OVEN-DRIED PERSIMMON SLICES
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lay persimmons in a single layer on 2 wire racks set over baking sheets. Bake until centers are dry and edges begin to curl, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Let cool completely. Persimmons can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 days. Serve at room temperature.
EASY OVEN-DRIED FRUIT RECIPE BY TASTY
An easy, healthy snack perfect for your next road trip! All you need is your favorite fruit and an oven. Enjoy your dried fruit on the go, toss it with granola, or use it to top off a salad.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Set the oven racks at the top and bottom thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 170°F (75°C), or its lowest temperature. Line up to 4 baking sheets with nonstick reusable mats.
- Cut the top off of the pineapple, and slice a thin layer off the bottom so it stands upright. Core the pineapple and discard the skin and core. Cut into 2-3-inch (5-7.5 cm) pieces. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Peel the skin off the kiwis, then slice into ¼-⅓-inch (½-1 cm) wide rounds. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Peel the skin off the mangoes. Cut around the pit, then slice into ¼- to ⅓-inch (½-1 cm) wide strips. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Squeeze the lemon over the mango so it does not oxidize in the oven.
- Remove the tops from strawberries, and cut into ¼-⅓-inch (½-1 cm) wide slices. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the fruit, in batches if necessary, for 6-8 hours, until dried, leathery, and all moisture has evaporated. The kiwis and strawberries should take less time, while the pineapple will take the longest. Crack the oven door every hour or so, especially in the beginning, to allow moisture to escape.
- Let the fruit cool, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week, ideally with a silica gel packet to maintain dryness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151 calories, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 29 grams
More about "oven dried persimmon slices recipes"
DRIED PERSIMMON SLICES | KITCHEN NOSTALGIA
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Snack
- Place the slices ona a baking tray covered with baking paper. Put in a 140 F (60) oven and let dry. You can use a wooden spoon to keep oven door slightly ajar.
- I checked them every hour to see how they were doing. I turned them once after about 4 hours. All in all it took 10 hours for my persimmon slices to dry.
HOW TO DRY FRESH PERSIMMONS IN AN OVEN
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Snack
- dry persimmons in oven for 5-6 hours flipping persimmons a few times throughout the entire time until they are dried out.
OVEN-DRIED PERSIMMON ROUNDS: CANCER PREVENTION …
3.9/5 (50)Total Time 2 hrs 5 minsOccupation Nutrition ConsultantCalories 118 per serving
HOW TO MAKE DRIED PERSIMMON SLICES | EDIBLE PARADISE
7 DRIED FRUIT IDEAS | FOOD, DESSERT RECIPES, RECIPES - PINTEREST
10 pins20 followers
HOW TO DRY PERSIMMON: 14 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
OVEN-DRIED PEARS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
14 RECIPES: DRIED FRUITS IDEAS | DEHYDRATOR RECIPES, RECIPES ...
PERSIMMON RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE: SPICED ROASTED PERSIMMON SLICES - FARM FRESH TO YOU
OVEN-DRIED PERSIMMON MODELS - FITNESS TIPS | 2022
MAGICAL ROASTED PERSIMMON SLICES: 5 NEW FLAVORS! - KITCHN
11 BEST PERSIMMON RECIPES (EASY WAYS TO EAT PERSIMMONS)
MY MOM'S DRIED PERSIMMON RECIPE - VIET WORLD KITCHEN
DRIED PERSIMMONS - AN EASY WINTER SNACK - MOUNTAIN FEED
RECIPE: BAKED PERSIMMONS | KITCHN
ROASTED FUYU PERSIMMONS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DRIED PERSIMMON CHIPS: SNACKS FOR THE KIDS - CONSCIOUSLY …
DRIED PERSIMMON SLICES | RECIPE | PERSIMMONS, DRIED, PERSIMMON
OVEN-DRIED PERSIMMON SLICES RECIPE - PINTEREST
HOW TO DRY PERSIMMON | EHOW
HOW TO MAKE OVEN-DRIED CITRUS SLICES | SBS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE DRIED PERSIMMONS - SUNSET MAGAZINE
DRY YOUR PERSIMMONS IN SLICES AND CHECK OUT HOW OUR NEIGHBOR …
HOW TO DRY PERSIMMONS - A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE - DRYING ALL FOODS
DRIED PERSIMMONS - EXCALIBUR DEHYDRATOR RECIPES
10 BEST PERSIMMON RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
21 BEST PERSIMMON RECIPES - VEGGIE DESSERTS
OVEN-DRIED PERSIMMON SLICES RECIPE
SWEETENED OVEN DRIED ORANGE SLICES - EDIBLEGARDENS52
OVEN-DRIED TOMATO SLICES - HOMEMADE IN ASTORIA
HOW TO DEHYDRATE APPLES AND FUYU PERSIMMONS (PLUS A MUESLI …
FRIED PERSIMMON SLICES ON THAI RICE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
HOW TO DRY PERSIMMONS AT HOME? - FOODSGAL.COM
10 BEST DRIED PERSIMMON FRUIT RECIPES | YUMMLY
PERSIMMON BREAD - THE SEASONED MOM
12 DELICIOUS PERSIMMON RECIPES - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
CINNAMON ROASTED PERSIMMONS - MAMA LIKES TO COOK
EASY BAKED PERSIMMONS - MARIAUSHAKOVA.COM
DRIED APPLES RECIPE - WEBMD
FULL CIRCLE - RECIPE: SPICED ROASTED PERSIMMON SLICES
STEAMED PERSIMMON PUDDING - PUNCHFORK
OVEN DRIED LEMON SLICES - FAMILY SPICE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Dry persimmons in the oven?Preheat oven to 250F. Thinly slice the persimmons crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds. Divide the persimmons between 2 wire racks set atop baking sheets. Bake until the centers look dry and the edges begin to curl up, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to cook persimmons for pudding?Make this for our Steamed Persimmon Pudding. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lay persimmons in a single layer on 2 wire racks set over baking sheets. Bake until centers are dry and edges begin to curl, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
What are the health benefits of persimmons?Persimmons contain antioxidants called catechins and gallocatechins, as well as a compound called betulinic acid. Betulinic acid may trigger apoptosis, or cell death, in cancer cells. Preheat oven to 250F. Thinly slice the persimmons crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds.