SUMMER PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI, RICOTTA AND BASIL
A summer pasta should be simple and fresh, ideally made with vegetables straight from the garden or market. Look for the best artisanal ricotta; top-quality ingredients make all the difference here.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put a pot of water on to boil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the onions in 3 tablespoons olive oil until softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat as necessary to keep onions from browning. Add zucchini, season generously with salt and pepper, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until rather soft, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, use a mortar and pestle to pound garlic, basil and a little salt into a rough paste (or use a mini food processor). Stir in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Salt the pasta water well and put in the pasta, stirring. Boil per package instructions but make sure to keep pasta quite al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to zucchini in skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Add 1/2 cup cooking water, then the ricotta, crushed red pepper and lemon zest, stirring to distribute. Check seasoning and adjust. Cook for 1 minute more. Mixture should look creamy. Add a little more pasta water if necessary. Add the basil paste and half the grated cheese and quickly stir to incorporate. Spoon pasta into warm soup plates and sprinkle with additional cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 457, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 66 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 19 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 712 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams
ZUCCHINI RICOTTA PASTA SKILLET (COOKING FOR 2)
A one-pot pasta that strikes that hard-to-find balance between creamy and light, this meatless meal is satisfying without weighing you down. Fresh ricotta is the base for a silky and comforting cheese sauce, and zucchini brings texture, color and flavor that complement the pasta. Finish the dish with basil and lemon juice at the end of cooking for a bright pop of flavor that makes this dish memorable (and worthy of repeating)!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until zucchini begins to brown. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Remove from skillet.
- Add pasta and broth to same skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 11 to 13 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente. (There will be a little liquid left in the skillet.)
- Stir in ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and sautéed zucchini. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and basil. Transfer to serving bowl; garnish with more chopped basil, if desired. Serve with more Parmesan cheese on the side, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580, Carbohydrate 78 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 5 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 3/4 Cups, Sodium 1120 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH RICOTTA
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush two rimmed baking sheets with oil. Arrange zucchini in a single layer on sheets and brush tops with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast zucchini until tender and lightly golden in parts, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine according to package instructions. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add oil, lemon zest, and zucchini and toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with ricotta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 22 g
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI RICOTTA SAUCE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; when hot add zucchini, along with a large pinch of salt and a sprinkling of pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini begins to brown, then lower heat and cook until it is quite tender, about 15 minutes total. About 5 minutes before it is done, stir in garlic and begin to cook pasta.
- While pasta cooks, warm a serving bowl and put ricotta in it, along with about half the basil. When pasta is tender but not mushy, remove and drain it, reserving about a cup of its cooking liquid.
- Use as much of this liquid as necessary, a bit at a time, to thin ricotta until it reaches a saucy consistency. Toss with pasta, zucchini, remaining basil and Parmesan, if you are using it, then taste and adjust seasoning. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652.6, Fat 24.1, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 31.4, Sodium 65.2, Carbohydrate 96, Fiber 14.3, Sugar 1.8, Protein 17.1
ZUCCHINI RICOTTA BAKE
I have made this lasagna-like zucchini casserole frequently over the years and shared the recipe with many. Recently, my daughter had some heart trouble, so I adapted the recipe to cut fat and calories. We think this version is just as delicious. -Eleanor Hauserman, Huntsville, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices. Place in a basket over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam until just tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain; pat dry. , In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg substitute, 3 tablespoons bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons Parmesan, parsley, oregano, basil and pepper; set aside. , Spread a third of the spaghetti sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Cover with half of the zucchini, ricotta mixture and mozzarella. Repeat layers of sauce, zucchini, ricotta mixture and mozzarella. Cover with remaining sauce., Combine remaining crumbs and Parmesan; sprinkle over top. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown, 15 minutes longer. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 513mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PASTA WITH SEARED ZUCCHINI AND RICOTTA SALATA
My favorite summer pasta toppings split the difference between salad and sauce. They should be chunky and filled with plenty of vegetables and herbs like a pasta salad, yet still be thoroughly seasoned and well integrated. Ideally, the pasta-to-vegetable ratio should be about equal; light, bright and fresh is what I'm after. This recipe is an example.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil and cook farro pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and let heat for 30 seconds. Add zucchini in one layer and cook without touching or moving for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme, flip the zucchini and cook 3 more minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the skillet and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down. Stir in the al dente pasta, lemon zest and crumbled cheese. Season with freshly cracked black pepper and serve garnished with more fresh thyme, ricotta salata and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 279, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 318 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
BAKED ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH CREAMY RICOTTA
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook and stir until browned, crumbly, and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in marinara sauce and diced tomatoes; let simmer until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze zucchini noodles to get most of the water out. Add to the skillet and stir to combine. Add ricotta cheese in 1-tablespoon dollops around the skillet. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes to set up. Sprinkle with basil and red pepper flakes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.2 calories, Carbohydrate 26.9 g, Cholesterol 98.2 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 31.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 917.7 mg, Sugar 14.3 g
More about "pasta with zucchini ricotta sauce recipes"
ONE POT LEMON BUTTER RICOTTA AND ZUCCHINI PASTA.
