Sodium 1094mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
IMPOSSIBLY EASY SHRIMP PIE
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Layer shrimp, onions, basil and cheese in pie plate.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 185 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 560 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 1/2 g
MINI SHRIMP PIES
This is a recipe that we just served for a teacher's luncheon. It went over really well - a delicious dish. The cook, Michele, took this from one of Paula Deen's recipes. I prefer fresh mushrooms over canned, but I'm printing the recipe as written. Prep time reflects chilling time for pie crust.
Provided by mermaidmagic
Yield 6 appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Cut in the flour with a fork.
- Divide dough into 6 balls.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Grease a 6-cup jumbo muffin tins with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat each of the chilled dough balls into each muffin cup.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For Filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Slowly blend in half-and-half, stirring constantly.
- The sauce should be thick; do not brown the sauce.
- Add mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, Parmesan, and egg.
- Stir to combine.
- Fold in shrimp.
- Add garlic powder, to taste.
- Pour mixture into pie crusts.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.
- Let pies cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Garnish each with sprig of parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 712.5, Fat 50.2, SaturatedFat 29.6, Cholesterol 309.3, Sodium 925.3, Carbohydrate 36.8, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.2, Protein 29.8
MINI SHEPHERD'S PIES
Delicious appetisers that can be made up to 2 days ahead. Adapted from a recipe I found in the Austrlaian magazine 'New Idea'. This recipe makes 45 Mini Shepherd's Pies. When making this, I'll omit the tomato paste as the spices in it disagree with me. Instead, I'll use 2 teaspoons dried Australian Bush Tomatoes. Worth tracking down if you can. VERY tasty! I'd suggest only adding the lemon juice if you lke citrus flavours. This recipe could also be used for making a single Shepherd's Pie or perhaps two Shepherd's Pies, depending on the size of your dishes. You could then also omit the pastry. If making larger Shepherd's Pies, remember to adjust the cooking time appropriately.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Yield 45 Mini Shepherd Pies
Number Of Ingredients 19
- PREPARING THE PIE FILLING: Heat a large non-stick pan; add the onion, garlic, leek, mushrooms and minced lamb/ground lamb and cook until the lamb is browned; drain any excess juices from the pan; stir in the tomato paste (or dried Australian Bush Tomatoes) diced tomatoes lemon juice and pine nuts, if using; season with pepper and salt; bring to the boil; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened; transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until cold.
- PREPARING AND FILLING THE PASTRY CASES: Using an 8cm-wide/3 inch cutter cut out 9 rounds from each pastry sheet - 45 rounds in all; place the rounds on a flat surface and flatten slightten slighten slighly with a rolling pin; place the rounds about 3cm /11/4 inches apart, on oven trays lined with baking paper; spoon 1 tablespoon of the lamb mixture in the centre of each round, leaving a 1cm/1/2 inch pastry edge; fold up the edges of the pastry, overlapping the folds tightly to secure the filling.
- PREHEAT THE OVEN to 200°C/400°F/6 gas mark.
- MAKING AND ADDING THE POTATO TOPPING: Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl; spoon the potato topping into a large piping bag fitted with a 1 cm/1/2 inch fluted nozzle; pipe small rosettes on top of each pastry round to partially cover the mince filling; drizzle the potato and pastry with the melted butter.
- COOKING THE MINI SHEPHERD PIES: Cook the Mini Shepherd Pies in a hot oven (200°C/400°F/6 gas mark) for about 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- SERVING THE MINI SHEPHERD PIES: Garnish the pies with fresh chives and serve hot.
- NOTES: If you have any filling left over, save it for making a toasted sandwich. If you have made these Shepherd's Pies ahead, reheat them in a hot oven for 15 minutes before serving them. The dicarded coarse leaves from the leek and any excess tomato juice can be saved for making Recipe #135453.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.6, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 21.2, Sodium 175.7, Carbohydrate 12.2, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.8, Protein 5.1
MINIATURE SHEPHERD'S PIES
These mini pies are ideal for nibbling at holiday parties. If ground beef isn't your preference, change up the flavor with ground lamb and a teaspoon of dried rosemary instead. -Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour, thyme, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peas; heat through. Set aside., Unfold puff pastry. Using a floured 2-1/4-in. round cutter, cut 12 circles from each sheet (save scraps for another use). Press circles onto the bottoms and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups., Fill each with 1-1/2 teaspoons beef mixture; top or pipe with 1 tablespoon mashed potatoes. Bake 13-16 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 112mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "mini shrimp pies recipes"
SHRIMP MINI POT PIES (EMPADINHAS DE CAMARãO) - EASY …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Prepare the pot pies dough: Place the flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat in the butter at low speed until mixture is well combined yet lumpy. Add the egg and beat until just incorporated. Add the iced water and beat until obtaining an homogeneous mixture. You might need to stop the electric mixer a few times to scrape together dough from both bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface, form a ball, and then press into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pot pies filling. In a medium stainless steel saucepan, bring the chicken stock or broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and stir in tomato paste, whisking to dissolve.
- In a different saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, add the flour, and stir well to make a roux. Add a little bit of the warm stock, whisking well until combined. Add the remaining stock and continue to whisk well constantly, over medium heat, until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
MINI SHRIMP POT PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 303 per serving
MINI SHRIMP POT PIE RECIPE | HEALTH.COM
Servings 4Calories 303 per serving
MINI CRAWFISH PIES - THIS TEACHER'S LIFE
JERK SHRIMP MINI PIES | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
MINI RECIPES THAT TASTE BETTER BITE-SIZED | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MINI SHEPHERD'S PIES - DELISH.COM
MINI SHRIMP POT PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES - MASTERCOOK
MINIATURE SHEPHERD'S PIES - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
10 BEST MINI SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
MINI STRAWBERRY PIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
MINI CRAWFISH PIES RECIPE | RECIPELAND
MINI CRAWFISH (OR SHRIMP) PIES | RECIPE | CRAWFISH PIE, CRAWFISH, …
MINI SHRIMP POT PIES RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
MINI PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MINI SHRIMP PIES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MINI CRAWFISH PIES RECIPE | LOUISIANA SEAFOOD
MINI SHRIMP POT PIE - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
MINI MEAT PIES | RICARDO
MINI SHRIMP POT PIES | RECIPE | POT PIE, COOKING SEAFOOD, EASY ...
MINI SHRIMP POT PIES RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
MINI SEAFOOD PIE | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
MINI SHRIMP TACOS (PRAWNS) | RECIPETIN EATS
SHRIMP & LEEK MINI PIE – FLAMINGO ESTATE
MINI STRAWBERRY PIES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
SWEET BITE SIZED MINI CHERRY PIES DESSERT RECIPE
MINI SHRIMP POT PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MINI CHERRY PIES - TWO SISTERS
MINI SHRIMP PIES - HOT APPETIZERS
MILE-HIGH MINI STRAWBERRY PIES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
MINI MEAT PIES - SOBEYS INC.
JERK SHRIMP MINI PIES – STYLISH CUISINE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #seafood #vegetables #dinner-party #shrimp #dietary #low-carb #mushrooms #low-in-something #shellfish #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love