FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH BEER
This is a tasty and easy recipe. We love onion soup, so I came up with this to satisfy our craving on those cold nights.
Provided by C. Taylor
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut the onions into thin slivers lengthwise and add to a pot (nonstick) over medium - medium high flame with the olive oil, butter and salt. Keep stirring until onions have browned (a deep brown), making sure not to burn them.
- Add the flour, garlic powder and herbs, and continue stirring for another few minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, beer, boullion, and worcesteshire, and bring to a boil. Let simmer for another 10 minutes, making sure there aren't any lumps of flour or onion.
- Toast the french bread. Fill an oven proof ramekin with soup, then top with a slice of bread, a slice of chees and a sprinkle of parmesan. Broil in oven until cheese is golden brown.
ONION & BEER SOUP
Lighter than the traditional version & quick to make! If, like me, you're not a beer drinker - I suggest using a light beer - like Molson's Canadian!!!!!!!
Provided by CountryLady
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil; add onions& sugar, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20- 25 minutes or until the onions are slightly coloured.
- Sprinkle flour over onions& stir in.
- Slowly add the beer, pour in chicken stock and season to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place toast slices in ovenproof soup bowls.
- Pour broth into each bowl, sprinkle with some parsley& top with grated cheese.
- Place under broiler for a couple of minutes to melt cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 636, Fat 28.5, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 64.8, Sodium 836.9, Carbohydrate 62.8, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 13.2, Protein 28.3
WISCONSIN NATIVE'S BEER CHEESE SOUP
As a Wisconsin native, I'm accustomed to a fantastic beer cheese soup. This is the recipe I've created, as a salute to my home state...America's Dairy land...and a state that brews a mighty fine beer! Serve with lots of popcorn floating on top!
Provided by SAVVYHOSTESS
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together carrots, onion, celery, and garlic. Stir in hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Pour in chicken broth and beer; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Stir in flour with a wire whisk; cook, stirring until the flour is light brown, about 3 or 4 minutes. Gradually stir in milk, whisking to prevent scorching, until thickened. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in cheese. Keep warm.
- Stir beer mixture into cheese mixture. Stir in Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard. Adjust for hot pepper sauce. Bring to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes. Serve topped with popcorn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.9 calories, Carbohydrate 21.2 g, Cholesterol 119.1 mg, Fat 39.7 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 27.1 g, SaturatedFat 24.5 g, Sodium 908.3 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
ONION SOUP WITH BEER
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the onions and sugar, cover and cook over low heat until the onions wilt, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and continue to cook, covered, stirring the onions from time to time, until they are golden. Stir in the beer and cook five minutes longer.
- Add the stock and simmer the soup, covered, over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup among four crocks or ovenproof bowls, top each with a crouton and some cheese and broil just until the cheese melts. Serve at once.
ONION AND GARLIC BEER SOUP
- In a heavy kettle cook the onions and the garlic in the oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is browned. Stir in the beer and the broth, simmer the mixture, covered, for 45 minutes, and stir in the sugar and salt and pepper to taste. While the soup is simmering, in a heavy skillet melt the butter over moderate heat, add the bread cubes, and cook them, stirring, until they are golden. Divide the soup among 6 bowls and top it with the Parmesan and the croutons.
More about "onion beer soup recipes"
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH BEER - RICARDO CUISINE
5/5 (91)Calories 450 per servingCategory Appetizers
ONION SOUP WITH BEER | RICARDO
4/5 (1)Category AppetizersServings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
ONION SOUP RECIPE WITH BEER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH LAGER | THE FOOD BLOG
BEER-AND-CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - JONATHON ERDELJAC | FOOD & WINE
ONION SOUP WITH BEER | RECIPE CART
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
BEER ONION SOUP :: QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPES
FRENCH ONION SOUP (MADE WITH BEER) - THEKITTCHEN
THE BEST FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH BEER | CHEF SOUS CHEF
BEER AND ONION SOUP | BCLIQUOR
SOUPE à LA BIèRE (BEER SOUP) - CULINARY GINGER
ONION BEER SOUP - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
ONION SOUP RECIPE WITH BEER - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ONION SOUP WITH DARK BEER AND CHIMAY CHEESE | THRIFTY FOODS …
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH BEER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
FILIPINO BEER ONION SOUP RECIPE | SIDECHEF
FRENCH ONION SOUP IN BEER - VITACLAY® CHEF
DARK BEER ONION SOUP - GERMANFOODS.ORG
RECIPE: FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH BEER | GEORGE HERALD
BEER ONION SOUP - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
SLOW COOKER BEER BRAISED ONION SOUP CHICKEN SANDWICHES
CREAMY BEER, ONION AND CHEDDAR SOUP | METRO
SWEET ONION AND BEER SOUP - THE WASHINGTON POST
EASY BELGIAN ALE FRENCH ONION SOUP | THE BEER STORE
BEER AND BACON FRENCH ONION SOUP - PANTRYPUPS.COM
10 BEST GUINNESS BEER SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONION BEER SOUP - RECIPES - PAGE 8 | COOKS.COM
BEER CHEESE AND ONION SOUP/DIP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
IRISH STOUT ONION SOUP RECIPE | CRAFT BEER & BREWING
SMOKY BEER FRENCH ONION SOUP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
ONION BEER BEEF RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
ONION SOUP WITH DARK BEER | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
CREAMY BEER CHEESE SOUP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
RICH ONION SOUP - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
BLACK BEER ONION SOUP - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
RECIPE: LEEK ONION BEER CHEESE SOUP
FRENCH ONION SOUP WITH BEER | THE STAR
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a beer and toast soup?Heat oil; add onions& sugar, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20- 25 minutes or until the onions are slightly coloured. Sprinkle flour over onions& stir in. Slowly add the beer, pour in chicken stock and season to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Place toast slices in ovenproof soup bowls.
How to cook beer on the stove with onions?Heat oil; add onions& sugar, cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20- 25 minutes or until the onions are slightly coloured. Sprinkle flour over onions& stir in. Slowly add the beer, pour in chicken stock and season to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
What goes well with beer in soup?This is a twist on classic French Onion Soup that adds a bit of beer. Of course, the best part about French Onion Soup is that it gets served with a chunk of cheesy toasted bread on top, and it goes so well with the slight beer flavor and the caramelized onions in the soup.
How to make beef soup?Here are the basic steps: You start by patiently cooking the onions in butter until caramelized. This should take about 20 minutes. Now, mix in the flour and brown it. Next, add the wine and cook to reduce it. Add the beef broth and the spices and simmer until the soup is thickened, about 20 minutes.