PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS
Scallops have a reputation for being hard to cook correctly, but this recipe is really fast, easy, and oh so tasty. The key is high heat for the sear, a good nonstick pan, and clarified butter. Pairs well with risotto.
Provided by Brian Genest
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place scallops in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine 5 tablespoons warm butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl; whisk until combined. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- At the same time, remove scallops from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, making sure it does not smoke. Brush scallops with garlic mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the bottoms begin to sear and turn golden, about 2 minutes. Flip scallops, brush with garlic mixture, and cook another 2 minutes. Remove scallops from the heat and let them continue to cook while they rest, off the heat, for 5 more minutes. Plate and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 232.4 mg, Fat 52.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 42.5 g, SaturatedFat 31.7 g, Sodium 1647.9 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
EASY GARLIC-LEMON SCALLOPS
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops, and cook for several minutes on one side, then turn over, and continue cooking until firm and opaque.
- Remove scallops to a platter, then whisk salt, pepper, and lemon juice into butter. Pour sauce over scallops to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 152.4 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 38.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 987.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON SAUCE
From Bon Appetit March 2007. In the UK, scallops come with the coral still attached, something I'm not used to, being American. This recipe does not call for the coral, but I used it anyway and it was rather good. One of our Zaar sisters (PhillyUKGirl) described them as 'silky and luxurious' and they definitely were! This recipe also calls for the scallops to be put into the oven. I did not do that step and just pan seared them. I have given the directions as written in the recipe, so you can do as you wish. The flavor of the lemon sauce is very subtle. It also calls for heavy cream but I used light cream as I didn't want a very thick sauce. The sauce can also be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate and bring to a simmer over medium heat before serving, whisking occasionally.
Provided by CulinaryQueen
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove peel (yellow part only) from lemon in long strips.
- Squeeze 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice from lemon into a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine lemon peel, wine, shallots and garlic in heavy small saucepan. Boil until mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Add cream and turmeric and boil until mixture thickens and is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 13 minutes.
- Pour mixture through fine strainer and discard solids.
- Return sauce to pan and whisk in 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F Rinse scallops (remove coral and set aside if attached) and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss scallops in bowl with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Working in batches, add scallops to skillet and sear until browned and almost opaque in center, about 1-2 minutes each. Add remaining butter and oil as needed.
- Transfer scallops to rimmed baking sheet and bake about 3 minutes.
- While scallops are baking, saute corals in same pan for 1-2 minutes, if using.
- Divide sauce among plates and arrange scallops and coral atop sauce and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 607.5, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 21.5, Cholesterol 193.9, Sodium 428.2, Carbohydrate 12.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.7, Protein 40.3
More about "pan seared lemon and garlic scallops recipes"
THE BEST PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC AND LEMON RECIPE
4.4/5 (21)Total Time 15 minsCuisine SeafoodCalories 190 per serving
- After about 4 minutes on one side, flip scallops. They should have a golden crust on the side that was face-down. (If not, increase heat, and let sear a bit more.)
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER RECIPE
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE | THE …
LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS - JO COOKS
CREAMY LEMON GARLIC PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - SALT & LAVENDER
4.7/5 (14)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 635 per serving
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel. Trim off the tough side muscle that some of the scallops may still have (it looks whiter than the rest of the scallop). Season both sides of the scallops with salt & pepper.
- Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the scallops and cook them for 2-3 minutes/side. Do not overcrowd the pan, and don't move them around the pan.
- Take the pan off the heat and remove the scallops from the pan and set them aside. You can cover them with foil to keep them warm if you wish.
- Add in the garlic, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Return the pan to the heat and let it bubble for about 30 seconds - 1 minute while stirring to scrape up the brown bits.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE - JESSICA …
4.3/5 (157)Calories 151 per servingCategory Entree
- Combine salt and hot water in a medium bowl, stir until the salt is mostly dissolved. Add ice cubes, once the water is cold add scallops. Brine scallops for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large 12-inch pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add scallops to the pan in a single layer. Gently press on them with a spatula so they make direct contact with the pan. Pan sear until golden brown on the surface, not moving them, about 3 minutes.
LEMON GARLIC PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - THE HAPPIER …
5/5 (1)Total Time 9 minsCategory SeafoodCalories 142 per serving
PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS | RECIPE | SCALLOP RECIPES, …
WHITE WINE SAUCE FOR SCALLOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PAN SAUCE RECIPE
PAN SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SCALLOPS AND SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - STREETSMART KITCHEN
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PAN SAUCE RECIPE ...
PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS | RECIPESTY
TOP 40 COOKING SCALLOPS IN PAN RECIPES
SEARED LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS | RECIPES | CONTENTS
PAN SEARED WHOLE30 SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC GHEE (PALEO, KETO)
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PASTA | COOKING LIGHT
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER
SEARED LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
SEARED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BASIL GARLIC BUTTER
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER - INSPIRED TASTE
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER - SIZZLEFISH
PASTA > LEMON AND GARLIC PASTA WITH PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE – YEP YUMMY
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS COOKS IN 10 MINUTES - A GOUDA LIFE
GARLIC LEMON SCALLOP RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS & LEMON GARLIC BUTTER PASTA - CUP OF CONSUELLA
CAST IRON SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS | RESCOOKING.COM
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE GARLIC - THERESCIPES.INFO
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PASTA
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
PAN SEARED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS | – TINTORERA
PERFECT PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE + LEMON CHIVE BUTTER
CREAMY LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS – MESS IN THE KITCHEN
GARLIC SCALLOPS RECIPES PAN SEARED : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON PASTA - SANDRA VALVASSORI
TOP 50 GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE-RECIPES
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER - CULINARY HILL
You'll also love