FRIED PECAN OKRA
Looking for delicious appetizers made using pecans and Original Bisquick® mix? Then try this fried okra recipe.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased shallow pan, arrange pecans in even layer. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In food processor, place toasted pecans, Bisquick mix, salt and pepper. Cover; process until pecans are finely ground. Transfer pecan mixture to large bowl. In another large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add okra and toss to coat. Add okra to pecan mixture and toss to coat. Gently press pecan mixture into okra.
- In Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet, heat 2 inches oil to 350°F. Carefully drop okra, in batches, into hot oil. Fry 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden; drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fat 4, Fiber 3 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 590 mg
PECAN CRUSTED FRIED OKRA
Pecan Crusted Fried Okra fries up crispy and crunchy with a wonderful nutty flavor. The sliced okra is coated in ground pecans mixed with flour and cornmeal plus a little cayenne pepper. It fries up fantastically golden in just a few minutes.
Provided by Christin Mahrlig
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Process pecans in a food processor until finely ground.
- Combine pecans with flour, cornmeal, salt, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Pour about 2 inches of peanut oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet. Cast iron is perfect but any quality skillet will do.Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Place okra in bowl with egg mixture and stir to coat okra well.
- Toss about 8 pieces of okra at a time in the flour mixture.
- Fry okra in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Season with a little more salt.
- In a small bowl, soak okra in egg for 5 to 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge okra in the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly. Carefully place okra in hot oil; stir continuously. Reduce heat to medium when okra first starts to brown, and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 167.3 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
SOUTHERN FRIED OKRA
Golden brown with a little fresh green showing through, this fried okra recipe is crunchy and addicting! My sons like to dip them in ketchup. -Pam Duncan, Summers, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pat okra dry with paper towels. Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, seasoning blend and pepper. Dip okra in buttermilk, then roll in cornmeal mixture., In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry okra, a few pieces at a time, for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368 calories, Fat 31g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 410mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
OVEN FRIED OKRA
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet or sheet pan.
- Cook the frozen okra in the microwave using your microwave's frozen vegetable setting, or on high for 8 minutes. Drain and cool on paper towels, about 5 to 10 minutes. Spray generously with butter flavored cooking spray. Add the cornmeal, panko bread crumbs, garlic salt, and pepper to a plastic food storage bag. Place the okra into the bag and shake to coat the okra with the cornmeal mixture.
- Remove the okra from the bag and spread it on the prepared baking rack. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Fat 2 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 263.5 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
PECAN FRIED OKRA
My great grandpa grew okra in his garden. that meant every summer we would havethis treat often. the pecans make it different from other fried okra recipes i've seen
Provided by GingerlyJ
Yield 1 1/2 pounds, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- place pecans in an even layer in a shallow pan.
- bake at 350 fpr 10 minutes.
- process pecans, bisquick and salt and pepper in a food processor.
- place mixture in a large bowl, add okra and toss to coat.
- fry in oil until golden an drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.8, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 0.5, Sodium 583.5, Carbohydrate 21.2, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 4, Protein 4.5
Oh this is so so good. This is the best fried okra I've ever had. My mother in law doesn't fix her okra any other way and I swear it's so good it could even be served as a FABULOUS APPY!!! Please give it a try, I promise you will not regret it.
Provided by Parkers Mom
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Drizzle buttermilk over cut okra.
- Place dry pancake mix in a batter bowl and shake until coated well.
- Fry about 1 tablespoon at the time and fry until golden brown.
- Salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.1, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 7.4, Sodium 412.9, Carbohydrate 25.7, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 1, Protein 4.3
More about "pecan fried okra recipes"
PAN-FRIED OKRA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RECIPE: PECAN FRIED OKRA - COMMUNITY FARMERS MARKETS
PECAN CRUSTED FRIED OKRA RECIPE | YUMMLY
10 BEST CANNED OKRA RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRIED OKRA | RICARDO
PAN FRIED OKRA - QUICHE MY GRITS
RECIPES FOR FRIED PECAN OKRA WITH GROCERY LISTS AND NUTRITIONAL …
PAN FRIED OKRA RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
CRISPY FRIED OKRA | FOODTALK
FRIED PECAN OKRA - SOUTHERN RECIPES
FRIED OKRA - WHIP IT LIKE BUTTER
FRIED OKRA! - SWEET TEA AND CORNBREAD
PECAN CRUSTED OKRA FRIES - CLEANSOUTHERNCUISINE.COM
FRIED PECAN OKRA RECIPE | SAY MMM
RECIPES | FRIED PECAN OKRA | WHAT'S FOR DINNER KENYA
BEST SOUTHERN FRIED OKRA RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE FRIED OKRA
SOUTHERN FRIED OKRA RECIPE - BLACKPEOPLESRECIPES.COM
PAN FRIED OKRA RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
PECAN CRUSTED FRIED OKRA | RECIPE | OKRA, SOUTHERN APPETIZERS, …
PECAN ENCRUSTED FRIED OKRA - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
FRIED PECAN OKRA | RECIPE | YUMMY APPETIZERS, OKRA, RECIPES
FRIED OKRA WITH PECAN BREADING RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
FRIED PECAN OKRA – GANAS PECAN COMPANY
FRIED OKRA - CULINARY HILL
FRIED PECAN OKRA | RECIPE | OKRA RECIPES, BEST OKRA RECIPE, RECIPES
FRIED PECAN OKRA - SOUTHERN RECIPES
FRIED OKRA RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET COOKING SHOW
FRIED PECAN OKRA | OKRA | BOSTON ORGANICS
FRIED OKRA - A TRUE SOUTHERN DELICACY - SOUTHERN EATS & GOODIES
WHOLE FRIED OKRA RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
PARMESAN-PECAN FRIED CATFISH WITH PICKLED OKRA SALSA - PLAIN.RECIPES
CRUNCHY OVEN-FRIED OKRA - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
You'll also love