PRESSURE-COOKER PORK AND CABBAGE DINNER
I put on this pressure cooker pork roast in the morning to avoid that evening dinner rush so common on busy weeknights. All I do is fix a side of family-favorite potatoes and we can sit down to a satisfying supper. -Trina Hinkel, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place water, soup mix, garlic and celery seed in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cut roast in half; place in cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 50 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. A thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°., Add cabbage and carrots to cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust pressure to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure., Remove roast and vegetables to a serving plate; keep warm. If desired, skim fat and thicken cooking juices for gravy. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424 calories, Fat 23g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 647mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 40g protein.
SIMPLE PORK AND CABBAGE SKILLET
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork chops in the hot oil until well-browned on each side, about 10 minutes per side.
- Add the cabbage, onion, apple, 2 cups of water, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the skillet; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and place a cover on the skillet. Cook at a simmer until the pork chops are completely tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the pork and vegetable mixture from the skillet, leaving as much of the liquid in the skillet as possible. Whisk the water and flour together in a small bowl. Raise the heat under the skillet to medium-high. Pour the flour mixture into the remaining liquid in the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens and begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer an additional 5 minutes. Pour the gravy over the pork and vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 596.6 calories, Carbohydrate 64.8 g, Cholesterol 63.1 mg, Fat 26.3 g, Fiber 14.7 g, Protein 31.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 1920.5 mg, Sugar 34.4 g
SOUTHERN CABBAGE FOR THE PRESSURE COOKER
A good pot of cabbage can be served stand-alone with some cornbread or as a side dish to your favorite meal. Preparing cabbage in a pressure cooker preserves most of the nutrients and produces a very sweet yet savory dish. This recipe is quick, flavorful and easy!
Provided by EyeSpy
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Chop cabbage into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- Cook bacon in an open 8-quart pressure cooker over medium heat until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Do not crisp the bacon unless you just like it that way. Add butter and stir until melted.
- Place the chopped cabbage into the pot and pour in chicken broth. Add salt and black pepper to taste and toss the cabbage until coated.
- Secure the lid to your pressure cooker, place the regulator on top (depending on the type of pressure cooker you have), and turn the heat up to high. When the regulator begins to rock or the cooker reaches full pressure, lower the heat to maintain a gentle rocking motion (15 pounds per square inch). Cook for 3 minutes.
- Immediately remove the cooker from the heat and use the quick-release method recommended by your cooker's manufacturer to reduce the pressure. Transfer cabbage to a serving dish and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.8 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Cholesterol 22.4 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 154.9 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
PORK AND CABBAGE DINNER
I put on this pork roast in the morning to avoid that evening dinner rush so common on busy weeknights. All I do is fix a side of family-favorite potatoes and we can sit down to a satisfying supper.-Trina Hinkel, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise and then into 2-in. pieces. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, soup mix, garlic and celery seed. Cut roast in half; place over carrot mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours., Reduce heat to low; cook for 4 hours. Add cabbage; cook 2 hours longer or until the meat and cabbage are tender., Remove meat and vegetables to a serving plate; keep warm. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy and serve with the roast.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK AND CABBAGE DINNER
- Heat the butter and oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; season pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, saute for 3 minutes per side until nicely browned, remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add sliced cabbage, shredded carrot, wine, caraway seeds, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper to the skillet; stir to combine,Cover and cook for 8 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced kielbasa and vinegar to the skillet; tuck the pork chops back into the mixture; cover skillet and cook on mediun-low heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally or until pork chops reach a internal temperture of 155 degrees; turn off heat; allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving, enjoy.
