MINI STUFFED PEPPERS
These sweet mini stuffed peppers are elegant, delicious, and colorful. They can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Simply stage them on a serving dish and heat in a microwave oven when company arrives. Best of all, they are easy to make. Recipe makes approximately 27 stuffed peppers.
Provided by Peter Steriti
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse peppers in cold water. Using a small paring knife, carefully remove stems and seeds preserving as much of the top of the peppers as possible.
- Sauté garlic, onion and celery in a large pan with olive oil until soft. Add chicken broth to pan and increase heat too high. Turn burner off Just prior to boiling,.
- Add stuffing mix, Tuscany seasoning, parsley and shredded Italian cheeses. Mix all ingredients until well combined, softened and moist. You can adjust softness by adding more stuffing mix or chicken broth. You are now ready to stuff.
- Using surgical gloves, stuff the peppers with a teaspoon or by hand. Once all the peppers are stuffed, pierce them with a paring knife in several places. This will allow steam to escape, helping to prevent stuffing from oozing out.
- DO NOT oven bake the stuffed peppers. Cooked peppers need to soften but retain their texture. Oven baking will over cook them, destroying their flavor and texture.
- Place them in a large frying pan with an ample amount of olive oil. Over medium heat, sauté peppers on all sides, only turning them over as their surfaces begin to singe. Peppers should be softened but retain texture.
- Made too much stuffing? That's a good problem. Form the stuffing mix into a burger. Brown one side in the pan used to fry the peppers. Flip the stuffing burger and top the cooked side with more cheese. Covering pan as you brown the other side will help the cheese melt.
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare the peppers: Lay each pepper sideways on a flat surface and cut off the top so it's like a little hat for the rest of the pepper. Use a paring knife to carefully cut away any seeds stuck to the top. Use the paring knife or a small spoon to scoop any seeds from inside the pepper. In a large bowl, toss the pepper tops and bottoms with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon salt. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. When it is hot, drop in the pepper tops and bottoms and cook until they are browned and slightly wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Tilt the pan so the peppers spill out onto a baking sheet. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the filling: Use a rubber spatula to spread the goat cheese over the bottom and up the sides of a medium bowl so that you can season it evenly. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt, the scallions and the pine nuts all over the cheese. Mix to blend. Taste to make sure the flavors are balanced.
- Fill and bake the peppers: Use a small spoon to stuff the peppers with the cheese mixture and then arrange them on a baking sheet with room between them. (Reserve the tops.) Bake until the filling is hot in the center, 8 to 10 minutes (test the center with the tip of a knife).
- Make the dressing and finish the dish: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Remove the peppers from the oven and drizzle with the lemon dressing. Top the peppers with the reserved tops. Serve immediately.
MINI STUFFED PEPPERS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place halved peppers in a bowl. Add olive oil and salt; toss to combine.
- Mix goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, jalapeno, garlic, chives, and black pepper in a separate bowl. Stir until evenly combined. Spoon cheese mixture into pepper halves and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers have softened and cheese is browned, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 7.3 mg, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 68.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
MINI STUFFED PEPPERS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bell peppers in half top to bottom and remove the seeds and ribs. Set aside. Cook the rice in a medium saucepan following the package directions.
- In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic over medium-high heat, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain any excess fat from the meat and remove the skillet from the heat. Combine the ground beef mixture, rice, tomatoes, black pepper and salt in a large bowl and mix until blended.
- In a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish, place the bell peppers cut-side up. Evenly divide the beef mixture among the pepper halves. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle the Cheddar on top. Return the pan to the oven, uncovered, and bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
More about "mini stuffed peppers recipes"
3-INGREDIENT MINI STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
4.9/5 (25)Calories 97 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Cut all the peppers in half lengthwise and remove any seeds. Lay them cut-side-up on the baking sheet. Spoon the seasoned goat cheese into the center of each pepper half.
- Lightly drizzle the peppers with honey, and sprinkle with salt if desired. You can also garnish them with fresh herbs if you like, but it's not necessary. Bake for 10 minutes, then serve warm.
