LAMB CHOPS WITH MINT SAUCE
- For the spice rub and lamb: Stir together the salt, pepper, coriander, cayenne and lemon zest in a small bowl. Season the lamb chops on both sides with the spice rub. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the mint sauce.
- For the mint sauce: In a food processor, add the mint, parsley, anchovies, garlic and some red pepper flakes. Process, adding olive oil as you go, until the sauce is just loose enough to drizzle. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Heat a grill pan or grill on medium-high heat. Oil the grill and pat the chops dry. Grill the lamb until done to your liking, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the mint sauce and Baked Sweet Potato with Sour Cream and Mint.
- Pierce the sweet potato several times with a fork and microwave on high according to the manufacturer's instructions until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the potato open, add the sour cream and snip the mint leaves over the top to garnish.
MINT CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook mint leaves in a pot of boiling water for about 10 seconds.
- Transfer mint leaves to a bowl of ice water; soak for 30 seconds, drain and squeeze dry.
- Combine blanched mint with garlic, olive oil, bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds until fine and crumbly.
- Transfer mint mixture to a large bowl; stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup Dijon mustard and 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine extra-virgin olive oil, rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons honey, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in a jar with a lid. Shake vinaigrette vigorously until combined, about 30 seconds. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Slice 1/2 to 1-inch slits between each bone of the lamb racks to assure the meat roasts evenly.
- Season each rack with salt and black pepper on all sides.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over high heat. Brown each lamb rack for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer lamb racks to the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each rack with mustard and honey mixture. Sprinkle mint mixture over the top and sides of each rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on top and medium rare in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 125 to 130 degrees F (52 to 54 degrees C). Remove from oven and allow lamb to rest for 10 minutes before serving, drizzled with honey mustard vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 681.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Cholesterol 121.9 mg, Fat 52.9 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 18.4 g, Sodium 625.1 mg, Sugar 7 g
LAMB CHOPS WITH FRESH MINT
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the oil, and the sugar. Add mint and stir to combine. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the remaining olive oil.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook chops in skillet until medium rare, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Top with the mint mixture and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 g, Fat 26 g
LEMON MINT LAMB CHOPS
- Grill chops until tender.
- While chops are under the grill, prepare the sauce:.
- Melt butter in pan; add finely chopped onion, saute until tender.
- Add lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and mint, heat gently.
- Spoon over hot chops.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui, New Zealand.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 706.5, Fat 62.2, SaturatedFat 29.6, Cholesterol 171.1, Sodium 189.7, Carbohydrate 5.5, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.3, Protein 31.6
LAMB CHOPS WITH MINT OIL
- Brush lamb chops with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator, 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Cook lamb chops until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Combine mint leaves, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a blender; blend until smooth. Drizzle over lamb chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508.4 calories, Carbohydrate 0.5 g, Cholesterol 112.5 mg, Fat 42.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 13.4 g, Sodium 125.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH MINT
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Mix the olive oil, mint, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste in a bowl. Rub the lamb chops all over with the garlic. Transfer a few tablespoons of the mint oil to a small bowl and brush on the chops.
- Grill the chops until charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Press the middle of a chop with your finger: It should be slightly firm with a little give for medium-rare doneness.) Transfer to a platter and brush with some of the remaining mint oil. Sprinkle with mint and serve with more mint oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calorie, Fat 17 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Cholesterol 62 milligrams, Sodium 185 milligrams, Carbohydrate 1 grams, Protein 20 grams, Sugar 0 grams
SAVORY MINT LAMB CHOPS
- Place olive oil, chopped fresh mint, minced garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in small bowl; mix well. Spread herb mixture over both sides of lamb chops. Transfer chops to broiler pan. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Broil chops until brown and crusty, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Arrange chops on platter, garnish with fresh mint sprigs, and serve.
More about "minted lamb chops recipes"
MINT AND CUMIN-SPICED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.9/5 (62)Estimated Reading Time 30 secsServings 8
- Pulse onions, cilantro, parsley, mint, cumin, paprika, allspice, red pepper flakes, and ras-el-hanout in a food processor until very finely chopped; season with salt. Place lamb in a large dish and rub with spice mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat and oil grate. Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
LAMB CHOPS WITH MINT GREMOLATA RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 2 hrs 20 minsServings 2Calories 190 per serving See details »
LAMB CHOPS - MINTED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Servings 4Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 580 per serving
- Bring to the boil and bubble for about 1min. (Don't overcook the sauce as the cucumber and peas may discolour.).
