MUSHROOM MASALA | MUSHROOM CURRY
- Rinse or wipe dry the mushrooms. Slice off a part of the base stalk. Then slice or chop them. Set aside.
- In a grinder or blender, take the chopped onions, ginger and garlic. Grind to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Remove this paste with a spoon or spatula in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same jar, add the chopped tomatoes and make a smooth puree. No need to blanch tomatoes before pureeing. Set the tomato puree aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk curd (yogurt) until smooth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the following whole spices - cumin seeds, tejpatta, cinnamon, black cardamom, green cardamoms, cloves and a single strand of mace.
- Fry the spices for a few seconds until they become aromatic and splutter.
- Lower the heat and add the ground onion-ginger-garlic paste.
- Mix the paste with the oil. If the paste splutters then cover the pan with a lid allowing for some space for the steam to pass.
- On a low to medium heat stirring often continue to sauté until the onion paste starts thickening.
- Stir and sauté until the paste becomes golden. This sautéing of onion paste takes some time. So to quicken the process add a pinch of salt.
- Now add the tomato puree. Stir. Then add the spice powders - turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Mix well and sauté until you see oil releasing from the sides of the masala.
- Add the sliced or chopped white button mushrooms.
- Add the beaten curd (yogurt). As soon as you add yogurt, mix thoroughly and quickly.
- Simmer on a low to medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add water.
- Season with salt. Mix very well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. On a low to medium heat simmer the mushroom masala for 18 to 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Lastly add dried fenugreek leaves (crushed), garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Mix again. At this step you can add 1 to 2 tablespoons of heavy cream for a rich tasting curry.
- Serve mushroom masala hot or warm.
- Use the sauté function of your IP at normal mode. Add the oil in the steel insert and let it get hot.
- Add the whole spices and let them splutter.Add onion paste and sauté stirring non-stop until the onion paste turns golden.
- Add the tomato puree, ground spices and combine well. Sauté until the masala paste becomes glossy, thickens and you see oil releasing from the sides.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Press the cancel button.
- Add the curd (yogurt). Mix thoroughly and quickly.
- Add ⅓ cup water and salt. Mix and deglaze.
- Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Then do a quick pressure release after 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix and serve hot.
- While serving you can garnish mushroom curry with some coriander leaves.
- Serve Mushroom masala with steamed rice, jeera rice or pulao. This mushroom curry also goes very well as a side gravy dish with biryani. You can also have mushroom masala with roti, paratha, naan, bread or dinner rolls.
- The leftovers can be refrigerated for 1 to 2 days. Warm the mushroom masala gravy in a pan before serving. If the gravy has thickened too much, then add a few tablespoons of water to thin the consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 417 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Soak cashews in ½ cup warm water for 10 minutes and set aside. Drain all the water and blend the cashews with ¼ cup of water to make smooth paste and reserve.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and heat add ghee. Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes with a glass lid on, stirring a few times. Add ginger and garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala salt, and mushrooms. Mix well, deglazing the pot to remove any browning on the bottom of the pot. Close the Instant Pot, and pressure cook(Hi) for 4 minutes followed by Quick Release.
- Stir in dried fenugreek leaves, cashew paste, and chopped cilantro. Mix well and serve with Basmati Rice and parathas. For a low-carb meal, serve mushroom masala over cauliflower rice. Add a side of cucumber salad for a delicious meal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 19 mg, Sodium 587 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MUSHROOM MASALA CURRY | MUSHROOM GRAVY
This mushroom masala curry is simply the best because it's delicious, rich, hearty and flavorful. It's a perfect recipe for a simple dinner. Serve this mushroom gravy over rice or with any Indian flatbreads, sure it will be loved by everyone.
Provided by Swasthi
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil and add cubed onions. Boil them until transparent for about 4 mins. Drain them and cool down.
- Add onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and 12 cashews to a blender jar.
- Make a fine paste and set aside. Ensure the paste is smooth and not coarse.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. optional - When the oil becomes hot, add bay leaf, cardamoms & cinnamon.
- Pour the onion tomato puree and cook covered until the mixture thickens. Keep stirring often while frying.
- Then add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Saute on a low heat until the mixture turns fragrant and leaves the sides of the pan.
- While the mixture cooks, rinse and slice the mushrooms.
- When the onion tomato masala becomes aromatic. add sliced mushrooms and salt.
- Saute for 2 to 3 mins until the flavor of mushrooms come out.
- Next pour ½ to ¾ cup water or as needed to make a thick gravy.
- Cook until the mushrooms turn tender and not soggy. If the gravy is too thick add little hot water.
- Sprinkle kasuri methi. Cover and Turn off the stove. You can also add few tbsps of cream and coriander leaves.
- Mix and serve mushroom masala hot with basmati rice or roti.
- Bring 2 cups water to a rolling boil and add diced onions. Boil them for 4 to 5 mins so the raw bitter taste goes away from the onions. Drain them.
- Add them to a grinder/ blender along with tomatoes, cashews, ginger and garlic. Grind them to a very smooth puree,
- Press saute button on your Instant pot and pour 2 tablespoons oil.
- Pour the onion tomato puree and saute until thick. Keep stirring in between. Meanwhile slice the mushrooms.
- When the mixture turns thick, add all the spice powders - red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder & salt.
- Soon the mixture becomes thick and aromatic. Press cancel.
- Pour 1 cup water and deglaze the pot well by scrubbing the bottom with the spatula.
- Add mushrooms and stir. Secure the Instant pot with the lid and position the steam release valve to sealing.
- Press pressure cook button with the timer set to 3 mins.
- Once the Instant pot is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 mins. Then release the rest manually.
