MISO MAPLE-GLAZED SALMON
This simple glaze combines salty and savory miso paste with sweet maple syrup. The rice vinegar marries the two, and a few drops of hot sauce are all you need to complete this incredibly easy, yet sophisticated dish.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Whisk together miso paste, seasoned rice vinegar, maple syrup, and hot chili sauce in a bowl.
- Brush an oven-ready skillet with vegetable oil.
- Place salmon fillets skin sides down in the cold skillet. Place over medium heat and cook until the skin starts to sizzle, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Brush each salmon fillet with miso glaze. Place skillet under the preheated broiler and cook until the salmon is just cooked through and the top is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove each fillet from the pan, separating flesh from the skin; leave the skin in the pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 82.5 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 30.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 902 mg, Sugar 12 g
Most recipes for miso-glazed fish are for salmon, because fatty fish are well suited for this preparation and salmon is particularly delicious. Nobu Matsuhisa is known for his miso-marinated black cod, which he marinates for two to three days. I can't imagine finding fish fresh enough to marinate for that long, so in my recipe I marinate the fish for a few hours before broiling and then finishing, if necessary, in the oven. The marinade is based on the Matsuhisa recipe, but I've reduced the sugar considerably.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, easy, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the mirin and sake in the smallest saucepan you have and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 20 seconds, taking care not to boil off much of the liquid, then turn the heat to low and stir in the miso and the sugar. Whisk over medium heat without letting the mixture boil until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sesame oil. Allow to cool. Transfer to a wide glass or stainless steel bowl or baking dish.
- Pat the fish fillets dry and brush or rub on both sides with the marinade, then place them in the baking dish and turn them over a few times in the marinade remaining in the dish. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 2 to 3 hours, or for up to a day.
- Light the broiler or prepare a grill. Line a sheet pan with foil and oil the foil. Tap each fillet against the sides of the bowl or dish so excess marinade will slide off. Place skin side up on the baking sheet if broiling.
- Place the fish skin side down on the grill, or skin side up under the broiler, about 6 inches from the heat. Broil or grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until the surface browns and blackens in spots. If necessary (this will depend on the thickness of the fillets) finish in a 400-degree oven, for about 5 minutes, until the fish is opaque and can be pulled apart easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 450, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 36 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 576 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
Delicious and simple to prepare, this recipe takes nearly an instant to prepare, especially when your young sous-chefs join you in the kitchen.
Provided by WhatsCookingwithKids
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk together the sake, miso paste, mirin, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a baking dish. Add the salmon, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before flipping the fillets over in the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Bring salmon to room temperature, about 15 minutes, then remove salmon from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange salmon in the skillet, and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the fish to a plate and garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.3 g, Cholesterol 82.5 mg, Fat 17.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1173.5 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
MISO-GINGER MARINATED GRILLED SALMON
- Whisk together the miso, mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Place the salmon in a baking dish, pour the marinade over, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat grill to high. Remove the fish from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon, skin side down, with the cover closed, until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon over and continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness. Drizzle with a little yuzu juice, if desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calorie, Fat 31.5 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 125 milligrams, Sodium 634 milligrams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fiber 1.5 grams, Protein 48 grams, Sugar 4 grams
More about "miso glazed salmon recipes"
MISO- GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (52)Total Time 20 minsCategory AsianCalories 287 per serving
MISO GLAZED SALMON RECIPE
4.9/5 (30)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Japanese, Miso, SalmonCalories 403 per serving
EASY MISO GLAZED SALMON - ASIAN CAUCASIAN FOOD BLOG
Reviews 1Category Dinner / SeafoodCuisine Asian FusionTotal Time 40 mins
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, ginger, pepper, and green onions until well combined. Place the salmon filet into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the salmon. Marinate the salmon in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven on the broil setting. Place the salmon on a foil-lined baking tray. Place on a high rack in the oven. Broil the salmon for approximately 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Watch carefully not to let the salmon burn! Garnish salmon with chopped green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve with a side of sticky rice, or our Baby Bok Choy with Ginger and Garlic.
MISO SALMON 味噌サーモン • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4.3/5 (460)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main Course
- Place the salmon in the bowl, skin side up. Spoon marinade and coat the salmon skin. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. This is a lightly seasoned miso fish (not miso-marinated fish like Black Cod), so I don’t recommend marinating longer than 1 hour as miso is quite salty.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for baking and foil for broiling. As miso gets burnt easily, remove excess marinade completely from the salmon and place it on the foil/parchment paper.
EASY MISO GLAZE (5 INGREDIENTS) – A COUPLE COOKS
Cuisine Asian InspiredTotal Time 5 minsCategory SauceCalories 24 per serving
- Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth (the miso may have a few lumps depending on its texture, which is okay).
MISO-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (42)Calories 297 per serving
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon miso mixture evenly over fish.
- Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting twice with miso mixture. Sprinkle with chives.
MISO-GINGER GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Brunch, Dinner, Weeknight Dinner, Main DishCalories 534 per serving
BEST MISO GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MISO GLAZED ...
Total Time 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 400° with one rack in the lower third of the oven and one 6 inches from the broiler heat source.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mustard, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, juice of 1 lime (1 tablespoon) and 2 tablespoons olive oil, whisking until homogeneous.
- Set aside at room temperature. In another mixing bowl, combine miso, sugar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, juice of 1 lime, and 1 tablespoon olive oil until the sugar is dissolved (you might need to mash the miso with a fork to start, and it’s okay if it’s not perfectly combined).
