MUSHROOM & SPINACH RISOTTO
- Heat the oil and butter in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice to coat with the onion and mushroom mixture. Pour in the wine and cook over a moderate heat for about 3 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the wine is absorbed.
- Reduce to a gentle heat. Add the tomatoes and 125ml/ 4fl oz of the stock and cook for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Pour in a further 125ml/4fl oz stock and continue cooking until absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock, until it is all absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in the parsley and half the parmesan. Season to taste. Scatter the spinach over the risotto. Cover and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until the spinach has just wilted. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 70 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 17 grams protein, Sodium 1.93 milligram of sodium
WILD MUSHROOM AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO FARROTTO (FARRO RISOTTO)
- Place the farro in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes to par-cook the farro, and then drain and set aside.
- In a heavy-based pot, add the butter and oil. Add the mushrooms, garlic and shallots and saute until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Deglaze with the white wine. Add the drained farro and stir to combine. Add the chicken stock to the pot a little at a time, ensuring at each addition that the liquid has been completely absorbed by the farro. Keep stirring and adding the stock until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and then add the Parmesan, sour cream and parsley.
MUSHROOM AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO
Are you looking for proof that a vegan entree can be rich, flavorful, and satisfying? Well look no further. This risotto, while a bit labor intensive, is well worth every minute you spend stirring. The servings are generous, so all you really need to make it a meal is some roasted asparagus or steamed broccoli. (From Vegan With a Vengeance)
Provided by chiclet
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add dried shiitake mushrooms and simmer for about 2 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
- When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop them.
- Cover the broth and keep warm over very low heat.
- In a medium-size saucepan over moderate heat, sautee the shallots for about 5 minutes; add the cremini mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, and cook until mushrooms are tender and most of the moisture has been released, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, shiitakes, herbs, spices and salt; sautee another 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 C of broth; stirring often, simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes.
- Continue to cook and stir, adding more broth by cupfuls, until the rice is tender and creamy and all the broth is absorbed. (If the rice is not tender yet but you are out of broth, keep adding water in the same manner as the broth until the rice is tender and creamy.).
- This should take about 30 minutes.
- Spoon onto plates and sprinkle some truffle oil over each serving if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.3, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 367.6, Carbohydrate 68.8, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 1.4, Protein 6.5
RISOTTO WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a simmer. While the stock is heating, drain the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve the oil. Chop the tomatoes coarsely and set them aside.
- In a large frying pan, warm 2 tablespoons of oil from the tomatoes, add onion and saute until translucent; about 6 minutes.
- Add rice to the frying pan and stir until white spots appear in the center of the grains; about 1 minute. Spoon a ladleful of vegetable stock into the frying pan and cook the mixture on low until all the stock is absorbed; about 2 minutes. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil from the tomatoes, chopped basil, and salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429 calories, Carbohydrate 66.1 g, Cholesterol 29.4 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 639.3 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO WITH MOZZARELLA
- In a large saucepan, bring stock to a simmer. While the stock is heating up, drain sun-dried tomatoes, reserving the oil. Coarsely chop tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm 2 tablespoons tomato oil, add onion and saute until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add rice to the pan and stir until white spots begin to appear in the center of the grains, about 1 minute. Spoon a ladle full of the vegetable stock into the pan and cook on low until all of the stock is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue adding stock one ladle full at a time until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Add cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of remaining tomato oil, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.2, Fat 5.6, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 17.6, Sodium 261.7, Carbohydrate 34.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.4, Protein 9.3
SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO
- In a small saucepan simmer the tomatoes in the water for 1 minute, drain them, reserving the liquid, and chop them. In a saucepan combine the reserved cooking liquid and the broth, bring the liquid to a simmer, and keep it at a bare simmer. In a large saucepan cook the onion and the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until they are softened, add the rice, stirring until each grain is coated with oil, and stir in the tomatoes. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering liquid and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the liquid, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each portion be absorbed before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still al dente. (The rice should take about 17 minutes to become al dente.) Stir in the Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the risotto with the parsley.
More about "mushroom and sun dried tomato risotto recipes"
SUN-DRIED TOMATO, MUSHROOM AND BACON RISOTTO - GLUTEN-FREE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO | METRO
5/5 (4)Total Time 40 minsServings 6
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO | OLDWAYS
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE | MY TASTY CURRY
Cuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Main CourseTotal Time 30 mins
- In a thick pan, heat the butter and add chopped onion. Saute the onion in the butter for about 3 minutes, till they are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and 3/4th of sun dried tomatoes and saute about 3 more minutes. Add the rice (don't wash them before) and stir everything until rice is well coated and translucent (about 5 minutes).
- If you are not using wine, then skip the step 3 and stir in 1 cup of hot stock and simmer the rice on slow heat.