PANEER STUFFED MINI PEPPERS - RAKS KITCHEN
Reviews 1Servings 3Cuisine IndianCategory Snack
10 BEST CREAM CHEESE STUFFED MINI PEPPERS RECIPES | …
10 BEST STUFFED MINI PEPPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS TO KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF - DIY CANDY
Reviews 4Calories 250 per servingCategory Appetizers
- Use a paring knife to slice them in half, then a spoon to remove any seeds. Set aside. Turn your oven to 400º F.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil or cooking spray on medium-high heat. Place the ground meat of your choice into the pan and cook. While cooking, add in the salt, pepper, and parsley into the meat. Cook until brown.
MINI STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 436 per serving
CHEESY BACON STUFFED MINI PEPPERS - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
Ratings 56Calories 87 per servingCategory Appetizer
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, green onions, bacon, garlic powder, cheddar, and worcestershire sauce with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fill the sliced peppers with the filling, about a heaping tablespoon each. Place on prepared cookie sheet, then sprinkle each pepper with a little extra cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and peppers have softened.
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS - SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE - PINCH ME GOOD
Reviews 2Category SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.Choose the dish you want to bake the peppers in. I used a small sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray. Layout the peppers on the baking sheet to make sure they fit.
- Heat up a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium-high heat. Add in the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the spinach and artichokes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted and set aside to cool.
- Add in the cooled spinach artichoke mixture and mix well, add in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Mix everything together.
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS WITH SAUSAGE (98 CENTS/SERVING ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 234 per serving
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half, lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Trim the stem short. Remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers. Place the pepper halves on the prepared tray.
- Divide the Italian sausage among the pepper halves, stuffing each one with as much sausage as it will hold.
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS WITH BEEF RICE - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
4.7/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, Main EntreeCalories 545 per serving
- Saute vegetables:Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Add diced onions and saute until golden in color, stirring oftenb(~5 minutes). Next, add the shredded carrots, stir and saute another 5-10 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, pressed garlic and cook covered with a lid until the tomatoes are well softened (~10 minutes).
- While the peppers are baking prepare the sauce. Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Add the diced onions and saute over medium heat until slightly browned, stirring often (~about 5-10 minutes).
- Add 6-7 baby bell peppers to a bowl, then top with the creamy tomato sauce mixture or some sour cream. Finish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
5/5 (154)Calories 67 per servingCategory Appetizer
- If your cheese is fridge-cold, slice it and microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Place the cheese, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Spread the peppers, cut side down, on a cutting board. Spray them with olive oil, then turn to the other side, so that the cut side is up.
MINI STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
Reviews 1Calories 174 per servingCategory Food And Drinks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or shallow casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the diced onions and peppers into the skillet and cook on medium high until the onions are translucent.
MINI TACO STUFFED PEPPERS - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
4.5/5 (30)Category Main CourseCuisine MexicanTotal Time 35 mins
- Slice 1/3 of the pepper off lengthwise, reserving for later use. Seed the peppers. Peppers naturally have one side that is straighter than the other. When slicing the top of your bell peppers, try to slice the side that is curvier off so that the flat side remaining is the side we are stuffing.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and reserved 3/4 cup chopped peppers over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat 5-10, stirring occasionally. Let mixture slightly cool.
MINI STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - CINCYSHOPPER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 24Total Time 50 minsCategory < 60 MinsCalories 71 per serving
- Brown pork and veal over medium high heat. Add minced garlic as meat is close to finished. If very fatty, drain, then allow to cool. Add the diced onion to the meat.
- While this is going on, I prepare the peppers. I slice on side off, trying to make a flat side they can lay on and create a bowl. (I save the sliced pieces to use in other recipes.) Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and "ribs" and rinse under cool water.
- Mix the meat and cream cheese in a bowl while the meat is still warm. (I think the consistency is right at about 6 ozs, but play with it.) Chill in the refrigerator while you finish cleaning the peppers.
CHEESE STUFFED ROASTED MINI PEPPERS | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 1Category Vegetables-PeppersServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- Lay the peppers onto the baking sheet, and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until the peppers are soft and starting to brown.
