GIANT STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Remove the mushroom stems from the caps, and set the stems aside. Place the caps gill-side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pilaf stuffing. Chop mushroom stems. Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chopped mushroom stems and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in the cilantro, carrot, celery and kasha; cook 2 minutes more. Pour in water. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and place a lid on the pan. Simmer 20 minutes, or until the kasha is tender. Remove from the heat, and stir in parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the warm mushroom caps with the pilaf, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 328.1 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
- Butter one 9x13 inch casserole dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Rinse, pat dry and quarter mushrooms. In large skillet heat butter and add mushrooms, onion and celery; saute 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs with broth and eggs, add mushroom mixture, apples and parsley; mix well. Turn into casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.6 calories, Carbohydrate 71.7 g, Cholesterol 39.7 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 898.5 mg, Sugar 8.8 g
KASHA AND MUSHROOMS
My vegetarian friend introduced me to this dish. Full of nutrients and I think it is delicious. Adapted from Moosewood.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute, stirring often.
- While the onions are sauting, heat the vegetable broth in a saucepan, to boiling.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg and kasha.
- When the onions have softened, add in the kasha mixture and stir well to combine.
- Stir the kasha mixture for a minute or two, until the kasha kernels are separate and dry.
- When the stock boils, add it to the skillet; cover, and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or so, until the liquid is absorbed and the kasha is cooked.
- While the kasha is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in another medium skillet; saute/stir the mushrooms over high heat until the mushrooms release their juices.
- Remove the mushroom skillet from the heat.
- When the kasha is tender, add the mushrooms and 2-3 tablespoons of their liquid.
- Add in the soy sauce, dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
MUSHROOM AND KASHA STUFFING
- Place the groats in a small, heavy saucepan. Stir in the egg to coat the grains. Cook over medium high heat, stirring, until the groats are dry and separate. Don't worry if some of the egg has coated the pan. Add 1 1/2 cups of stock, bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the groats are just tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. (This proportion of liquid to grain is smaller than recommended on the package. The results are crunchy and separate, but additional moisture is picked up in the process of cooking the stuffing in the poultry and the grains will soften.)
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, saute until just beginning to soften, then add the mushrooms. Saute over medium high heat until the mushrooms are beginning to brown. Add the scallions, garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Stir in the cooked kasha and the bread. Moisten with the remaining one-half cup of stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 203, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 374 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
WILD MUSHROOM AND ONION KASHA
Provided by Marlena Spieler
Categories Mushroom Onion Side Sauté Christmas Low Fat Vegetarian Low Cal High Fiber Dinner Family Reunion Healthy Christmas Eve Potluck Bon Appétit Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place porcini in small bowl with 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Let soak until mushrooms are soft, 1 hour. Remove mushrooms from liquid; squeeze dry. Set mushrooms aside. Strain soaking liquid, leaving any sediment behind. Reserve soaking liquid.
- Combine buckwheat groats and beaten egg in heavy large pot (preferably nonstick). Stir over medium heat until grains are separated and lightly browned, 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer onions to bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, all mushrooms, and garlic to same skillet. Sauté until mushrooms are brown and tender, about 7 minutes. Add 1/2 cup reserved porcini soaking liquid and boil until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining reserved soaking liquid and 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth to pot with buckwheat groats. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until buckwheat groats are almost tender, stirring occasionally and adding more vegetable broth by 1/4 cupfuls if needed, about 20 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms to pot and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- *Available at many supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and Italian markets.
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
- Heat a dutch oven pot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and onions and saute until caramelized.
- Beat one egg in a bowl, add dried kasha and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a small skillet and add kasha/egg mixture.
- Stir until kasha kernels are separated.
- Once seperated, add kasha to onion/mushroom mix with two cups of water and one boullion cube.
- Cover for about 10 mins and turn of heat.
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS
- Mix the groats with the egg white in a heavy quart-and-a-half saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir with a fork for two to three minutes, until the grains are separated.