MISO SALMON RECIPE- HOW TO COOK THE MOST POPULAR …
Reviews 3Calories 818 per servingCategory Main
MISO-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - DANIEL BRUCE | FOOD & WINE
- In a small bowl, whisk the miso paste with the canola and sesame oils, honey, vinegar and soy sauce. In a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish, pour the miso marinade over the salmon fillets and turn to coat completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 1 hour.
- Light a grill and lightly brush it with oil. Lift the salmon fillets from the glaze and sprinkle both sides with the sesame seeds. Grill over a moderately hot fire for about 3 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to a platter, sprinkle with the scallions and serve.
EASY MISO SALMON – A COUPLE COOKS
4.7/5 (18)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 185 per serving
- Meanwhile, make the miso glaze: Whisk the miso, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, Sriracha and kosher salt together in a small bowl until smooth (the miso may have a few lumps depending on its texture, which is okay).
- Preheat the broiler to high. Place a large sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and brush it with olive oil. Pat each piece of salmon dry and place it on the foil skin side down. Brush salmon liberally with the glaze (1 to 2 tablespoons).
- Broil about 4 to 5 minutes for very thin salmon or 7 to 10 minutes for 1-inch thick salmon, until just tender and pink at the center (the internal temperature should be between 125 to 130F in the center). Brush with more of the glaze and serve.
MISO SALMON - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (12)Calories 274 per servingCategory Main
- Place the miso, mirin, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the salmon fillets to the bowl and spoon the marinade over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
MISO GLAZED SALMON - PREPPY KITCHEN
Ratings 6Calories 210 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a mason jar combine, olive oil, honey, 4 blackberries. Give it a quick muddle to break up the blackberries.
MISO GLAZED SALMON - LAUGHING SPATULA
5/5 (2)Category Dinner, Easy Dinner, Family Dinner, SalmonCuisine American, Asian, Salmon, SeafoodCalories 208 per serving
- Place salmon on foil lined sheetpan, and pour abot 2/3 of the marinade over the top of the salmon. *If deeper flavor desired, lllow to marinate for about 30 minutes-1 hour in the fridge.
- Place salmon in oven, cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches about 125 degrees. .
MISO GLAZED SALMON - SIMPLY WHISKED
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 25 mins
GINGER-MISO GLAZED SALMON - SAVOR THE BEST
Reviews 36Calories 194 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In a small dish, whisk together the miso, honey, soy sauce and lemon juice until well combined and smooth. Stir in the grated ginger root.
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish and spoon the miso marinade over them. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- On the stove top, heat a cast iron griddle or cast iron skillet over high heat until it is almost smoking hot. With tongs, remove the salmon fillets and allow excess marinade to drip off, place the salmon fillets on the hot griddle and immediately transfer the griddle/skillet to the preheated oven. Broil for 5-6 minutes. This will depend on how thick your fillets are. The fillets will be cooking from the broiler and from the bottom as well because of the hot griddle.
MISO-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE BY - THE DAILY MEAL
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 24 minsCategory EntreesCalories 279 per serving
- Step 3: Toast 1 tablespoon sesame seeds in a small, dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Step 4: Whisk together 2 tablespoons white miso paste, 2 tablespoons mirin, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger in a small bowl until smooth. Thin with 1 tablespoon water as needed; glaze should be thick but pourable.
EASY MISO GLAZED SALMON RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
Servings 3Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a medium bowl, combine the miso paste, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar, Allow the brown sugar to dissolve. Marinate the salmon for 30 minutes to 1 hour covered in the refrigerator.
- Position a rack near the upper third of oven and preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon on the foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle each piece with a teaspoon of the marinade. Bake the salmon filets for 5-10 minutes or until the salmon is tender and flakey in the center. Depending on the thickness of the filet, it may take more or less time. Serve warm topped with sesame seeds, if desired. I like to serve my salmon with a side salad or white or brown rice.
BROILED SALMON WITH MISO GLAZE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (19)Calories 337 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Line a small baking pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place salmon fillets, skin-side down, in the prepared pan. Brush generously with the miso mixture. Broil salmon, 3 to 4 inches from the heat source, until opaque in the center, 6 to 8 minutes.
MISO SALMON - EASY SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPE - PLATINGS ...
4.1/5 (24)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 337 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. For easy cleanup, line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper first, set aside.
- Whisk together the mirin, miso, soy sauce, brown sugar and half of the ginger. Place the salmon filet on your baking sheet and brush half of the miso mixture on top of it. Reserve the remaining miso glaze to a small bowl for later.
- Toss the vegetables with the remaining ginger, 2 Tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Scatter the vegetables around the salmon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with remaining miso mixture on the side.
MISO GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
3.3/5 (3)Category Healthy EatingAuthor Taylor KiserCalories 254 per serving
MISO GLAZED SALMON RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
4.1/5 (8)Author Stacey RussellServings 6Category Main-Dish
Servings 4Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner
HOISIN GLAZED SALMON RECIPE / 20+ COOKING DIRECTIONS ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #seafood #american #salmon #fish #saltwater-fish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Miso glazed salmon with soy sauce?1 Mix the miso, sake, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Adjust proportions to taste. 2 Marinate the salmon: Pour half of the mixture into a container large enough to fit the salmon fillets, then pour the rest over the top of the fish. Make sure the fish is coated with the miso sauce.
How to make miso ginger marinated salmon on the grill?Whisk together the miso, mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Place the salmon in a baking dish, pour the marinade over, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Heat grill to high.
What's the best way to make miso glaze?Let salmon rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the miso glaze: Whisk the miso, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, Sriracha and kosher salt together in a small bowl until smooth (the miso may have a few lumps depending on its texture, which is okay). Preheat the broiler to high.
How long to cook miso salmon in a pan?Scatter the vegetables around the salmon. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with remaining miso mixture on the side. You can easily swap out any of these suggested veggies for your favorites.