35 MINI SWEET PEPPER RECIPES FOR BIG FLAVOR IN A SMALL BITE
- Cream Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers. If you are looking for a perfect appetizer to impress your guests with, look no more. These colorful, creamy and super delicious mini Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers are packed with mushrooms, walnuts and other goodness.
- Spicy Bacon Wrapped Sweet Peppers. Spicy bacon wrapped sweet peppers are an easy appetizer to make when entertaining for the holidays. Everyone will love the combination of flavors.
- Grilled Mini Peppers with Spiced Walnut & Lentil Crumble. Grilled mini peppers with spiced walnut and lentil crumble are a pantry-friendly, super simple, protein-packed vegan main course.
- Artichoke Jalapeno Stuffed Mini Peppers. 4 ingredients from Trader Joes, and about 30 minutes you have a deliciously cheesy appetizer that is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers. These Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers are the perfect go-to meal for those busy weeks ahead in the fall!
- Cream Cheese Chorizo Stuffed Mini Peppers. These irresistible low carb Cream Cheese Chorizo Stuffed Mini Peppers will make a bright and cheerful addition to your appetizer menu.
- Bell Pepper Nachos. These Bell Pepper Nachos are packed with flavor and perfect as a meal or an appetizer. Colorful mini bell peppers stuffed with seasoned lean ground beef and black beans, topped with cheese and your favorite nachos.
- Baby Bell Peppers Salad with Roasted Garlic. Love transforming simple everyday ingredients into a delectable recipe. This baby bell pepper salad shows how we can take advantage of the sweetness of common vegetables and make a side dish worthy of any main.
- Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers Sheet Pan Meal. Italian Sausage and Sweet Mini Peppers Sheet Pan Meal is a delicious dinner idea for everyone who loves Italian Sausage and peppers!
- Stuffed Mini Peppers – with Spinach and Artichoke. Sweet mini bell peppers filled with a healthy vegetarian cheesy filling that is so delicious and baked until melty and crispy.
EASY APPETIZER IDEA: PARTY POPPERS (MAKE AHEAD - ONLY 5 ...
- Remove the cream cheese from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This will make it easier to mix with the other ingredients later.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until it’s crispy. I prefer to cook mine in the oven set at 375 degrees on a foil lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes (flip it half way through).
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the tops off of the mini peppers and clean out the seeds. You can also take this time to finely dice the jalapeños and shred the cheese if you haven’t already.
STUFFED MINI PEPPERS - END OF THE FORK
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 73 per serving
10 BEST STUFFED MINI PEPPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH A TWIST! | PURE FLAVOR®
SIRI DALY'S CHEESY STUFFED MINI PEPPERS RECIPE
SIRI DALY’S CHEESY STUFFED MINI PEPPERS RECIPE – MY LOSS ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #appetizers #vegetables #easy #european #dinner-party #italian #inexpensive #peppers #brunch #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make stuffed peppers?Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place halved peppers in a bowl. Add olive oil and salt; toss to combine. Mix goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, jalapeno, garlic, chives, and black pepper in a separate bowl. Stir until evenly combined. Spoon cheese mixture into pepper halves and place on a baking sheet.
What to make with Mini Taco stuffed peppers?Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers are miniature bell peppers stuffed with taco meat and drizzled with a cilantro cream sauce. These can easily be made prepared ahead of time for an easy appetizer.
What can you stuff mini sweet peppers with?Mini sweet peppers are similar to bell peppers but are smaller and sweet, perfect for snacking or using in an appetizer such as this. What can you stuff mini peppers with? You can stuff mini peppers with just about anything small enough to fit, but today we’re putting together a zesty mix of cheeses, horseradish, and green onions.
Can you cook stuffed mini peppers in a crock pot?Instead of baking the Stuffed Mini Peppers can be cooked in the crock pot (slow cooker). If making in the slow cooker, place the peppers into the insert of the slow cooker, add the cooking liquid and cook on High for about 3-4 hours or Low for about 6 hours.