More about "pressure cooker pork and cabbage dinner recipes"
20-MINUTE PRESSURE COOKER PORK CHOPS AND CABBAGE
Reviews 78Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
THE BEST INSTANT POT HAM AND CABBAGE DINNER - WE …
10 BEST PRESSURE COOKER PORK RECIPES | YUMMLY
INSTANT POT PORK AND CABBAGE - FEISTY TAPAS
IRRESISTIBLE PRESSURE COOKER PULLED PORK | TESTED BY …
SLOW COOKER PORK AND CABBAGE - RICARDO CUISINE
PRESSURE COOKER PORK CHOPS AND CABBAGE – THE …
10 BEST PORK HOCKS PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
9 INSTANT POT CABBAGE RECIPES - THE TYPICAL MOM
PRESSURE COOKER (INSTANT POT) KALUA PORK - PRESSURE …
EASY CROCK POT PORK STEAK CABBAGE DINNER - RECIPES …
ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER PORK CHOPS AND CABBAGE …
INSTANT POT PORK RECIPES - TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
INSTANT POT CABBAGE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE (VEGAN, …
21 PRESSURE COOKER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE RECIPE
20-MINUTE PRESSURE COOKER PORK CHOPS AND CABBAGE ⋆ HIP …
PRESSURE COOKER CABBAGE AND NOODLES - THE TYPICAL MOM
PRESSURE COOKER CABBAGE [+VIDEO] - DR. DAVINAH'S EATS
PRESSURE-COOKER PORK AND CABBAGE DINNER | RECIPE | PORK AND …
THE BEST IDEAS FOR PRESSURE COOKER CABBAGE – BEST ROUND UP …
PRESSURE COOKER CABBAGE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SLOW COOKER PORK WITH CABBAGE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PORK LOIN AND CABBAGE A SUPER EASY 5 INGREDIENT DINNER
PRESSURE COOKER PORK ROAST RECIPE - EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES
PRESSURE COOKER CABBAGE AND POTATOES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
PRESSURE COOKER DINNER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PRESSURE COOK CABBAGE AND POTATOES : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
PRESSURE-COOKER PORK AND CABBAGE DINNER | RECIPE | PRESSURE …
21 PORK CARNITAS RECIPE PRESSURE COOKER - SELECTED RECIPES
PRESSURE COOKER ASIAN PORK CABBAGE BOWL - BETTER HOMES
INSTANT POT CABBAGE (LOW-FAT) - CLEAN EATING KITCHEN
INSTANT POT PORK LOIN WITH CABBAGE AND APPLES - COPY ME THAT
7 MINUTE PRESSURE COOKER CABBAGE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
PRESSURE-COOKER PORK AND CABBAGE DINNER RECIPE: HOW …
PORK CHOPS & CABBAGE (PRESSURE COOKER) | THAILAND 1 DOLLAR MEALS
PRESSURE-COOKER PORK AND CABBAGE DINNER | PUNCHFORK
INSTANT POT CABBAGE ROLLS - A PRESSURE COOKER KITCHEN
CREAMY GARLIC PORK WITH CABBAGE - SLIMMING EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you cook pork chops and cabbage in a pressure cooker?Our Electric Pressure Cooker Pork Chops and Cabbage is a super simple (low carb) recipe that everyone loves! Season Pork Chops with steak seasoning and place down in a 6-8 quart electric pressure cooker. Add cabbage and broth, then salt and pepper to taste.
How long to cook cabbage in electric pressure cooker?Add cabbage and broth, then salt and pepper to taste. Top with butter and cook under high pressure for 10-12 minutes. Allow your pressure cooker to naturally release for 15 minutes before switching to quick release if desired. This is a recipe for a 6-8 quart electric pressure cooker.
How to cook pork and cabbage dinner recipe?Pressure-Cooker Pork and Cabbage Dinner Ingredients 1 pound carrots 1-1/2 cups water 1 envelope onion soup mix 2 garlic cloves, minced 1/2 teaspoon celery seed 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 to 6 pounds) 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1-1/2 pounds, cabbage, cut into 2-inch pieces image/svg+xmlText Ingredients View Recipe
How do you cook a pork roast in a pressure cooker?—Trina Hinkel, Minneapolis, Minnesota Place water, soup mix, garlic and celery seed in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cut roast in half; place in cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 50 minutes.