CORN AND BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD
Provided by Sandra Lee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine the black-eyed peas, pepper stir fry, corn, garlic, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning and honey mustard dressing. Stir to make sure everything is evenly coated. Cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
CORN & PEA SALAD
- dice all veggies, add to drained corn and peas.
- combine together oil, sweetner, and vinegar.
- combine all ingredients in large bowl, mix completely refrigerate and serve chilled!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.3, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 10.5, Carbohydrate 10.1, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.2, Protein 1.6
ROASTED CORN AND CHICKPEA SALAD
Chickpeas and corn are roasted with coriander and then tossed with cherry tomatoes, scallions and a Dijon vinaigrette.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the corn and chickpeas in a medium bowl. Add the coriander, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a couple turns of pepper and mix well. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the vinegar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Add the corn mixture, tomatoes and scallions and toss to combine.
You'll need just five ingredients for this cool salad that's nicely sized for two people. "I like trying new recipes," shares Katie Anderson from Cheney, Washington. "When I found this salad, I loved it. It's really nice on those hot summer days."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, cheese and onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, Fat 31g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 483mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
GREEN BEAN, CORN AND PEA MARINATED SALAD
- Drain the green beans, and corn over a colinder, then place in a glass bowl with the cooked peas, green pepper and sliced onions.
- In a saucepan heat sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring continuously ONLY until the sugar dissolves completely (do not boil for a long time).
- Remove from heat and pour over the veggies.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646.4, Fat 28.9, SaturatedFat 3.8, Sodium 748.5, Carbohydrate 94.3, Fiber 10.1, Sugar 60.4, Protein 9.3
FIELD PEA AND CORN SALAD
When Southerners like Birmingham chef Frank Stitt talk about field peas, they mean small shelling beans, such as black-eyed peas. (Crowder peas and lady peas also qualify, but they're less common.) When field peas are fresh, in summer, Chef Stitt, a 1999 Workshop attendee, shows them off in this salad, tossing them with grilled corn cut from the cob, tomato, grilled red onion, and herbs. Serve the salad when you're also grilling salmon, sausages, or pork chops, or with Brian's Grilled Mahimahi with Preserved Lemon Butter (page 113). If you can't find fresh black-eyed peas, use dried ones, soaked overnight, then simmered gently until tender.
Yield serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill to high. Grill the corn, turning often, until the husks are charred in spots and the kernels undergo the color change that indicates that they are cooked, about 10 minutes. (Peel back the husks and check a few kernels to be sure.) When the corn is cool enough to handle, husk it and cut the kernels from the cob. Place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Brush the onion slices lightly with olive oil on both sides. Grill the onion on both sides until charred in spots and lightly softened, about 5 minutes. Dice neatly and place in the bowl with the corn.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently. Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour, then serve.
CORN AND SNAP PEA SALAD
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook corn and snap peas until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain vegetables; rinse under cold water, and dry. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add Parmesan, mint, scallions, oil, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 g, Fat 7 g, Protein 6 g
QUICK CRUNCHY PEA SALAD
Frozen peas are a handy base for this good-tasting salad. It's also a great dish for a potluck because it can be made ahead. Everyone enjoys this when I serve it.-Mary Reid Fisher, Brownwood, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and seasoned salt if desired; mix well. Add to pea mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts :
PASTA SALAD WITH PEAS AND CORN
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes. Drain and let cool in the refrigerator, at least 15 minutes.
- Mix cooled pasta with ranch dressing, peas, corn, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.2 calories, Carbohydrate 37.1 g, Cholesterol 10.5 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 411.7 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
More about "pea corn salad recipes"
CRUNCHY CORN AND PEA SALAD RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4.5/5 (18)Category Side DishServings 12Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
FRESH PEA AND CORN SALAD | SAVEUR
BEST PEA SALAD RECIPE EVER! - MOM FOODIE
CORN AND SNAP PEA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CORN AND PEA PASTA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED CORN AND SNAP PEA SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEA CORN SALAD - RECIPES - PAGE 8 | COOKS.COM
PEA SALAD WITH BACON AND CORN RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
196 EASY AND TASTY PEA AND CORN SALAD RECIPES BY HOME …
MARINATED ENGLISH PEA AND CORN SALAD | RECIPELION.COM
CORN AND BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD - RICARDO CUISINE
MARINATED SALAD ~ SOMETIMES CALLED SHOEPEG CORN SALAD
PEA CORN SALAD RECIPE
GREEN BEANS, CORN, AND PEA SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST PEA SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEA SALAD
10 BEST CARROTS PEAS CORN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEN PEA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CORN AND BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD - PACE FOODS
SWEET AND SOUR MARINATED ENGLISH PEA AND CORN SALAD
FRESH CORN SALAD - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
SNOW PEA AND CORN SALAD | GEORGIANCOOK
CREAMY CORN & PEA PASTA SALAD - GIMME DELICIOUS
CHICKPEA, CORN & RED PEPPER SALAD WITH HONEY-LIME VINAIGRETTE
THE BEST PEA SALAD - EASY & DELICIOUS! | MOM ON TIMEOUT
10 CORN SALAD RECIPES TO TRY THIS SUMMER | SOUTHERN LIVING
BLACK EYED PEA SALAD (EASY!) | VANILLA AND BEAN
CORN AND PEA SALAD WITH CINNAMON-TOASTED PECANS RECIPE
10 BEST FROZEN PEA AND CORN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHITE CORN AND BABY PEA SALAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
MARINATED PEA AND CORN SALAD - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST EVER CREAMY PEA SALAD WITH BACON | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SWEET CORN AND CHICKPEA SALAD - AMANDA'S COOKIN'
BLACK-EYED PEA, CORN AND RICE SALAD - RECIPES
SHOEPEG CORN PEA SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BLACK-EYED PEA AND CORN SALAD WITH SPINACH - THE SUBURBAN …
SUGAR SNAP PEA AND CORN SALAD - THEKITTCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a salad with peas?Getting five a day is fun and easy with salads like this one: cool, colorful and crunchy! Cook peas until crisp-tender as directed on package. Drain; rinse with cold water to cool. In large bowl, combine peas and all remaining salad ingredients; mix well. In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Add to salad; toss to mix.
How do you make salad dressing with corn on the cob?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Place the corn or peas on a plate and pat dry using paper towel/s then place in a bowl with onions, cucumbers and celery (DO NOT add in the tomatoes you will add them in just before serving) toss to combine. Mix all the dressing ingredients together until well combined.
How to cook corn on the cob with snap peas?Add the corn and a pinch of kosher salt. Roast the corn for about five minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until all sides of the kernels are lightly toasted and slightly caramelized. Next, slice about five whole snap peas into rings and add them to a small bowl.
What is in a corn salad?This fresh and flavorful salad features buttery yellow corn tossed with chunks of tomato and onion with a fresh basil vinaigrette. Beans, corn, scallions, bell peppers and onions are mixed together and napped with a vinaigrette dressing that has had a few niceties added: cilantro, pepper, cayenne and cumin.