MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP
A recipe from the Organic Wales site. It lists organic ingredients, but that's up to you. It is a rich, satisfying soup.
Provided by Rhiannon and Matt
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper and fry for two minutes.
- Add the carrots and potato and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Loosely cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Leave to cool slightly then stir in the honey and orange juice, and then blend it in batches.
- Return to the pan to heat and serve hot with fresh coriander to garnish.
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP
Make and share this Moroccan Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ddav0962
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, saute 2 minutes. Mix in carrots. Add broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir cumin seeds in small skillet over med-high heat until fragrant, 4-5 minute. Cool and then finely grind in spice mill.
- Remove soup from heat. Puree in batches in blender until smooth. Return to same pan. Whisk in honey, lemon juice and allspice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle yogurt over, sprinkle generously with cumin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.5, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 19.2, Sodium 191.3, Carbohydrate 22.6, Fiber 4, Sugar 13.1, Protein 5.8
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP WITH MUSSELS
This is a Moroccan-style carrot soup, which can be served either hot or cold. Subtle sweetness (carrots), acidity (lemon), spice (cumin), fragrance (cilantro) and a touch of salinity (mussels) mirror the very aromas and flavor notes that the best of these German spätlese riesling wines deliver . The soup can also be made without the mussels, but not without the cilantro.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories soups and stews, appetizer, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a 3-quart saucepan. Add onion. Cook over low heat until starting to soften. Stir in cumin, cook briefly, stirring. Add carrots and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes. Cool briefly. Purée in a blender in two batches. Return soup to saucepan, season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice. Set aside until shortly before serving.
- Place mussels in a shallow 2-quart saucepan or sauté pan. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil, toss over high heat about a minute, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until mussels open, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove mussels, draining well so juices stay in pan. Discard any that do not open. When mussels are cool enough to handle, shuck them into a bowl, discard shells and toss mussels with remaining oil and the cilantro. Strain mussel broth and add to soup.
- Reheat soup. To serve, place a few mussels in each of 6 warm soup plates. Serve plates to guests. Ladle soup over mussels at the table. If not using mussels, fold cilantro into soup, ladle soup into bowls and drizzle each portion with remaining oil.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 160, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 490 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
HARIRA (SPICED MOROCCAN VEGETABLE SOUP WITH CHICKPEAS, CILANTRO, AND LEMON)
A Muslim staple to break the daily fast of Ramadan, this soup has crossed over to the Moroccan Jewish tradition of breaking the fast of Yom Kippur.
Provided by Joan Nathan
Categories Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur Soup/Stew Dinner Kosher Vegetarian Chickpea Lentil Parsley Cilantro Carrot Tomato
Yield 8-10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion, celery, and carrots until the onion turns translucent and begin to brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, harissa or chile flakes, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup each of the parsley and cilantro, tomatoes, and the stock or water and bring to a boil. If using the soaked chickpeas, drain them and add to the pot. Simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, then add the lentils, another teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper and continue simmering until the chickpeas and lentils are cooked, about 20 minutes more. If using canned chickpeas omit the first 25 minutes of simmering and add with the lentils.
- Whisk the flour, egg, and lemon juice into 2 cups (470 ml) of water. Stir into the soup. Simmer the soup about 5 minutes more and serve, sprinkled with the remaining cilantro and parsley. And don't forget to have some extra harissa in a plate on the side.
MOROCCAN LENTIL SOUP
Thick, delicious and nutritious, especially in the winter!
Provided by Grace and Mae
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Beans and Peas Lentil Soup Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In large pot saute; the onions, garlic, and ginger in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, lentils, chick peas, white kidney beans, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, garam masala, cardamom, cayenne pepper and cumin. Bring to a boil for a few minutes then simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or longer, until the lentils are soft.
- Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender. Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.8 calories, Carbohydrate 56.5 g, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 18 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 317 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
More about "moroccan carrot soup recipes"
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP | FEASTING AT HOME
4.8/5 (25)Total Time 35 minsCategory Vegan SoupCalories 142 per serving
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot. Add onions and saute over med-high heat until tender and golden, 3-4 minutes. Turn heat to medium and add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, until golden and fragrant. Add the carrots, potatoes, apples, stock and water.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Let this cool then blend in batches ( in a blender) until very very smooth and place back in the pot. Add the orange juice, coconut milk, salt and spices and stir to combine, while reheating over low heat.
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.6/5 (12)Total Time 40 minsServings 4
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Mix in carrots. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir cumin seeds in small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes; cool. Finely grind in spice mill.
- Remove soup from heat. Puree in batches in blender until smooth. Return to same pan. Whisk in honey, lemon juice, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper.
MOROCCAN-SPICED CARROT SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (23)Total Time 40 minsCategory Lunch, Dinner, SoupCalories 149 per serving
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.8/5 (209)Total Time 40 minsServings 4
DETOX MOROCCAN CARROT LENTIL SOUP (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
MOROCCAN-SPICED CARROT SOUP RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
MOROCCAN CARROT AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOROCCAN INSPIRED CARROT AND LENTIL SOUP - GOOD EATINGS
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE - THIS GAL COOKS
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
CRAIG'S MOROCCAN CARROT AND GINGER SOUP | EP. 16 | COOKING ...
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE — REDUCETARIAN FOUNDATION
AUTHENTIC MOROCCAN HARIRA SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP (HEALTHY!) - STEPHANIE KAY NUTRITION
AT THE IMMIGRANT'S TABLE: MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP WITH CHERMOULA
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP — REBECCA KATZ
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP | TASTE
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE WITH CHICKPEAS - COOKIN …
SPICY MOROCCAN SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOROCCAN CARROT LENTIL SOUP - EASY VEGAN RECIPE - JUSTYNA ...
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE - KITSKITCHEN
MOROCCAN CARROT AND LENTIL SOUP - DISHING OUT HEALTH
MOROCCAN SPICED CARROT AND LENTIL SOUP – RAWSPICEBAR
MOROCCAN CARROT AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE — THE MOM 100
MOROCCAN LENTIL CARROT SOUP - PIQUANT POST
MOROCCAN CARROT RED LENTIL SOUP - A CEDAR SPOON
FALL RECIPE: MOROCCAN-SPICED CARROT & SORGHUM SOUP | KITCHN
MOROCCAN CHICKPEA, CARROT, AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE - MOLLY ...
MOROCCAN CARROT, LENTIL AND PRUNE SOUP - SUNSWEET
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE | EASY SOUP RECIPES
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE | CULTURED PALATE
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP RECIPE — PIEDMONT GROCERY
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP | CARROTS | BOSTON ORGANICS
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP WITH HARISSA RELISH - TASTE AND TIPPLE
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP WITH LEMON HONEY YOGURT - PANNING THE ...
THOMASINA MIERS’ RECIPE FOR MOROCCAN-SPICED LENTIL AND ...
MOROCCAN RED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - A CEDAR SPOON
CARROT CURRY RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOROCCAN CARROT SOUP WITH CINNAMON HAZELNUTS - SNIXY KITCHEN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #soups-stews #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something
You'll also love