CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS
This recipe produces tasty and crispy thin onion rings. Onions need to be refrigerated in ranch dressing mixture for an hour, so plan ahead.
Provided by Marie
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Slice onion into thinnest possible rings.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine ranch dressing and milk and pour over onions.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Shake to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Heat oil to 375° in deep saucepan.
- Remove a small handful of onion rings from dressing and shake off excess.
- Drop into flour, separate rings and shake to coat.
- Drop a few rings at a time into hot oil and cook until golden.
- Remove from hot oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining rings until all have been battered and fried.
- Keep warm.
VIDALIA® ONION STRAWS (ONION STRINGS)
Wonderful crispy onions made from Vidalia® or any good sweet yellow onions. These are famous in several restaurants around the Southeast. A great southern staple. Serve hot for best results. Slice onions as thin as possible. You should be able to see the knife clearly through the onion as you slice it.
Provided by lcasad
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. Place onion slices into buttermilk, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika together in a bowl. Working in batches, remove onions from buttermilk, letting any excess liquid drip off, place onions in flour mixture and toss to coat. Shake any excess flour mixture off onions.
- Cook onion rings in the preheated oil until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer rings with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.4 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 2.5 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 939.2 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
BEER-BATTERED ONION STRINGS
- Special equipment: a mandolin; a deep-frying thermometer
- Mix the flour, baking powder, seasoned salt and pepper in a large bowl. In a pitcher, mix together the beer and eggs. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough vegetable oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil registers 375 degrees F.
- In batches, dip the onion strings into the batter, then plunge them into the hot oil and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and repeat with the rest of the onions. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
BEST EVER ONION RINGS
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and onion salt in a bowl to make a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer until a thermometer reads 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip the onion rings evenly into the batter, then fry in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, working in batches if necessary, until the onion rings are golden brown. With a slotted spoon, remove the onion rings to paper towels to drain. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1092.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.4 g, Cholesterol 48.9 mg, Fat 112.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 15.1 g, Sodium 607.6 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
You can rustle up these crispy bites with a few storecupboard ingredients - sparkling water is the key to a really light batter
Provided by Caroline Hire - Food writer
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Use a fork to steady your onion. Slice the onion into rings about 1cm wide. Remove the skin and separate the rings.
- Heat the oil to 180C in a heavy-based pan - it should be no more than 1/ 3 full.
- Meanwhile put the flour and sparkling water in a bowl and season generously. Whisk together to form a batter.
- Coat a small batch of onion rings in batter. Carefully lower into the hot oil and deep-fry until crisp and golden, about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a piece of kitchen towel to drain. Repeat with the remaining onion and batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2.3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7.2 grams sugar, Fiber 4.8 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "onion strings recipes"
ONION STRINGS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory Appetizers, Main Dish, Side DishTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Slice onion very thin. Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk and soak for at least an hour.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Heat oil to 375 degrees.Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tap to shake off excess, and PLUNGE into hot oil.
- Fry for a few minutes and remove as soon as golden brown.Repeat until onions are gone.Eat before your family sees them.Repeat with another onion, because they’ll be really mad they didn’t get any.
HOMEMADE ONION STRINGS - CINCYSHOPPER
ONION STRINGS - CRAVINGS OF A LUNATIC
BAKED ONION STRINGS (VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE) - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
ONION STRINGS | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, COOKING
ONION STRINGS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ONION STRINGS RECIPE
ONION STRING RECIPES
EASY CRISPY ONION STRINGS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ONION STRINGS – RECIPES NETWORK
HOMEMADE COPYCAT FRENCH’S ONIONS STRINGS - WEST VIA …
FRIED ONION STRINGS RECIPE - CUISINE AT HOME
HOMEMADE ONION STRINGS EAT AS AN APPETIZER OR USE AS A …
ONION STRINGS | MRFOOD.COM
SOUTHERN FRIED ONION RINGS RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
FRIED ONION STRINGS - EASY APPETIZER - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
10 BEST ONION RINGS CORNSTARCH RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRISPY ONION STRINGS - DELICIOUSLY SEASONED
FRENCH FRIED ONION STRINGS (ONION STRAWS) - VALENTINA'S CORNER
FRENCH FRIED STRING ONIONS RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
CRISPY ONION STRINGS – LEMON TREE DWELLING
EASY ONION STRINGS - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
AIR FRIED ONION STRINGS - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE CRISPY ONION STRINGS (FRENCH FRIED ONIONS)
ONION STRINGS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, ONION STRINGS RECIPE ...
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
ONION STRINGS - FOOD NETWORK
ONION STRINGS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
CRISPY FRIED ONIONS STRINGS - PATTY SAVEURS
EASY ONION STRINGS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS | BAKED BY RACHEL
CRISPY CAJUN ONION STRINGS WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
HOMEMADE FRENCH FRIED ONIONS (+ SECRET INGREDIENT!)
25 ONION STRINGS RECIPE IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST
CRISPY FRIED ONION STRINGS WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
ONION STRINGS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
ONION STRINGS RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
DAIRY-FREE CRISPY ONION STRINGS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make fried onion strings?Fried Onion Strings - Easy Appetizer - Great Grub ... How To Make Fried Onion Strings Slice onions very thin and place in a gallon size baggie. Pour buttermilk into baggie and close. Shake to coat onions and let sit for 30 to 40 minutes. In another gallon size baggie, add flour, garlic salt, Slap Ya Mama®, and pepper.
How do you cook onion strings in the oven?Arrange the onion strings on a baking sheet and covered them with foil. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes to heat and crisp them up. It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all kitchen staples.
How to make onion string Curry at home?Slice your onion super thinly. Now fill a large bowl with buttermilk and drop the onion strings inside. Cover and set aside for an hour. Mix up the flour, salt and pepper in another large bowl.
What is the best way to make onion rings?In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Shake to evenly distribute ingredients. Heat oil to 375° in deep saucepan. Remove a small handful of onion rings from dressing and shake off excess. Drop into flour, separate rings and shake to coat.