APPLE CRISP WITH OATS
Making scratch-made apple crisp is easier than you think with this easy recipe. Chunks of apple get tossed with cinnamon, sugar and a little flour to help create the right texture, then topped with a simple streusel mixture. Simply bake until golden on top and bubbly inside. It's a perfect recipe for new and experienced bakers alike, and a delicious way to celebrate fall.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup flour, the oats, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until blended. Cut in cold butter, using fork or pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly. (Do not overmix.) Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix Filling ingredients until well coated. Spread evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle streusel over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and juices are bubbling along edges.
- Cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
SHEILA'S BEST APPLE CRISP (NO OATS)
This is the apple crisp from my childhood (there is no oatmeal in the topping). If I could only pick one dessert to make the rest of my life, this would probably be it. Mom always made this in her beautiful copper au gratin pan. I bought the same pan when I got married, just so I could make this dessert. Originally from the 1966 version of the "Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery", Mom adapted it slightly over the years (with a little help from Cooks Illustrated I think). Cutting the apples into "cubes" (instead of slices) helps the apples keep the apples firm throughout. I have made this with pecans or walnuts. I have also made it without nuts. I like it best with pecans, but all versions are yummy!! I love it warm or cold. You can serve it with ice cream, but I usually only do that for dinner parties.
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Yield 1 crisp, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut cold butter into small cubes. Place in freezer to chill further.
- PREPARE APPLES.
- Peel apples.
- Cut an apple into quarters. Cut out core. Cut each apple slice one more time so that there are 8 slices.
- Cube the apple by cutting each slice the "short" way 2 or 3 times. Apple chunks should be no smaller than 1 inch (or they will get too mushy when cooking).
- Cube the remaining apples.
- Put apples into an 8 1/2 x 12 inch au gratin casserole dish, or an equivalent baking dish (it's pretty forgiving).
- Pour water over apples.
- PREPARE TOPPING:.
- In the food processor put the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and flour. Pulse until combined.
- Remove butter from freezer and put into food processor.
- Pulse to blend. Topping should be smaller than peas but not as fine as cornmeal.
- Add 3/4 cups chopped pecans pulse too mix.
- Sprinkle topping over apples evenly.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 more minutes.
- Cool before serving.
OLD-TIME APPLE CRISP
Now young adults, our children say this dessert is "awesome" with ice cream. Everyone who takes a bite nods in agreement! Nostalgic, comforting, luscious, call it what you will, this is one of those simple, old-time treats that never goes out of style.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. , Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
APPLE CRISP WITH OAT TOPPING
This is the best dessert for the early fall when the sweet and firm apples are just in season. Use the best quality cinnamon you can get and get it from a spice merchant or even a store where you can get it bulk; it does make a difference. Within ten minutes of going in the oven the scent will fill the house and neighbors you loaned things to years ago will return them just to invite themselves in and wonder aloud if there is any left (Note: there isn't). Optional accompaniments would be caramel sauce, ice cream, and whipped cream.
Provided by realnakedchef
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.
NO-OAT APPLE CRISP
- Mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and egg. The mixture will look like cornmeal.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Mix together with 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon. Place apples in a greased 8 inch square pan. Spread flour mixture over the apples. Mix together 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar; sprinkle over the top of the crisp. Drizzle with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for one hour. Serve warm.
More about "old fashioned apple crisp without oats recipes"
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
2020-09-02 · Apple Crisp Recipe. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish with butter. Spread the apples across the greased baking pan. Combine the butter with brown sugar, oats…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish with butter, 8, 9, or 10 inch pans will all work great. Place the sliced apples in the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss with your hands.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt for the topping in a medium-size bowl. Add the softened butter and blend with a fork, spoon, or your fingers until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples and bake for 30-32 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
EASY APPLE CRISP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
STEP 1. Heat oven to 375°F. STEP 2. Place apples into ungreased 8-inch square baking dish. Tip: Slicing Apples. STEP 3. Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon in …
- Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon in bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples. Bake 25-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
APPLE CRISP WITHOUT OATS - BROWN SUGAR STREUSEL TOPPING
2021-07-28 · Peel apples and then chop into 1/2-inch pieces right into the buttered dish. Step 3. Add the lemon juice to the apples and gently toss to coat the apples. Step 4. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, and cornstarch and gently mix until distributed throughout the apples.
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a medium-sized shallow casserole dish. Mine is a little smaller than a 9x13 dish.
