VIDALIA® ONION STRAWS (ONION STRINGS)
Wonderful crispy onions made from Vidalia® or any good sweet yellow onions. These are famous in several restaurants around the Southeast. A great southern staple. Serve hot for best results. Slice onions as thin as possible. You should be able to see the knife clearly through the onion as you slice it.
Provided by lcasad
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. Place onion slices into buttermilk, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika together in a bowl. Working in batches, remove onions from buttermilk, letting any excess liquid drip off, place onions in flour mixture and toss to coat. Shake any excess flour mixture off onions.
- Cook onion rings in the preheated oil until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer rings with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.4 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 2.5 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 939.2 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS
This recipe produces tasty and crispy thin onion rings. Onions need to be refrigerated in ranch dressing mixture for an hour, so plan ahead.
Provided by Marie
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Slice onion into thinnest possible rings.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine ranch dressing and milk and pour over onions.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Shake to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Heat oil to 375° in deep saucepan.
- Remove a small handful of onion rings from dressing and shake off excess.
- Drop into flour, separate rings and shake to coat.
- Drop a few rings at a time into hot oil and cook until golden.
- Remove from hot oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining rings until all have been battered and fried.
- Keep warm.
BEER-BATTERED ONION STRINGS
- Special equipment: a mandolin; a deep-frying thermometer
- Mix the flour, baking powder, seasoned salt and pepper in a large bowl. In a pitcher, mix together the beer and eggs. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough vegetable oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil registers 375 degrees F.
- In batches, dip the onion strings into the batter, then plunge them into the hot oil and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and repeat with the rest of the onions. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
CRISPY BAKED ONION RINGS
These crispy, lightly browned rings from Della Stamp of Long Beach, California are a healthy alternative to the deep-fried version. Thyme and paprika enhance the flavor of the tender onions.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings and place in a bowl. Cover with ice water; soak for 30 minutes. Drain., In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, thyme, salt, paprika and pepper. Divide the crumb mixture among three large resealable plastic bags. Dip a third of the onions in the egg whites; add a few rings at a time to crumb mixture and shake to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray., Repeat with remaining onions and crumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 865mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
BEST EVER ONION RINGS
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and onion salt in a bowl to make a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer until a thermometer reads 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip the onion rings evenly into the batter, then fry in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, working in batches if necessary, until the onion rings are golden brown. With a slotted spoon, remove the onion rings to paper towels to drain. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1092.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.4 g, Cholesterol 48.9 mg, Fat 112.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 15.1 g, Sodium 607.6 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
- Slice onion very thin. Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk and soak for at least an hour. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Heat oil to 375 degrees.Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tap to shake off excess, and PLUNGE into hot oil. Fry for a few minutes and remove as soon as golden brown.Repeat until onions are gone.Eat before your family sees them.Repeat with another onion, because they'll be really mad they didn't get any.
ONION STRINGS(PIONEER WOMAN)
I know they don't look it, but these teeny tiny, thinly-sliced fried onions are so pleasantly flavorful and crisp, and such an utterly perfect accompaniment for so many different main courses, they really need to be placed on some list of Culinary Triumphs of All Time. Straight from Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice onion very thin. Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk and soak for at least an hour.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tap to shake off excess, and PLUNGE into hot oil. Fry for a few minutes and remove as soon as golden brown.
- Repeat until onions are gone.
- Eat before your family sees them.
- Repeat with another onion, because they'll be really mad they didn't get any.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4430, Fat 439.5, SaturatedFat 33.7, Cholesterol 9.8, Sodium 3750.2, Carbohydrate 112.4, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 14.4, Protein 21.6
More about "onion strings recipes"
ONION STRINGS (PIONEER WOMAN RECIPE) - BUNNY'S …
FRENCH FRIED STRING ONIONS RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
EASY CRISPY ONION STRINGS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Reviews 2Category Appetizer, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
EASY ONION STRINGS • THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
EASY CRISPY ONION STRINGS | THE RECIPE CRITIC - FRESH BERRY ME
HOMEMADE ONION STRINGS - CINCYSHOPPER
CRISPY BAKED ONION RINGS - JUST A TASTE
CRISPY FRIED ONIONS STRINGS - PATTY SAVEURS
ONION STRINGS | MRFOOD.COM
DAIRY-FREE CRISPY ONION STRINGS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
FRIED ONION STRINGS | BUNS IN MY OVEN
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS | BAKED BY RACHEL
FRIED ONION STRINGS RECIPE - CUISINE AT HOME
CRISPY ONION STRINGS - DELICIOUSLY SEASONED
FRENCH FRIED ONION STRINGS (ONION STRAWS) - VALENTINA'S CORNER
HOMEMADE FRENCH FRIED ONIONS (+ SECRET INGREDIENT!)
HOMEMADE FRIED ONION STRINGS – JESS PRYLES
HOMEMADE ONION STRINGS EAT AS AN APPETIZER OR USE AS A …
ONION STRINGS MAKE EVERYTHING EXTREMELY FANCY | MYRECIPES
EASY ONION STRINGS ~ CRISPY BURGER TOPPING - MISS IN THE KITCHEN
SOUTHERN FRIED ONION RINGS RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
HOMEMADE CRISPY ONION STRINGS (FRENCH FRIED ONIONS)
CRISPY CAJUN ONION STRINGS WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
BAKED ONION STRINGS (VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE) - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
ONION STRINGS | MORSELS OF LIFE
BEER BATTERED ONION STRAWS (DAIRY FREE)- SIMPLY WHISKED
53 ONION STRINGS IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, APPETIZER RECIPES, …
FRIED ONION STRINGS - EASY APPETIZER - GREAT GRUB, …
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
HOMEMADE COPYCAT FRENCH’S ONIONS STRINGS - WEST VIA …
EASY CRISPY ONION STRINGS | THE RECIPE CRITIC - MAPPING WITH MANDY
ONION STRINGS - CRAVINGS OF A LUNATIC
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS | BEAR NAKED FOOD
ONION STRINGS - FOOD NETWORK UK
ONION STRINGS - 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE
10 BEST ONION RINGS WITHOUT BUTTERMILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONION STRINGS | KITCHEN TRIALS
You'll also love