PASTA WITH PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE
- Heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and brown the sausage in it. Transfer sausage to paper towel lined plate. Drain fat from skillet and return pan to the stove. Add the remaining tablespoon oil, and then the garlic and onion. Saute 3 to 5 minutes until the onions are tender.
- Add bay leaf, sage, and wine to the pan. Reduce wine by half, about 2 minutes. Add stock and pumpkin and stir to combine, stirring sauce until it comes to a bubble. Return sausage to pan, reduce heat, and stir in cream. Season the sauce with the cinnamon and nutmeg, and salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer mixture 5 to 10 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Return drained pasta to the pot you cooked it in. Remove the bay leaf from sauce and pour the sausage pumpkin sauce over pasta. Combine sauce and pasta and toss over low heat for 1 minute. Garnish the pasta with lots of shaved cheese and sage leaves.
- Serve pumpkin sausage pasta with pumpernickel or whole grain bread and Spinach Salad with Apple and Red Onion.
- Place spinach, apple, and onion in a salad bowl. Place oil, vinegar, mustard and honey in a small plastic container and fit lid on container. Shake dressing to combine, 1 minute. Pour dressing over salad, toss, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
PUMPKIN, KALE, AND SAUSAGE PASTA BAKE
Provided by Nicole Morrissey
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until almost al dente, about 8-9 minutes. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon until no longer pink; transfer to the pot with the cooked pasta and discard all but 1 tablespoon of liquid from the skillet.
- Return skillet to heat and add onion and mushrooms; sauté until softened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until wilted. Pour in wine and cook until reduced; transfer to the pot with the pasta and return to skillet to heat.
- Pour half and half into skillet and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened. Whisk in the pumpkin, ricotta, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the pot with 1¼ cups of the mozzarella cheese; mix thoroughly and trasnfer to the prepared 9 x 13. Top with remaining ¾ cup mozzarella, cover with foil, and bake for 20-25 minutes, removing the foil 5 minutes before done baking. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Nutrition Information Serving size 1½ cups Calories
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving the water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then pinch off 1- to 2-inch pieces of the sausage, adding it to the pan as you go. Cook for a couple minutes, flipping and stirring the sausage to brown both sides. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion has softened a little, a couple of minutes. Add the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the sausage is cooked through, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use a ladle to remove 2/3 cup pasta water from the pasta pot and add it to the skillet. Add the kale and cook until it has started to wilt, about 30 seconds, then add the pesto and cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring gently, until the sauce has thickened and the kale has wilted, about 3 minutes. If the skillet starts to look too dry at any stage, add a little more pasta water.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the butter, lemon zest, pasta and Parmesan. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, then serve in bowls garnished with the fresh basil.
BUCATINI WITH SAUSAGE & KALE
I was short on time but wanted to make an elegant dinner for my husband and me. That night, we ate this simple pasta starring spicy sausage and our homegrown kale. -Angela Lemoine, Howell, New Jersery
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook pasta according to package directions, decreasing time by 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 cups pasta water. Toss pasta with 2 teaspoons oil., In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking sausage into large crumbles. Add garlic and remaining oil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in kale, salt and pepper; cook, covered, over medium-low heat until kale is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally., Add pasta and reserved pasta water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until pasta is al dente and liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 512 calories, Fat 30g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 898mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
PASTA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PUMPKIN SAUCE
This a great way to use pumpkin in your cooking rather than your baking. The flavor of the pumpkin doesn't come out very strong and if you didn't know what was in it, you probably wouldn't even realize it was pumpkin. But it makes a great creamy pasta sauce with a different type of flavor.
Provided by jmcnutt28
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook and stir Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the meat is browned, breaking it into crumbles as it cooks, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir onion and garlic into sausage and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in campanelle and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Stir pumpkin puree, chicken broth, half-and-half, sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper into the sausage mixture and cook, stirring often, until sauce is creamy and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked campanelle pasta to a large pot and pour sausage and pumpkin mixture over pasta. Place over medium-high heat and gently stir until pasta mixture is heated through, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426.4 calories, Carbohydrate 51.4 g, Cholesterol 35.9 mg, Fat 16.8 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 845.7 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
SAUSAGE AND PUMPKIN PASTA
My family really enjoys this meal. Cubed leftover turkey may be substituted for sausage. Just add to the skillet with the cooked pasta for a fast meal. -Katie Wollgast, Florissant, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook pasta according to package directions., Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, pumpkin, wine, sage, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened., Drain pasta; add to the skillet and heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 38mg cholesterol, Sodium 733mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHEESY BAKED PUMPKIN PASTA WITH KALE
Arguably one of the coziest autumnal dishes you can make in under an hour, this cheesy pumpkin pasta doesn't rely on a roux. Instead, the sauce is made simply by blending canned pumpkin, cream and vegetable stock. And because the pasta bakes in a flash - just 10 to 15 minutes at 500 degrees - the most time-consuming part of the entire recipe is grating all that cheese.
Provided by Sarah Jampel
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 500 degrees and butter a shallow 2-quart/9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 4 minutes, adding the kale for the last minute. Drain the pasta and kale, rinse under cold water, then transfer to a large bowl along with the red-pepper flakes and the chopped herbs.
- In a blender, add the pumpkin, garlic, salt, pepper, cream and vegetable broth. Blend until smooth. (If you don't want to use a blender, add the pumpkin, salt and pepper to a large bowl and use a spoon to break it up into a smooth mixture. Slowly whisk in the cream and vegetable broth until mixture is smooth, then grate in the garlic.) Add the sauce to the bowl with the pasta. Add in most of the grated cheese, reserving about 1/2 cup, and stir to coat.
