- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a casserole, place 1 layer of mushrooms and leeks. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley. Cover with 2 ounces of butter and cream. Repeat process three more times and cover with bread crumbs. Bake until mushrooms are tender and crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes
MICHAEL'S BEST BUTTON MUSHROOMS
I saw this on Foodtv yesterday and I can't wait to try it. Mushrooms are glazed with a garlic white wine lemon sauce with a little thyme added. Small white button mushrooms were used and left whole for a beautiful presentation. Great for a dinner party. Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello.
Provided by Marie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat and add the mushrooms.
- Do not move the mushrooms until they have carmelized on the bottom.
- When bottoms are carmelized, toss them and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add butter; cook and toss for 5 minutes until browned.
- Season with salt and add the garlic.
- Saute another 2 minutes and add the thyme and lemon juice.
- Cook to evaporate the liquid.
- Add wine and reduce until mushrooms are glazed with the sauce.
- Toss in parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323, Fat 29.5, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 22.9, Sodium 72.7, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 3.3, Protein 5.6
Recipe comes from a restaurant in Houston, Texas called the Bull-n-Anchor, which closed many years ago. These are batter-fried mushrooms served with a tangy horseradish sauce.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- To make the batter, crack the egg in a bowl and whisk. Add milk and combine. Add salt, nutmeg, sugar, white pepper, and garlic powder and mix well. Add flour and blend well; then add baking powder and whip until smooth. Hold large fresh mushrooms by the stem. Dip cap into batter mixture. Place in a deep fryer at 325 degrees until golden brown. Serve hot.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the chili sauce, catsup, worchestershire sauce, horseradish, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add sour cream and blend completely. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.2, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 86, Sodium 3725.5, Carbohydrate 85, Fiber 7.2, Sugar 21.5, Protein 17.6
MICHAEL'S BEST BUTTON MUSHROOMS
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the mushrooms. Do not move the mushrooms until they have caramelized on the bottom. If you toss them too soon, they will release their liquid and begin to steam. When the bottoms are caramelized, toss them and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter. Cook and toss for 5 minutes, until beautifully browned.
- Season with salt and add the garlic. Saute another 2 minutes, and add the thyme, lemon juice, and white wine. Cook to evaporate the liquid.
- Toss in the parsley and serve immediately.
FRESH MUSHROOM SALAD
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the parsley, vinegar and mustard. Drizzle in the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Shave or slice the mushrooms thinly, then add to the vinaigrette. Toss to combine and allow to marinate for a few minutes before serving.
MARSALA AND MUSHROOM PASTA BAKE
- Set up your grill for indirect heat. If using a charcoal grill, build the coals on one side only. If using a gas grill, heat one side only.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on the direct heat side of the grill and cook the pasta 3 minutes less than the package directions. Place a large sauté pan over the direct heat side of the grill. Add the butter and once melted, add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook for 1 minute so the mushrooms soak up some of the butter. Then add the onions, garlic and thyme. Stir and cook until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour, coating all of the vegetables. Deglaze the pan with the marsala, smoothing out any lumps. Stir in the vegetable stock and milk. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta, parsley and mushroom marsala mixture to an extra-large mixing bowl. Mix to combine well, then transfer back to the sauté pan. Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Place the sauté pan on the indirect heat side of the grill, close the grill with the lid and bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown in some spots, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve!
SAUTEED MOREL MUSHROOMS
Rich, nutty, earthy, lightly browned mushrooms in a light layer of butter and herbs with just the slightest tinge of lemon. The lemon juice and zest cut the richness of the mushrooms and butter, and bring the flavors together for me. Serve on a steak, over pasta with a touch of added cream, on toasts with some goat cheese, as a side dish with a bit of shaved Parmesan cheese, over sauteed asparagus, or tossed with roasted potatoes and a handful of arugula.
Provided by Karen Rankin
Categories Mushroom Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Brush mushrooms clean. Trim ends and cut mushrooms in half lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir gently with a spatula to evenly coat mushrooms with the oil. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms begin to brown and soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and thyme, then turn heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, until shallots soften and just begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Add butter, parsley, and lemon juice; stir to melt butter and blend ingredients.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with lemon zest and additional black pepper if desired. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.7 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 25.1 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 484.3 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
More about "mushrooms michael recipes"
44 MUSHROOM RECIPES TO PUT ON REPEAT | FOOD & WINE
MUSHROOM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
26 BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPES - MUSHROOMS CANADA
5:2 DIET LUNCH AND DINNER RECIPES FROM DR MICHAEL MOSLEY
CHICKEN FETTUCCINE MICHAEL PIETRO’S COPYCAT - ZONA …
POTATO MUSHROOM APPETIZER BY CHEF MICHAEL BONACINI
STEAKHOUSE MUSHROOM STEW - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
OUR 10 BEST MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MICHAEL'S BEST BUTTON MUSHROOMS : RECIPES - COOKING …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side-DishServings 4Total Time 40 mins
MICHAEL'S BEST BUTTON MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MANY MUSHROOM SOUP WITH ONION, CARROTS, POTATOES, AND THYME …
10 ROASTED MUSHROOM RECIPES TO MAKE IN YOUR OVEN | ALLRECIPES
8 MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES - FROM MICHIGAN TO THE TABLE
MICHAEL'S BEST BUTTON MUSHROOMS | RECIPE | STUFFED MUSHROOMS, …
RECIPE - MICHAEL SYMON - MUSHROOM BOLOGNESE
MUSHROOMS RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
17 BEST MOREL MUSHROOM RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
THE MUSHROOM COOKBOOK BY MICHAEL HYAMS & LIZ O’KEEFE
10 HEARTY MUSHROOM DINNERS TO MAKE THIS WEEK | ALLRECIPES
MUSHROOM BARLEY RISOTTO - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
MOREL MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - WEST COAST WILD FOODS
MUSHROOMS MICHAEL - MASTERCOOK
MUSHROOMS — THE BEST KETO RECIPES - CHEF MICHAEL
BEST MICHAEL BONACINI'S MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE RECIPES
PAN-FRIED WILD MUSHROOMS WITH SHALLOTS AND PARLSEY, SERVED WITH …
MUSHROOM CASSEROLE : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | MICHAEL …
MICHAELS BUTTON MUSHROOMS RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STEW - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
MANY MUSHROOM SOUP (ZUPPA DI FUNGHI) - GUSTO TV
MUSHROOMS MICHAEL - LUNCH RECIPES
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PIZZA RECIPE BY MICHAEL MOSLEY - DOSE
MICHAEL'S BEST BUTTON MUSHROOMS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES ...
MOREL MUSHROOMS | MICHAEL'S PLACE | FOOD NETWORK
THE CHEW: QUICK MUSHROOM "BOLOGNESE" RECIPE - FOODUS
MUSHROOM BEEF STEW - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #healthy #appetizers #easy #dietary #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love