FILIPINO PANCIT BIHON
This healthy version of the classic Filipino noodle dish pancit bihon has plenty of vegetables, along with chicken and pork. And since it comes together in about a half-hour, this traditional party food can do double duty as an easy weeknight dinner.
Provided by Natalia B. Roxas
Categories Healthy Chicken Pasta Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pork and chicken; cook, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add broth, cabbage, snow peas, carrots and celery leaves to the pot. Bring to a simmer; cook until the vegetables are mostly tender, about 5 minutes. Add pancit bihon and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the pork and chicken; cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 minutes more. Stir in soy sauce and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.5 calories, Carbohydrate 45.7 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 21.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 378.6 mg, Sugar 5 g
FILIPINO PANCIT BIHON WITH CANTON
This pancit is a favorite Filipino noodle dish that is usually served when you have company. Though time consuming, the end result is always delicious. It can be eaten alone or with rice. Skip the canton noodles if only bihon is desired.
Provided by lola
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Soak bihon in a bowl of warm water until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until flavors combine, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until they start to turn color, about 1 minute. Add soy sauce; toss in cabbage, celery, and carrot. Cook until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken, shrimp, and vegetables to a bowl, leaving the liquid behind in the wok. Add bihon and canton noodles to the liquid. Mix well and cover. Let sit until tender, about 5 minutes. Return 1/2 the chicken-vegetable mixture to the wok; mix with the noodles. Pour soup into bowls; garnish with the remaining chicken-vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 20.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 485.7 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
QUICK AND EASY PANCIT
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, and cover with warm water. When soft, drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in chicken cabbage, carrots and soy sauce. Cook until cabbage begins to soften. Toss in noodles, and cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with quartered lemons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Carbohydrate 65.1 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 18.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 788.6 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
CLASSIC PANCIT BIHON
Something new to try. I used a combination of recipes for this one and it tastes very much like the pancit I enjoyed from the many Filipino friends I made while my hubby was in the Navy. It looks like more work than it actually is...try it and have some fun.
Provided by Jaymee
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- First a note*** I used left over pork roast cooked in the crockpot for this recipe.
- However, there are many variations of pancit-- some calling for a combination of pork, chicken, shrimp.
- You may start with raw meats just poach them in a small amount of water and cool and shred.
- Save the broth to use where chicken broth is called for later in the recipe.
- (Reserving 2 cups).
- Soak rice noodles in hot tap water in large bowl for about 20 minutes and then drain in colander.
- Do this while preparing vegetables.
- Heat oil to medium in a very large pan with deep sides.
- Saute onion and garlic 3 minutes.
- Add meat, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- (Another note, you may choose to add more fish sauce but this is really potent stuff. If you have never cooked with it before, stick to the recipe.)
- Turn up the heat to high.
- Add cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, celery, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 cup of broth.
- Stir fry 2 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add rice noodles, in small amounts, stirring to break up.
- Add broth as needed to keep mixture from becoming too dry.
- Cook just until noodles are warm.
- Serve with lime or lemon wedges, scallions to sprinkle on top and extra soy sauce.
- You may also offer cilantro leaves and or hard cooked egg slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.2, Fat 14.7, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 55.8, Sodium 698.8, Carbohydrate 26.1, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 5.3, Protein 22.8
PANCIT BIHON (OR BIJON)
This is the way my husband's family makes their pancit bihon. It is a huge hit with all my non-filipino friends as well. All of the meats are interchangeable and optional.
Provided by Karener
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Start by soaking rice stick noodles in warm water for 15 minutes or until softened, then drain.
- Bring chicken, pork and 1-1/2 cups water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; shred the meat into small pieces- reserve the water.
- (A sturdy mixer such as a Kitchen Aid can be handy in shredding meat using the whisk attachment).
- Heat oil in a large, wide saute pan.
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until onion is translucent.
- Add shredded meat, shrimp and soy sauce and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Over high heat, add cabbage, carrots, salt, pepper and 1 cup of broth.
- Stir fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add rice noodles, tossing gently (wooden spoons work best) until cooked through and well blended, approximately 3 minutes.
- If the mixture seems dry, add more broth.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 653.3, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 203.7, Sodium 1056.7, Carbohydrate 69, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 2, Protein 53.1
More about "pancit bihon recipes"
PANCIT BIHON RECIPE | PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES™
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ONE PAN FILIPINO NOODLES (PANCIT BIHON) - MARION'S …
PANCIT BIHON GUISADO - TRADITIONAL FILIPINO RECIPE | 196 …
PANCIT BIHON (FILIPINO RICE NOODLES) - KITCHEN …
PANCIT BIHON GUISADO RECIPE
HOW TO COOK PANCIT BIHON | PANLASANG PINOY RECIPES™
EASY BIHON PANCIT - HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT | PICKLED PLUM
PANCIT - PANCIT BIHON - FILIPINO RICE NOODLES - RASA …
PANCIT BIHON - ONOLICIOUS HAWAIʻI
EASY PINOY PANCIT BIHON RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
HOW TO COOK THE BEST PANCIT BIHON OR PANCIT GUISADO
PANCIT BIHON | ANNIE'S CHAMORRO KITCHEN
BEST PANCIT RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PANCIT BIHON - DELISH
Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
AUTHENTIC PANCIT BIHON RECIPE | PINOY FOOD GUIDE
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main Course, SnackCalories 286 per serving
EASY WAY OF COOKING PANCIT PINOY STYLE RECIPE! - YOUTUBE
PANCIT BIHON GUISADO - KAWALING PINOY
FILIPINO PANCIT BIHON – LOTUS FOODS WEBSITE
PANCIT BIHON - HAPPY TUMMY RECIPES
PANCIT BIHON - FOXY FOLKSY
PANCIT BIHON AND CANTON - ASIAN IN AMERICA
PANCIT BIHON AND CANTON GUISADO RECIPE | MAGGI®
EASY PANCIT BIHON RECIPE – LOLA KUSINERA
BIHON PANCIT (FILIPINO FRIED RICE NOODLES) RECIPE - CHEF'S PENCIL
FAVORITE PANCIT • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
AUTHENTIC PANCIT RECIPE – FILIPINO NOODLES WITH CHICKEN
PANCIT BIHON GUISADO (EASY TO COOK VERSION) | PANLASANG PINOY …
PANCIT BIHON (FILIPINO RICE NOODLES) - RIVERTEN KITCHEN
PANCIT BIHON RECIPE - PINOY DELISH
HOW TO COOK PANCIT BIHON GUISADO FOR FEASTS – HEARTY TONGUE
PANCIT BIHON GUISADO - SIMPOL
PANCIT | FOODLAND
PANCIT BIHON RECIPE (DELICIOUS FILIPINO NOODLES!)
21 PANCIT BIHON RECIPE PANLASANG PINOY - SELECTED RECIPES
PANCIT BIHON (FILIPINO RICE NOODLES) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
FILIPINO PANCIT BIHON RECIPE - YOUTUBE
PANCIT BIHON GUISADO RECIPE
SMOKED BEEF PANCIT BIHON RECIPE - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
14 PANCIT RECIPES TO MAKE YOU A PANCIT PRO | SKILLSHARE BLOG
FILIPINO BIHON PANCIT WITH CHICKEN - MAKES AND MUNCHIES
PANCIT MIKI BIHON | FOOD & WINE
VEGAN FILIPINO PANCIT BIHON - SWEET SIMPLE VEGAN
PANCIT BIHON - PINOY COOKING FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES AND TIPS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #pork #vegetables #asian #stove-top #filipino #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #stir-fry #low-carb #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment #technique
You'll also love