- Add kasuri methi and mix well. Taste test and add more salt if needed. If want you can also add some cream. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Sodium 68 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
VEGAN MUSHROOM MASALA
Mushroom masala is a classic Indian dish that is flavorful, warming, and simple to make. It is also known as "mushroom masala curry" or "mushroom curry". This recipe yields a curry that is pretty delicious over a bed of rice, accompanied by chapati, or even by itself. This is a purely vegetarian meal that is also vegan-friendly.
Provided by Jerry Trevino
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cinnamon, cumin seeds, green cardamom, cloves, star anise, and bay leaf. Stir to allow oil to absorb flavors and aroma, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in onion and saute until it becomes slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Stir in ginger-garlic paste until smell diminishes, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and stir for 3 to 4 minutes. Add coriander powder, turmeric, and chili powder. Allow sauce to reduce, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt. Add mushrooms and stir until coated with sauce.
- Pour in water and allow mushrooms to cook in sauce until slightly soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cashew powder and garam masala and let cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Break kasoori methi into fine pieces and stir into meal; remove from heat, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.8 calories, Carbohydrate 9.2 g, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 182.4 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: mushroom, vegetable oil, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cumin seed, white onion, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, green chillis, curry leaf, tomato, water, salt, coriander leaf
Provided by Anandaraj Selvaraj
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon stick, cardamom, and cumin seeds. Let roast and, after a few seconds, add finely chopped onions and salt and saute until golden.
- Once the onions are golden and tender, add the masalas (spices) as follows: ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, green chilies, and curry leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients well and then add chopped tomato, and a little bit of water (¼ cup) and cook until everything turns soft (5-6 minutes). You can also add ¼ cup (65 G) tomato paste in place of the 1 tomato to get a very smooth gravy.
- Once the oil starts to separate, add the cleaned and sliced mushrooms and mix them well with the masala mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Then, add ¼ cup (or slightly more) required water and cook until the mushrooms are fully done. You should have a gravy-esque consistency: something that can be mixed with rice or accompanied by naan or roti or an equivalent flatbread.
- Finally, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat. If desired, add 1 tsp of ghee on the top to enhance the flavor.
- Serve with rice or naan. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159 calories, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 6 grams
A decadent and complex mushroom masala. Serve with rice or roti or in a bao with something crunchy for texture and something pickled as contrast.
Provided by Plant to Table
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Blend tomato, onion, garlic, ginger, and cashews in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, and bay leaf; cook until oil is infused, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and discard cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaf. Add tomato mixture (masala) and cook down, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in garam masala, paprika, and salt.
- Mix in mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes; if mixture gets too thick, add water. Add coconut milk and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13.1 g, Fat 26.8 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 364.1 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
More about "mushroom masala recipes"
MATAR MUSHROOM RECIPE | MUTTER MUSHROOM
KADAI MUSHROOM RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
CHETTINAD MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE - KANNAMMA COOKS
MUSHROOM MASALA - INDIAN RECIPE UNDER 20 MINS
MUSHROOM MASALA - VEENA AZMANOV
EASY MUSHROOM MASALA मशरुम मसाला RECIPE
EASY MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE IN 30 MINUTES OR LES
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE, HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM …
MUSHROOM MASALA - RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
MUSHROOM CURRY RECIPE | MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE
MUSHROOM MASALA TOAST RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE - MUSHROOM CURRY RECIPE
MUSHROOM MASALA - A DELICIOUS CREAMY VEGETARIAN INDIAN CURRY
MUSHROOM MASALA - AUSTRALIAN MUSHROOM GROWERS
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE | ABIDA BALOCH | MASALA TV
25 OF THE MOST AMAZING MUSHROOMS MASALA RECIPES
CREAMY MUSHROOM MARSALA SAUCE - VIKALINKA
MUSHROOM TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM TIKKA …
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE - RECIPES DELITE
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE • SIMPLE SUMPTUOUS COOKING
MUSHROOM MARSALA 20-MINUTE RECIPE - URBAN BLISS LIFE
MUSHROOM MASALA WITH MATAR - RESTAURANT STYLE - MY FOOD STORY
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE ( STEP BY STEP WITH VIDEO) - PALATE'S DESIRE
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE RESTAURANT STYLE …
MUSHROOM BUTTER MASALA - COOK WITH KUSHI
MUSHROOM MASALA GRAVY | MUSHROOM RECIPES - JEYASHRI'S KITCHEN
MATAR MUSHROOM MASALA (VEGAN+GLUTEN-FREE) - COOKING CARNIVAL
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE (INSTANT POT AND STOVETOP)
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE | MUSHROOM CURRY - SANGSKITCHEN
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE WITH VIDEO - PAVANIS KITCHEN
SPICY MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO) - WHISKAFFAIR
MUSHROOM MASALA – INDIAN RECIPE UNDERNEATH 20 MINUTES
AUTHENTIC MUSHROOM MASALA CURRY RECIPE - COOKING THE GLOBE
MUSHROOM TIKKA MASALA RECIPE
RESTAURANT STYLE MUSHROOM MASALA - COOKING FROM HEART
MUSHROOM MATAR MASALA - VEGAN RICHA
MUSHROOM MASALA RECIPE - SPICY INDIAN KITCHEN
INSTANT POT MUSHROOM MASALA - 20 MINUTE - VEGAN RICHA
RESTAURANT STYLE MUSHROOM BUTTER MASALA - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
RESTAURANT STYLE MUSHROOM MASALA/EASY AND QUICK MUSHROOM …
MUSHROOM MASALA (INSTANT POT & STOVETOP VERSIONS) - COOKILICIOUS
#curries #weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #side-dishes #vegetables #indian #easy #dinner-party #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #mushrooms #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love