PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE
This is a simple and versatile recipe. It lends well to any type of white fish, such as: perch, tilapia, whitefish, halibut, etc. It might even work well with salmon, but I haven't tried that yet. I love the crusty, delicious almond coating. If you can't find Panko breadcrumbs, you could try regular bread crumbs. I like to serve this alongside wild rice and a nice salad for a simple and pretty healthy meal.
Provided by LifeIsGood
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- First make the almondine breading by placing Panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and sliced almonds into a food processor.
- Pulse until it reaches a fine consistency. *The breading adheres to the fish better this way.*.
- If applicable, debone the fish and remove the skin.
- Salt and pepper the fish, to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs and water together to make an egg wash.
- Place flour in a shallow pan.
- Place the almondine breading in another shallow pan.
- Dredge each fish fillet through the flour, dusting off any excess, dip in egg wash; place in breading, coating both sides of fish. If you aren't going to fry these right away, store them in the refrigerator at this point.
- Preheat saute pan using medium heat.
- Add the butter and melt, being careful not to burn.
- Place fish in hot butter and cook on each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side, which is an average time. Depending on how thick your fish is, you may need to either shorten or lengthen the time.
- Optional: Sprinkle chopped parsley on top of the fish before serving.
PAN FRIED FISH
- Heat a heavy pan over medium high heat.
- Season fish on meat side with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge fish in flour and shake off excess. When pan is good and hot, add Canola oil followed immediately by 1 tablespoon butter. As soon as foaming subsides, place fish in pan with the skin side down. Jiggle pan for the first 10 seconds to keep the fish from sticking. Cook until golden crust forms on meat. Carefully turn fish away from you and again jiggle pan for the first few seconds. Cook until skin turns golden brown. Remove to a warm plate.
- Pour out the cooking fat, add remaining butter and quickly fry the capers. Remove pan from the heat, add lemon juice to pan and swirl. Pour sauce over the fish and serve.
- Rinse and pat dry trout. Season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge trout in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over high heat until melted. Add trout and brown both sides. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove trout to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add 2 tablespoons butter. Cook butter over medium heat until it just begins to brown. Add the almonds and brown.
- Pour sauce and almonds over fish and sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 854 calories, Carbohydrate 24.4 g, Cholesterol 223.5 mg, Fat 55.6 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 66.4 g, SaturatedFat 18.8 g, Sodium 315.3 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
PAN-FRIED SOLE ALMONDINE
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Place the flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add the fish, seal the bag, and shake gently to coat well. 2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the coated fish but don't crowd the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Turn the pieces over, and cook another 2 minutes or until the other side is golden brown. Transfer to a platter. 3. Add the butter, almonds, and lemon juice to the same pan used to cook the fish (don't clean the pan). Cook the almonds over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until they begin to brown. 4. Spoon the almonds over the sauteed fish and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
From when I was expecting my first baby, Alex, to well past the birth of my second child, Paige, I used to meet my grandmother, Ga-Ga, at Luby's Cafeteria in my hometown for lunch on an almost monthly basis. Luby's had a mega-long (it seemed like a football field, but probably wasn't quite) serving line of prefilled small plates holding such comfort foods as Jell-O salad, macaroni and cheese, Salisbury steak, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and slices of pie as far as the eye could see. But for me, the single most memorable dish at Luby's was their gloriously consistent Fish Almondine. No matter which seventeen sides I selected (okay, sometimes it was eighteen), Fish Almondine was always the main course for me. This is my best attempt to re-create the Luby's magic. (I love and miss you, Ga-Ga.)
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko and almonds. Drizzle in the melted butter and toss until well combined.
- Add the parsley and toss it in . . .
- Then stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish and add a pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Dredge both sides of the fish in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Spread a generous tablespoon of mayonnaise over each piece of fish . . .
- And sprinkle the crumb mixture on top, pressing lightly to make sure it sticks.
- Bake until the crumbs are golden and the fish is flaky, 16 to 18 minutes. Squeeze the lemon juice on top and serve.