- Add the mushrooms and stock. Bring to a simmer, add the thyme, cover and cook over very low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 127, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 266 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
KALE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: unsalted butter, celery, large yellow onions, garlic, cremini mushroom, lacinato kale, fresh sage, fresh rosemary, day-old country white bread, large eggs, vegetable stock, fresh parsley, salt, black pepper
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Grease a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, onions, and garlic. Cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the kale, sage, and rosemary. Cook for another 5 minutes, until the kale is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable stock, half of the parsley, the salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and cooked vegetable mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and vegetable mixture, and stir to coat.
- Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Top with the remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594 calories, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 32 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 12 grams
More about "mushroom and kasha stuffing recipes"
BUCKWHEAT KASHA RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND KASHA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH WILD MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
KASHA STUFFING FOR CHICKEN OR VEAL | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
JEWISH KASHA VARNISHKES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS - SIDE DISH - KOSHER RECIPE
CHALLAH, WILD MUSHROOM & HERB STUFFING - ONCE UPON …
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
MUSHROOM STUFFING | TAKARA SAKE USA, INC.
KASHA CAKES WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE – COOKING MELANGERY
WORLD BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES: KASHA AND MUSHROOMS
KASHA, PORTOBELLO, MUSHROOM, AND BOW TIE PASTA STUFFING RECIPE
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH CARAMELIZED MUSHROOMS & ONIONS - AT THE …
WORLD BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES: KASHA AND MUSHROOMS
KASHA WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
KASHA (BUCKWHEAT GROATS) WITH MUSHROOMS - VEGKITCHEN
WILD MUSHROOM AND ONION KASHA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
KASHA STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS (THANK YOU, MARIA SPECK)
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS & ONIONS RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
CAULIFLOWER STUFFING WITH MUSHROOMS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
KASHA STUFFING - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: SAVORY KASHA STUFFING FOR POULTRY
KASHA MIXED MUSHROOM GRATIN | LISA'S KITCHEN | VEGETARIAN …
KASHA VARNISHKES WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY – NEUREZEPT
MUSHROOM AND KASHA STUFFING - PLAIN.RECIPES
MUSHROOM AND KASHA STUFFING - DINING AND COOKING
SAVORY KASHA STUFFING FOR POULTRY - BIGOVEN.COM
JEWISH BUCKWHEAT-MUSHROOM KNISHES (KASHA) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
ROASTED BUCKWHEAT WITH MUSHROOMS – POLISH KASHA
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS — A SIMPLE WAY TO USE BUCKWHEAT GROATS
VEGAN MUSHROOM STUFFING - THEVEGLIFE
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
KASHA STUFFING WITH MUSHROOMS LEEKS AND WILD RICE RECIPE
SERIOUSLY GOOD MUSHROOM STUFFING - INSPIRED TASTE
KALE, MUSHROOM, AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - LIVE SIMPLY
ITALIAN PEPPERS AND KASHA STUFFING — THE BIRKETT MILLS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a mushroom stuffing?Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the stuffing, celery leaves, parsley and bacon. Combine eggs and broth. Stir into stuffing mixture.
How do you cook Kasha?Heat butter and oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, saute until just beginning to soften, then add the mushrooms. Saute over medium high heat until the mushrooms are beginning to brown. Add the scallions, garlic, parsley and thyme. Stir in the cooked kasha and the bread. Moisten with the remaining one-half cup of stock.
What do you put in a mushroom casserole?Directions. In large skillet heat butter and add mushrooms, onion and celery; saute 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. In large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs with broth and eggs, add mushroom mixture, apples and parsley; mix well. Turn into casserole dish.
How to cook mushrooms on the stove top?Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or deep pot over medium heat, and then add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated and they are starting to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the onions, celery, garlic, sage, and thyme. Cook, stirring often, until the onions have softened and smell sweet, about 5 minutes.