- Peel apples and then chop into 1/2-inch pieces right into the buttered dish. Add the lemon juice to the apples and gently toss to coat the apples. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, and cornstarch and gently mix until distributed throughout the apples.
- Stir together the flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, a little freshly grated nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Mix well. Add the butter and use your hands to mix until a pebbly, crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle about a third of the topping over the apples and move the apples around a bit so some of the topping is mixed in with the apples. Sprinkle remaining topping over the apples.
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
2010-01-07 · Well, this recipe sums up old fashioned apple crisp beautifully! The topping is crispy, buttery, sweet and the apples….the apples yall….are simply …
EASY APPLE CRUMBLE WITHOUT OATS | ADVENTURES OF MEL
2020-08-31 · This apple crisp recipe without oats is so easy to make; it involves just a few steps… Core, peel, and slice the washed apples, and add them to a greased 9×13 casserole dish. In a large …
- Using a pastry blender, mix the dry ingredients with the unbeaten eggs and melted butter, forming a kind of crumble topping.
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE | A MIND "FULL" MOM
2019-09-03 · Apples--The best apples for apple crisp are Granny Smith, McInstosh, or Gala apples, you can even use a variety of apples.You can choose to peel or not peel the apples. Oats--Use either old fashioned rolled oats or quick cooking oats for this apple crisp.Do NOT steel cut oats! Flour--All-purpose, whole wheat, white wheat all work for this recipe…
- Blend oats, sugar, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour with hands until mixture is crumbly. Spread over apples.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered and then uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
EASY APPLE CRISP RECIPE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
2020-10-02 · This Easy Apple Crisp Recipe, is an old fashioned recipe, made just the way my Mom made it! And yes without oats. Tender brown sugar and cinnamon apples baked in a tasty crispy topping. …
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the softened butter and combine to form large crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the apples as you slice them and drizzle a little of the lemon juice on them, mix to combine as you slice, (this keeps them from turning brown). Then add the cinnamon, brown sugar and corn starch if using, and gently combine well.
GRANDMA'S EASY APPLE CRISP RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
2019-05-06 · Grandma's Easy Apple Crisp recipe is a traditional, old fashioned apple crisp without oats. The melt-in-your-mouth topping screams cinnamon and butter and will have your family begging for …
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
2021-08-31 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C). Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together. Sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all. Combine the oats…
- Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together. Sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Spread evenly over the apple mixture.
EASY OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP | THE BEST APPLE CRISP RECIPE
2019-09-23 · This Easy Old Fashioned Apple Crisp recipe is a no fail dessert just like grandma used to make! Sweet cinnamon apples are topped with a crunchy, buttery oat crumble topping, then baked to perfection! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate bite of apple crisp goodness. Looking for more apple dessert ideas? Try my Classic Apple Pie recipe, or this easy Skillet Apple Pie! Easy Apple ...
- Combine the apples, orange zest, orange juice, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir to coat evenly. Set aside while you prepare your topping.
- For the crisp topping, place butter, flour, brown sugar, oats, and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or your hands combine all the ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
APPLE CRISP WITHOUT OATS (STREUSEL TOPPING!) | EASY SIDE ...
2021-05-04 · The amazing apple mixture with cinnamon sugar is a really easy apple crisp recipe without oats taking away the true apple taste. And while I cannot claim that the intense amount of sugar in this recipe defines it as one of the most healthy recipes, …
See details »
OLD FASHIONED EASY APPLE CRISP | LIFE, LOVE AND SUGAR
2019-09-04 · Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Add all of the ingredients for the topping, except for the butter, to a medium sized bowl and stir to combine. 3. Add the cold butter and use a pastry cutter or …
- 2. Add all of the ingredients for the topping, except for the butter, to a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- 3. Add the cold butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly and comes together. Set aside.
- 4. Combine all the ingredients for the apples and stir together so that the apples are well coated, then pour the mixture into an 8 or 9 inch square dish. 5. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples.
OLD FASHIONED EASY APPLE CRISP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
2017-10-29 · This easy apple crisp is made the old fashioned way like Grandma used to make, and is perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce! A true classic Fall dessert, this easy apple crisp recipe is reminiscent of generations past. Pop this apple crisp …
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 8x8 baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients (brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter). Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the oat mixture, using a slight downward twisting motion, until mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs. Alternatively, you can use two forks or even your hands to cut butter into the mixture.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
APPLE CRISP WITHOUT OATS (EASY RECIPE!) | FORK IN THE KITCHEN
2018-10-02 · This homemade apple crisp made without oats is a timeless old fashioned recipe. It will warm your soul with juicy, tender cinnamon sugar apples, and a crisp, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth no …
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a large casserole dish or 9x9 baking dish*. Add sliced apples and mix well to coat apple slices completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl with a pie blender or two forks, combine flour, sugar, salt, and butter cubes until well combined and small crumbles form. Lightly pat topping over apples in baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until bubbling and topping is golden brown. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream.