RICOTTA PESTO PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI - SALT & BAKER
LEMON RICOTTA ZUCCHINI NOODLES - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
SPICY ZUCCHINI AND RICOTTA PASTA SHELLS RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND …
FETTUCCINE WITH RICOTTA AND DILL SAUCE BEST RECIPES
ZUCCHINI LEMON BASIL RICOTTA PASTA - RECIPE RUNNER
PASTA CON ZUCCHINI WITH RICOTTA AND PARMESAN - DARN …
CREAMY RICOTTA AND ZUCCHINI PASTA - I HEART VEGETABLES
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI CREAM AND RICOTTA - BLOG DI FLAVORSOFITALY
PASTA WITH RICOTTA ZUCCHINI SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
ZUCCHINI RECIPE PASTA AND RICOTTA - YOUR GUARDIAN CHEF
PASTA WITH PEAS, RICOTTA AND PISTACHIO | RACHAEL RAY
SPAGHETTI IN ZUCCHINI AND RICOTTA SAUCE - DONNAFUGATA RECIPE
ZUCCHINI RICOTTA ROLL-UPS WITH MARINARA SAUCE - GIRLS WHO EAT
PASTA WITH RICOTTA & ZUCCHINI FLOWERS - COOKING WITH NONNA
SPICY FREGOLA WITH ZUCCHINI, CORN AND RICOTTA CHEESE | RACHAEL RAY
21 RIDICULOUSLY CREAMY RICOTTA PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY ZUCCHINI ROLLS WITH RICOTTA & PESTO SAUCE - ITALIAN RECIPE BOOK
10 BEST PASTA SAUCE WITH RICOTTA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASTA WITH RICOTTA - MANGIA BEDDA
PASTA E RICOTTA - COOKING WITH NONNA
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI, RICOTTA AND BASIL | A MENU FOR YOU
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI, RICOTTA CHEESE, & BASIL PESTO
20-MINUTE TAGLIATELLE WITH FRIED ZUCCHINI AND AGED RICOTTA
LEMON RICOTTA ZUCCHINI PASTA - SUGAR SALTED
BAKED ZUCCHINI PASTA - SLENDER KITCHEN
ZUCCHINI AND RICOTTA PASTA SAUCE - MY FOOD MEMOIRS
PASTA WITH RICOTTA AND PAN-FRIED TOMATO SAUCE
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI 3 WAYS - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
ZUCCHINI AND RICOTTA PASTA | DONNA HAY
12 ITALIAN PASTA WITH RICOTTA RECIPES - THE PASTA PROJECT
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, RICOTTA & PINE NUTS
PASTA WITH CREAMY ZUCCHINI SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
SUMMER PASTA WITH RICOTTA AND ZUCCHINI - RECIPES
CREAMY ZUCCHINI, TOMATO & RICOTTA PASTA - DINNERS, DISHES, AND …
STUFFED RICOTTA & ZUCCHINI PASTA BAKE WITH TOMATO SAUCE
PASTA ZUCCHINI RICOTTA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ZUCCHINI MARINARA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST ZUCCHINI AND RICOTTA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMONY RICOTTA PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI AND ARUGULA - PINA BRESCIANI
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #vegetables #easy #european #kosher #vegetarian #italian #cheese #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #penne #squash
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook zucchini pasta with ricotta?Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Add cooked pasta to zucchini in skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Add ½ cup cooking water, then the ricotta, crushed red pepper and lemon zest, stirring to distribute. Check seasoning and adjust.
How to cook zucchini and linguine for pasta?Arrange zucchini in a single layer on sheets and brush tops with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast zucchini until tender and lightly golden in parts, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine according to package instructions.
What is the best way to cook zucchini?Preheat oven to 350°. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices. Place in a basket over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam until just tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain; pat dry. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg substitute, 3 tablespoons bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons Parmesan, parsley, oregano, basil and pepper; set aside.
How to cook zucchini Spaghetti squash?Directions Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg substitute, 3 tablespoons bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons Parmesan, parsley, oregano, basil and pepper; set aside. Spread a third of the spaghetti sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.