MUSHROOM AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO WITH SALMON | EMI COOKS
Reviews 2Category DinnerCuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Heat a large (wide), deep pan over medium-high heat and add pancetta. Cook pancetta until golden brown and crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pancetta from the pan and place in a bowl for later use.
- In the same pan, add shallots and garlic. Sauté until soften and a golden colours starts to develop, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add mushrooms to the pan and sauté for another 10 minutes until the mushrooms have softened. If needed, add a pat of butter to the pan. Remove the shallots, garlic, and mushrooms from the pan and place in a bowl for later use.
- Add rice to the pan and stir to coat with the remaining oil. Toast the rice for about 2 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and wine to the pan, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Let the wine reduce by half, about 3 minutes.
SUNDRIED TOMATO RISOTTO - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
5/5 (2)Category Main Dish, Side DishServings 10Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
ARTICHOKE AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO - CILANTRO AND ...
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 22 mins
- In a large pot combine the vegetable stock and wine. Place the pot to warm over medium low heat while you prepare the next ingredients.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the onions until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic is aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes until the rice begins to turn slightly brown and crackle.
- Add a ladle of the liquid mixture to the rice and stir continuously until all the liquid is absorbed. If you are using dried herbs, you can add them now along with the salt and pepper to taste. Add a second ladle of liquid and stir continuously until absorbed. Continue in this way until you have used all the liquid.
- Just before it’s ready, add the artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. The risotto is ready when the rice is tender and slightly firm on the inside in a creamy sauce. If using fresh herbs, stir them through now.
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND MUSHROOM PASTA IN A GARLIC AND BASIL ...
4.9/5 (67)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 545 per serving
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add sliced mushrooms and garlic - and cook the vegetables for about 3 minutes. Add diced sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat.
- Dissolve 2 cubes of chicken bouillon in 2 cups of boiling water. Carefully add the broth to the skillet - continue to cook the vegetables in a chicken broth on medium heat until the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes absorb some of the broth and the broth reduces somewhat. Add half and half, heavy cream and bring to boil just for a short moment. Add Parmesan cheese and cook the sauce, stirring, for a couple of minutes, on low-medium heat until the cheese melts. Add the basil.
- If your sauce is too thick at this point - add another 1/2 cup half and half. If your sauce looks thin to you - do not continue simmering the sauce to thicken it as you will be adding pasta shortly (in the next step) - and pasta will absorb some of the sauce liquid. Even if the sauce looks thin now, it will not be so thin once you add pasta.
- Cook fettuccine al dente according to the package instruction. Drain and rinse in cold water (this will stop the cooking). Add the fettuccine into the sauce and continue cooking the sauce with the pasta in it, on medium heat, for a couple of minutes (or more - to achieve the desired thickness) stirring constantly to coat well.
MUSHROOM AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO - 9KITCHEN
Cuisine ItalianCategory DinnerServings 4Total Time 1 hr
OYSTER MUSHROOM AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT ...
Servings 4Calories 491 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
MUSHROOM AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Cuisine European, ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 6Calories 536 per serving
VEGAN RISOTTO WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE
4.5/5 (34)Total Time 40 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, Side DishCalories 215 per serving
CHICKEN, MUSHROOM & SUNDRIED TOMATO RISOTTO BY ELLAGEE. A ...
4.7/5 (6)Category Pasta & Rice DishesServings 6Total Time 40 mins
ASDA SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPES
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO | BELLA SUN LUCI
MUSHROOM AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO | RECIPE | TOMATO ...
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO | BELLA SUN LUCI
SUN DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO RECIPES
MUSHROOM AND SUN DRIED TOMATO RISOTTO- TFRECIPES
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
TOMATO MUSHROOM SUN DRIED RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #rice #vegetables #easy #dinner-party #vegan #vegetarian #winter #dietary #one-dish-meal #seasonal #comfort-food #mushrooms #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is risotto with sun dried tomatoes?(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Risotto with sun-dried tomatoes is a decadent, delicious vegetarian and vegan main dish. Flavored with fresh basil, garlic, and parsley, this Italian-inspired risotto recipe makes a colorful rice entrée.
How much olive oil is in mushroom risotto?Our lighter recipe uses just two teaspoons of olive oil alongside herbs, wine, mushrooms, and chicken broth to provide this risotto with plenty of flavor and character. Ideal for a weeknight, and the perfect light main or side dish, this mushroom risotto is a great low-cal comfort-food meal.
How do you rehydrate mushrooms for risotto?Pour the top 2/3 of the mushroom water into another container and reserve for use while making the risotto. Discard the bottom third. It contains a lot of sand and dirt from the mushrooms. Puree the rehydrated mushrooms with a little of the reserved mushroom water to make a smooth mushroom paste.
How do you cook rice with mushrooms and wine?Cook the rice for 2 to 3 minutes to toast, stirring frequently. Add wine to cover the surface of the rice and stir frequently until it has completely absorbed. Add the reserved mushroom water and then add chicken stock until the liquid has covered the surface of the rice.