LADOKOULOURA: GREEK STYLE OLIVE OIL COOKIES
Provided by Dimitra Khan
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 180 degrees Celsius.
- Zest the oranges before juicing them.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and orange zest in a large bowl and whisk all the ingredients together.
- In another bowl, combine the olive oil, orange juice, water, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla extract. Whisk well to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time whisking to combine.
- When the mixture becomes to thick to whisk, mix the rest of the flour in with your hands.
- Add the sesame seeds and mix until combined.
- At this point the dough will seem wet and sticky.
- Set it aside for 5 minutes and it will come together and become a very pliable cookie dough.
- Cut the dough into walnut sized balls. This recipe makes about 45.
- Roll the balls into logs and place onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave some room in between each cookie for rising. They will also spread slightly while baking.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies become slightly browned around the edges.
- It is a good idea to also rotate the trays halfway through baking. Switch the bottom tray to the upper rack and the top tray on the bottom. This will ensure even baking.
- Cool the cookies on cooling racks.
- Serve and enjoy!
GREEK OLIVE OIL COOKIES
These Greek Olive Oil Cookies are so crunchy, lightly sweet and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. With a slight hint of spice and orange they are such a lovely, simple cookie. | Vegan |
Provided by Caroline
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine the olive oil and sugar and orange zest. Beat just under high speed for about five minutes to begin emulsifying. Add the orange juice and continue beating for another two minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together to flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture to the olive oil mixture a half cup at a time, adding as the flour mixes in, but try not to over-mix. I turn the mixer off while adding each half cup and run it just until the flour combines.
- When the dough has formed, scoop by slightly heaping tablespoon size and form a ball. Dip the top of the ball into a bowl of sesame seeds, then placing it on a cookie sheet, press down a bit to flatten, this will press the seeds into the cookie as well. Space the cookies about two inches apart, although they really won't spread at all.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cookies begin to look golden and are crunchy the whole way through. They'll crisp up more as they cool. Cool on a baking rack.
LEMON THYME OLIVE OIL COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking soda, pepper, and thyme into a bowl and whisk together to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, milk, lemon juice, and zest. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until you form a nice smooth dough.
- Roll heaping teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls. Place them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies about 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
OLIVE OIL COOKIES
One of my favorite combinations is honey, olive oil and sea salt. It works great in cookies as well as savory things. Add to that notes of lemon and rosemary and you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind treat. -Bryan Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in the egg, then honey and lemon extract. Combine the flours, rosemary, lemon peel, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture; mix just until combined., Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with remaining sea salt. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 303mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
GREEK OLIVE OIL COOKIES
If you are looking for a classic Greek biscuit, then look no further than these Greek olive oil cookies or koulourakia ladiou. Cookies with olive oil are a little different from the usual chocolate or ginger but trust me, they will become your new favourite!
Provided by Eli K. Giannopoulos
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To prepare these olive oil cookies add in a large bowl the orange juice and baking soda. Whisk lightly using a fork until the baking soda dissolves and starts foaming.
- In the same bowl add all the liquid ingredients (olive oil, vanilla extract and cognac, if using) and the sugar and beat with a hand whisk until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- In another bowl add the dry ingredients: flour, salt, orange zest, ground cinnamon and clove. Mix with a spoon to combine.
- Add all the dry ingredients in the bowl with the liquid ingredients. Mix lightly with a spoon until all the ingredients incorporate. At the end use your hands to knead the dough softly until the flour is incorporated. Do not knead the dough too much because the oil will start to separate.
- Preheat the oven at 170-180C fan (350F).
- Divide the dough in 28-30 equal balls, approx. 30-35g / 1oz each.
- Shape the cookies into braids or circles.
- Dredge the olive oil cookies in sesame seeds until covered on all sides.
- Place the cookies on 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake each tray for approx. 20-25 minutes until nicely coloured and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely. Enjoy!
EVOO SUGAR COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together eggs, olive oil, and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and pale gold in color. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Shape dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Use a teaspoon to drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space in between as cookies will spread. Refrigerate leftover dough to bake in batches.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just golden around the edges, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 10.3 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 35.7 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
CHOCOLATE-OLIVE OIL CRISPS
In these chocolate cookies, olive oil stands in for butter which results in a crisp texture and more intense cocoa flavor. A touch of honey in the dough lends a deeper sweetness than sugar alone. Delightfully snackable on their own, these crisps also work well alongside a bowl of fruity sorbet.
Provided by Lauryn Tyrell
Yield Makes about 54 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, granulated sugar, egg, honey, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll level teaspoons of dough into balls and coat in sanding sugar. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment, spaced about 2 inches apart. Refrigerate until firm, 15 minutes.
- Bake, rotating sheets once, until cookies are flattened and set around edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
More about "olive oil cookies recipes"
OLIVE OIL COOKIES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
3/5 (2)Category Dessert, Cookies, DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
OLIVE OIL COOKIES WITH WITH LEMON GLAZE | SARAH KIEFFER
OLIVE OIL LEMON COOKIES WITH HERB- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CLOUDY KITCHEN
OLIVE OIL COOKIES: CHRISTMAS SWEET RECIPE | TREURER - ACEITE DE …
OLIVE OIL AND WINE COOKIES - NOURISHED KITCHEN
EASY SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE WITH OLIVE OIL - THE HUNGRY BITES
OLIVE OIL AND LEMON COOKIES - BETSYLIFE
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
10 BEST OLIVE OIL SUGAR COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COOKIES RECIPES - LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
25 RECIPES FOR BAKING WITH OLIVE OIL | ALLRECIPES
OLIVE OIL OATMEAL COOKIES - CONFESSIONS OF A CONFECTIONISTA
TASTY, SPICY OLIVE OIL COOKIES FROM CRETE (VIA TORONTO)
OLIVE OIL COOKIES FROM SOUTHERN ITALY - HONEST COOKING
OLIVE OIL SUGAR COOKIES - CALIFORNIA OLIVE RANCH
OLIVE OIL COOKIE BARS - JUSTINE SNACKS
OATMEAL COOKIES WITH SEA SALT AND OLIVE OIL – BERTOLLI
OLIVE OIL SPRINKLE COOKIES - COOKING WITH NONNA
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - AVERIE COOKS
SMALL BATCH OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - CLOUDY KITCHEN
SOFT OLIVE OIL SUGAR COOKIES (DAIRY-FREE) - PERCHANCE TO COOK
OLIVE OIL OATMEAL COOKIES - THE OLIVE TAP RECIPES
BUTTERMILK OLIVE OIL COOKIES — YES, PLEASE BAKED GOODS
NUTELLA FILLED OLIVE OIL COOKIES - COOKING WITH NONNA
HONEY AND OLIVE OIL SPICED COOKIES - RECIPES WITH OLIVE OIL
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
OLIVE OIL-ORANGE SUGAR COOKIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BAKING WITH OLIVE OIL INSTEAD OF BUTTER | CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - OLIVE OIL TIMES
BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHUNK OLIVE OIL COOKIES - KALEJUNKIE
OLIVE OIL COOKIES RECIPEの人気動画を探索しましょう | TIKTOK
OLIVE OIL OATMEAL COOKIES - FEEDING THE FRASERS
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
BLOOD ORANGE OLIVE OIL COOKIES - OLIVE THIS!
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - OLIVE AND ARTISAN
LEMON ROSEMARY OLIVE OIL COOKIES - SIMPLY WHISKED
LEMON AND PINE NUT OLIVE OIL COOKIES – BERTOLLI
#course #preparation #for-large-groups #desserts #easy #cookies-and-brownies #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #chocolate-chip-cookies
You'll also love