INA GARTEN APPLE CRISP | SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
2021-01-05 · The addition of orange and lemon zest also gives this old fashioned apple crisp a bright and vibrant flavor. It’s unlike any we’ve tried before, and we found it to be a lovely change! It’s easy to make ahead of time: Ina Garten Apple Crisp is a perfect make ahead dessert and brunch recipe …
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 14 x 2-inch oval baking dish or a 9 x 13-inch cake pan. Peel 5 lbs. McIntosh or Macoun apples. Cut the apples into wedges or large chunks and place into a large bowl.
- Dice 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) of cold butter and add to a mixing bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 packed cup light brown sugar, 1 cup oats, and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt to the bowl.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour. The top should get golden brown and the apples bubbly. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP | COZY COUNTRY LIVING
2013-09-10 · Place the apple mixture in a 8x8 baking dish. Using a pasty blender or your Kitchen Aid Mixer with the paddle attachment,mix and combine the 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup old fashioned oats, cold butter, salt and 1/4 cup of brown sugar until it resembles course meal, or pea sized crumbles. Evenly spread the crumble mixture on top of the apples.
DIABETIC-FRIENDLY DESSERT: A DELICIOUS APPLE CRISP ...
2020-07-09 · Apple Crisp Recipe Perfect for Diabetics. Ingredients: 1/4 cup packed brown sugar. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour. ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats. 2 tablespoons softened margarine. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. 5 cups of red apples, peeled and sliced. Directions:
See details »
CROCK POT APPLE CRISP WITH GOLDEN TOPPING – WELLPLATED.COM
2021-09-10 · Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are the warm, cozy spices this apple crisp needs to truly shine. Oats. Oats are what make a crisp a crisp, not a crumble or a cobbler. They also give this recipe a certain homeyness and are key to the topping’s crispy texture. Flour. To create big, yummy clumps of topping (YES, you want this), this slow cooker ...
See details »
MAPLE WALNUT APPLE CRISP - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
Preheat Oven to Bake 375 degrees F (190.6 C). Peel, core, and chop the apples (6 cups) and toss them into a large mixing bowl. Add ground cinnamon and maple syrup, and toss until the apple pieces are well coated with the maple syrup and cinnamon. Transfer to an 8 X 8 baking pan, or 1 + 1/2 -quart casserole dish. Using the same mixing bowl.
See details »
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - NO FAIL RECIPES
Directions. Preheat over to 350°F. Butter 9×13” baking dish. Peel core, and cut apples into wedges. Combine apples with zests, juices, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into baking dish. For topping, combine flour, sugars, oatmeal, salt and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low speed with paddle attachment until mixture is ...
See details »
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP WITHOUT OATS- TFRECIPES
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. , Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
See details »
10 BEST APPLE CRISP TOPPING WITHOUT OATMEAL RECIPES | YUMMLY
Apple Crisp Topping without Oatmeal Recipes 79,427 Recipes. Last updated Sep 03, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 79,427 suggested recipes . French Toast Bagels with Apple Crisp Topping | BYOB Bagels Rachael Ray Show. packed brown sugar, old fashioned oats, nonstick cooking spray and 10 more. Apple Crisp Topping Food.com. butter, sugar, flour. Raw Apple …
See details »
HEALTHIER APPLE CRISP – FOODPALS.COM
2021-09-09 · This healthy apple crisp is gluten-free and dairy-free, and it’s sweetened with maple syrup only. This wholesome dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth without the sugar crash! OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE (makes 6 servings) Ingredients: Apple filling: 6 cups apple slices (700g) 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce […]
See details »
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP | REDHEAD RANTING
It doesn’t matter what kind of apples you use to make Old Fashioned Apple Crisp, with all the sugar, cinnamon and topping it will be amazing with any variety. Print Recipe. Old Fashioned Apple Crisp. Course: Dessert: Cuisine: Desserts: Keyword: Dessert: Prep Time: 5-15 Minutes: Cook Time: 30 Minutes: Servings: Servings. Ingredients. 8 Apples, sliced or cubed; 1/2 cup brown sugar; 1/2 cup old ...
See details »