- Transfer the pasta into the baking dish, then dollop the ricotta over top and sprinkle remaining grated cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until brown and bubbly. If you want the pasta really browned, broil it for 3 to 5 minutes, watching carefully. Allow the dish to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and garnish with additional chopped herbs before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 739, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 65 grams, Fat 38 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 35 grams, SaturatedFat 21 grams, Sodium 657 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SAUSAGE, KALE & CHILLI PASTA
This simple sausage and kale pasta dish is perfect for feeding the family. Give it a modern twist by using orecchiette, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan. Brown the sausage with the fennel seeds on a medium heat for 6-7 mins until golden, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the garlic and chilli, and cook on a medium heat for 2 mins or until golden. Add the lemon juice and tomatoes, cook for 2 mins, then remove from the heat.
- Boil the pasta following pack instructions until al dente. Add the kale for the final 2 mins of cooking. Drain, saving the cooking liquid, then put the pasta and kale back in the saucepan to keep warm. Add about 100ml cooking liquid to the tomatoes. Heat up, pour over the pasta and toss together with the sausage, lemon zest and half the Parmesan. Serve in bowls with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 771 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 89 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
CREAMY KALE AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE PASTA
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook radiatori in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 to 12 minutes. Strain pasta from water (do NOT drain water). Place kale in the boiling water. Blanch for about 1 minute. Drain off water.
- Immediately drop kale in a bowl with ice water to stop the cooking. Drain off water, squeeze out excess liquid, and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Cut sausage into thin discs and sear in a pan over medium-high heat. Remove sausage discs and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into the same pan and add mushrooms, diced onion, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms have softened and onions are slightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Add chopped kale, sausage, marinara sauce, and chicken broth to the pan. Mix in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Simmer sauce down to your desired thickness if you like.
- Divide radiatori amongst serving bowls, and top with tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.9 calories, Carbohydrate 61 g, Cholesterol 46.3 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 699.1 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
More about "pasta with pumpkin sausage and kale recipes"
CREAMY SAUSAGE KALE PASTA - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND KALE PASTA - NUTMEG NANNY
PASTA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, KALE AND MUSHROOMS - GIMME SOME …
CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA WITH SAUSAGE & SAGE - PLATINGS
RECIPE: APPETIZING CREAMY PUMPKIN , SAUSAGE AND KALE 塞 PASTA ...
CREAMY SAUSAGE AND KALE PASTA - THE FUNNY MOMMA
PASTA WITH PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PUMPKIN SAUSAGE PASTA - JO COOKS
PASTA WITH PUMPKIN, SAUSAGE, AND CAVOLO NERO - FINECOOKING
PUMPKIN PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SAUSAGE AND KALE PASTA RECIPE - PREMIO
SPICY SAUSAGE KALE PASTA - THE FROZEN BISCUIT
PUMPKIN, KALE AND SAUSAGE LASAGNA - THE DARING GOURMET
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
GARLIC PARMESAN KALE PASTA WITH SAUSAGES - FOXY FOLKSY
CREAMY SAUSAGE AND KALE PASTA BAKE - AN EASY ONE DISH DINNER
FODY'S SAUSAGE, KALE + PUMPKIN BAKED ZITI
CREAMY PUMPKIN SAUSAGE MAC AND CHEESE WITH KALE (VIDEO RECIPE)
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE RECIPE
WHOLE-WHEAT CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE
GLUTEN FREE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE, KALE, AND CHICKPEAS RECIPE
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
PASTA WITH PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE | RECIPE | SAUSAGE KALE PASTA, …
PASTA WITH PUMPKIN AND KALE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
KALE AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA WITH PUMPKIN BéCHAMEL
10 BEST ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY PUMPKIN SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC KALE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
PASTA WITH PUMPKIN, SAUSAGE, AND CAVOLO NERO - RECIPE
PUMPKIN KALE TURKEY SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI PIE - DISHING OUT HEALTH
SAUSAGE AND KALE PASTA GOUSTO - SRCLAND.COM
CREAMY PUMPKIN GARLIC PASTA WITH TUSCAN KALE
EASY KALE AND SAUSAGE PASTA - MY EVERYDAY TABLE
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PUMPKIN PASTA RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUSAGE KALE PASTA - THIS ITALIAN KITCHEN
PAN SEARED GNOCCHI WITH SAUSAGE, MUSHROOM AND KALE RECIPE
PUMPKIN RAVIOLI WITH SAUSAGE, KALE, PINE NUTS, PARMESAN CHEESE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sausage Kale pasta?Sausage Kale Pasta is simple and quick dish using Italian sausage and fresh kale. You can use whatever smaller pasta you have on hand. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions, until just al dente. Reserve a ½ cup of pasta water.
How to cook Italian sausage for pasta?Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion has softened a little, a couple of minutes. Add the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the sausage is cooked through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Use a ladle to remove 2/3 cup pasta water from the pasta pot and add it to the skillet.
How to cook Kale pasta with pesto?Use a ladle to remove 2/3 cup pasta water from the pasta pot and add it to the skillet. Add the kale and cook until it has started to wilt, about 30 seconds, then add the pesto and cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring gently, until the sauce has thickened and the kale has wilted, about 3 minutes.
What to serve with pumpkin sausage?Combine sauce and pasta and toss over low heat for 1 minute. Garnish the pasta with lots of shaved cheese and sage leaves. Serve pumpkin sausage pasta with pumpernickel or whole grain bread and Spinach Salad with Apple and Red Onion. Place spinach, apple, and onion in a salad bowl.