SPICED MINTED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main See details »
MINT-MARINATED LAMB CHOPS | SOSCUISINE
5/5 (7)Category Main Courses/EntréesServings 2Calories 170 per serving See details »
10 BEST MINT MARINATED LAMB CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH MINT MARINADE | BETTER HOMES & …
4/5 (24)Calories 310 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
- Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, 3 tablespoons of the mint, and the pepper. Pour over the chops; close bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. Drain chops, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chops with the salt.
- Grill chops on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 10 to 14 minutes for medium-rare and 14 to 16 minutes for medium doneness.) Sprinkle with remaining mint. Makes 4 servings.
MINTED LAMB CHOPS | RECIPE | SIMPLY BEEF & LAMB
Cuisine BritishCalories 433 per servingServings 4
- To prepare the marinade: in a large, shallow bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Season. Add the lamb, coat on both sides, cover and set aside.
- Cook the lamb in a non-stick griddle pan on the hob, under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared BBQ for 6–8 minutes on each side or until any meat juices run clear.
MINTED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 2Calories 363 per serving
- Trim fat from chops. Combine chops and next 4 ingredients in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chops from bag, reserving marinade. Sprinkle chops with salt. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place rack on grill over medium-hot coals. Place chops on rack; cover and cook 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with mint jelly.
EASY BAKED LAMB CHOP RECIPE WITH MINT CHIMICHURRI ...
5/5 (34)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 669 per serving
- Marinating your lamb is completely optional. If you want to marinade your lamb chops, chop all the marinade ingredients (listed under NOTES)in a blender and add to a large zip lock bag with your lamb chop for one hour or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Remove all lamb chops from the plastic bag and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan on high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil once heated. Then sear lamb chops on both sides for 1-2 minutes until they are browned.
- Next, transfer to a large baking dish, or keep in your pan if it is oven safe up to 400 degrees. Add your preferred vegetables such as asparagus, broccolini, or cauliflower and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
LAMB CHOPS RECIPE WITH MINT & SHALLOT SAUCE - 6 WEIGHT ...
Cuisine American, EnglishTotal Time 40 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 197 per serving See details »
MINTED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - FEED YOUR SOLE
Cuisine BritishTotal Time 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 850 per serving
- Add the mint, shallot, olive oil and garlic to a food processor or blender. Season well and then blitz until you have a rough paste that is easy to spread.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Add a small splash of oil and then, once hot, add the chops, mint side down, to the pan and cook on one side for 3 minutes. While they are cooking spoon the remaining mint mixture over the exposed side of the chops and spread evenly.
- Turn the chops using tongs and cook on the other side for a further 4 minutes for medium-rare. Alernatively, turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes for well done.
MINT-GRILLED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 173 per serving
- Trim fat from lamb. Rub lemon halves on both sides of lamb. Coat grill rack with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place lamb on rack; grill, covered, 5 minutes. Turn lamb; spread mint mixture evenly over lamb. Cook 5 additional minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
- Note: In a heart-healthy diet, no more than 30 percent of your calories should come from fat. But not every food you eat has to fall under the 30 percent limit. For instance, when you serve lamb chops (which are naturally higher in fat), be sure to serve a low-fat side dish such as pasta or rice to keep your total fat percentage down at a healthy level.
SLOW COOKED MINTED LAMB CHOP | BBC GOOD FOOD
4/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine BritishTotal Time 7 hrs 20 mins See details »
MINT LAMB CHOPS - SOUTH AFRICAN FOOD | EATMEE RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
MY MINTY LAMB CHOPS IN MINT GRAVY 😋 RECIPE BY MAUREEN 😀 ...
See details »
INA GARTEN GRILLED LAMB CHOPS - HAMDI RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST MINT MARINATED LAMB CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
MINTED LAMB CHOPS - FRESH LIVING
See details »
GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH HOMEMADE MINT SAUCE - SAFEWAY
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #lamb-sheep #oven #easy #kosher #broil #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #equipment #presentation #served-hot #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make mint lamb chops?In this very simple recipe, the spices, mint, garlic, and oil form a crust that helps seal in the lamb's juices. Sautéed carrots and roasted potatoes would be nice on the side. Place olive oil, chopped fresh mint, minced garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in small bowl; mix well.
How do you make mint sauce for Lamb?Place mint leaves in a small bowl. Stir in water, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes, then serve immediately with lamb. How long does mint sauce last in fridge? If covered, mint sauce will last for two weeks in the fridge. Why is mint sauce served with lamb?
What's the best way to grill lamb chops?Mix the olive oil, mint, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste in a bowl. Rub the lamb chops all over with the garlic. Transfer a few tablespoons of the mint oil to a small bowl and brush on the chops. Grill the chops until charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
What kind of marinade do you use for lamb chops?For marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, 3 tablespoons of the mint, and the pepper. Pour over the chops; close bag.