PEAR BUTTER RECIPE
- Place pears, sugar, all spice and nutmeg into slow cooker and mix. Turn on high and cook for 4 -5 hours, until pear pieces are very soft. Once cooked, cool enough to mix with immersion blender, or pour into regular blender. Blend to desired texture. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Pour into jars to store in fridge or freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 32 calories, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 0 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 0 grams protein, SaturatedFat 0 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 4 tbsp, Sodium 1 milligrams sodium, Sugar 6 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams unsaturated fat
BASIC PEAR BUTTER
- Place pears in a food processor or blender; puree until smooth.
- Measure 3 cups pureed pears into a saucepan. Add sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bubbling, about 15 minutes. Stir in cinnamon. Cook, stirring frequently, until thick, about 15 minutes more.
- Immerse a 1-pint jar in simmering water for 5 minutes. Wash lid and ring in warm soapy water. Fill hot jar with pear mixture. Seal and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47.1 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 0.4 mg, Sugar 10.1 g
- Simmer pear halves and brandy in a saucepan for 20 minutes over medium heat. In a separate saucepan, combine sugar, zest, and orange juice. Set aside. When pears are soft, transfer to a blender and puree*. Add puree to saucepan and simmer for 1 1/2 hours over low heat, stirring occasionally. Pear butter is ready when all the liquid has evaporated and the consistency is very thick. If canning, follow USDA guidelines for canning.
- *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.
Pear butter is lightly scented with orange and nutmeg. This is an old recipe from a dear friend. Its taste is so good in toast or even on top of steak or chicken.
Provided by SUNFLOWER71
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place pears into a large pot over medium heat, and add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pot and keep them from sticking, about 1/2 cup. Cook until the pears are soft, about 30 minutes. Press pears through a sieve or food mill, and measure out 2 quarts of the pulp.
- Pour the pear pulp and sugar into a large saucepan and stir to dissolve sugar. Stir in the orange zest, nutmeg and orange juice. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick enough to mound in a spoon. When the mixture begins to thicken, stir frequently to prevent scorching on the bottom. This will take about 1 hour.
- Ladle the pear butter into hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace. Remove air bubbles by sliding a metal spatula around where the pear butter touches the glass. Wipe jar rims clean, and seal with lids and rings. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. The water should cover the jars by 1 inch. Check with your local extension for exact processing times for your area.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 0.6 mg, Sugar 18.2 g
This recipe I found in Ball recipe book Tweaked a lot.I used my vita mix so I didn't need to cook, peel or seed my pears.I just pureed them then cooked with rest of ingredients. If you need to you can peel, seed and cook to soften the pears then puree in food processor. I just like the idea of all the vitamins and fiber I get to have because of this method. The prep time is what it took me from start(fruit) to finish(butter). This can be used on bread, waffles,pour it on a layer of cream cheese for a cracker spread,serve with a pork roast or turkey. Try it straight out of the jar.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 10 pints
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash 8-10 pint jars in hot soapy water or in dish washer.
- Keep hot until needed.
- Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- Place in a 6-quart pot.
- Pour orange juice over fruit.
- Stir in orange peel, sugar, spices and seed of vanilla bean.
- Use a hand blender if need be to get a nice smooth puree.
- Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Ladle into hot jars 1 at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Release trapped air.
- Wipe rim of jars with a clean damp cloth.
- Attach lid.
- Place in canner.
- Process in a boiling-water bath.
- For 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 586.2, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 4.9, Carbohydrate 153.2, Fiber 14.3, Sugar 126.6, Protein 1.9
SLOW-COOKER PEAR BUTTER
This is a tasty spread for toast, muffins, biscuits or any of your favorite breads. It is easy to make and has a rich pear flavor with hints of cinnamon, star anise and lemon. -Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place spices on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, toss remaining ingredients. Add spice bag, covering with pears., Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until pears are tender. Remove spice bag., Puree pear mixture using an immersion blender. Or, cool slightly and puree mixture in a blender in batches; return to slow cooker., Cook, uncovered, on high 1-2 hours or until mixture is thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Store cooled pear butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pear butter in freezer containers up to 3 months. Liquids expand as they freeze, so leave extra room at the top of the freezer container. To use, thaw in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 41 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 2mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
More about "pear butter recipes"
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.5/5 (42)Total Time 3 hrs 40 minsCategory Canning, Jams And Jellies, Jam, PearCalories 29 per serving
TRADITIONAL PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (22)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Breakfast, Jam / JellyCalories 20 per serving
HOMEMADE SPICED PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - PREMEDITATED LEFTOVERS
HOW TO MAKE PEAR BUTTER THE EASY WAY IN YOUR SLOW COOKER
THIS CRANBERRY PEAR BUTTER DESERVES A SPOT ON YOUR BREAKFAST TABLE
DELIGHTFULLY SMOOTH PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BROWN SUGAR PEAR BUTTER - USA PEARS
APPLE PEAR BUTTER (SLOW COOKER RECIPE WITH ALTERNATE COOKING …
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - SAVORING THE GOOD®
CROCK POT PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
PEAR BUTTER IN THE CROCK POT | A BAKER'S HOUSE
SLOW COOKER PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - CANNING 101 - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
EASY PEAR BUTTER - GIMME SOME OVEN
PEAR BUTTER CAKE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
PERFECT PEAR BUTTER | MY HEART BEETS
PEAR BUTTER | RICARDO
SUPER MOIST PEAR CAKE RECIPE, EASY AND DELICIOUS - COOKIN' WITH …
HOMEMADE PEAR BUTTER RECIPE ⋆ HOMEMADE FOR ELLE
EASY PEAR BUTTER IN THE SLOW COOKER - TEASPOON OF SPICE
55 DELICIOUS PEAR RECIPES YOU’LL MAKE AGAIN AND AGAIN
EASY PEAR BUTTER - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
PEAR BUTTER | CANADIAN LIVING
PEAR BUTTER - FARM BELL RECIPES
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE IN A SLOW COOKER - SIMPLYCANNING
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PEAR BUTTER - FLYPEACHPIE
CARAMEL PEAR BUTTER - THE DARING GOURMET
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE - THE FLOUR HANDPRINT
8 EASY CANNED PEAR RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
EASY PEAR BUTTER RECIPE (INSTANT POT, SLOW COOKER, OR STOVE TOP)
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE | VINTAGE MIXER
CINNAMON PEAR BUTTER | RICARDO
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE | THE COTTAGE SMALLHOLDER
SLOW COOKER PEAR BUTTER - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
SPICED CROCK POT PEAR BUTTER | COMEBACK MOMMA
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR BUTTER – FOOD IN JARS
PEAR BUTTER RECIPE | EASY + CROCKPOT | CHASING VIBRANCE
SLOW COOKER PEAR BUTTER (NO PEELING, NO ADDED SUGAR)
PEAR BUTTER | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
14 EASY PEAR RECIPES FOR ANY OCCASION - HOW TO COOK WITH PEARS
HOMEMADE PEAR BUTTER | HOW TO CAN PEARS | PEAR RECIPES
#course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #jams-and-preserves #condiments-etc #low-fat #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #equipment
You'll also love