EASY PAN-FRIED FISH FILLET
- Wash fish fillets under running cold water and dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt on both sides.
- Combine flour and Chinese five-spice powder in a shallow bowl. Dip fish fillets into the flour mixture so they are covered on both sides.
- Heat canola and sesame oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fish to hot oil and pan-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn and continue cooking until fish flakes easily with a fork, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306 calories, Carbohydrate 9.5 g, Cholesterol 60.8 mg, Fat 18.6 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 26.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 125.9 mg
This recipe was an experiment and it turned into a great hit. The almonds add so much flavor to the fish.-Marshall Simon, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Dip fillets in flour, then in egg. Place in skillet; cook until lightly browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. , In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add the almonds, lemon juice, and wine if desired; heat through. Pour over fillets and garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 calories, Fat 24g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 146mg cholesterol, Sodium 252mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
More about "pan fried fish almondine recipes"
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (4)Calories 626 per servingServings 4
PAN FRIED GROUPER WITH ALMONDS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TROUT ALMONDINE - WEDNESDAY NIGHT CAFE
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE ARCHIVES - 300,000+ RECIPES & MEAL PLANS
PAN SEARED SWORDFISH (QUICK, EASY & ELEGANT DINNER!) - BAKE IT …
PAN FRIED FISH - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE RECIPE FROM H-E-B
KETO FRIED FISH WITH ALMOND FLOUR - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
PAN FRIED TROUT ALMONDINE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PAN-FRIED FLOUNDER ALMONDINE RECIPE FROM H-E-B
CRISPY PAN FRIED FISH | RECIPETIN EATS
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
PAN FRIED FISH ALMONDINE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED ROCKFISH ALMONDINE - KEVIN IS COOKING
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE - PLAIN.RECIPES
PAN FRIED TROUT ALMONDINE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PAN FRIED FISH ALMONDINE BEST RECIPES
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: GULF FISH ALMANDINE - ARNAUD'S RESTAURANT
TROUT ALMONDINE - THE DARING GOURMET
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
PAN FRIED FISH- GRANDMA STYLE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
10 BEST FISH ALMONDINE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN FRIED FLOUNDER ALMONDINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
10 BEST ALMOND FLOUR FRIED FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN-FRIED FISH ALMONDINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | PAN FRIED …
PAN FRIED ALMONDS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WALLEYE ALMONDINE | RICARDO
PAN FRIED TROUT ALMONDINE BEST RECIPES
PAN FRIED TROUT ALMONDINE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PAN FRIED GREEN BEANS ALMONDINE RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
FISH ALMONDINE - GLUTEN FREE - TESSA THE DOMESTIC DIVA
13 ROCKFISH RECIPES TO TRY AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
PAN FRIED FISH WITH ALMONDS RECIPE BY SPARSHITA AHUJA - NDTV FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #seafood #american #french #easy #european #beginner-cook #dinner-party #romantic #fish #stove-top #taste-mood #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you fry fish with Almondine breading?Place the almondine breading in another shallow pan. Dredge each fish fillet through the flour, dusting off any excess, dip in egg wash; place in breading, coating both sides of fish. If you aren't going to fry these right away, store them in the refrigerator at this point. Preheat saute pan using medium heat.
How to cook almonds and fish on the same Pan?Remove fried almonds from skillet and place on sheet of foil. Retain skillet for fish. Season fish fillets with crushed basil, salt and pepper. Using the same skillet, add the remaining butter and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Pan fry fillets for 3-4 minutes per side over medium-high heat.
How do you cook fish in a pan with butter?In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Dip fillets in flour, then in egg. Place in skillet; cook until lightly browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes on each side.
What to do with fish Almondine?No matter which seventeen sides I selected (okay, sometimes it was eighteen), Fish Almondine was always the main course for me. This is my best attempt to re-create the Luby's magic. (I love and miss you, Ga-Ga.) In a small bowl, combine the panko and almonds. Drizzle in the melted butter and toss until well combined.