PENNE ALLA PANNA
This is a very tasty and quick pasta meal. I got the recipe years ago when I was still at school and went home with one of my friends to have dinner at her house. Her family traveled to Tuscany every year and this was their version of a pasta dish they had eaten there. Serve with a side salad and some crusty bread. You can use any type of pasta really if you haven't got penne pasta, it's really nice with tortellini as well.
Provided by -Sylvie-
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- On a high heat, quickly fry the ham or prosciutto until starting to brown, keep stirring it continuously to stop it from burning.
- Turn down to a low heat or if cooking on an electric hob turn it off, pour in 250 ml of cream.
- Add the cayenne pepper and stir in the parmesan.
- If the sauce seems really thick add some more cream, the pasta shouldn't be dry, but neither should it swim in sauce.
- Stir in the pasta and serve straight away.
PENNE ALLA VODKA
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Saute the garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft. Pour in the vodka, being careful if your stove has an open flame (remove the pan from the heat before adding). Cook and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes, then pour in the tomato puree. Stir the mixture until it's thoroughly combined, then reduce the heat to low. Pour in the heavy cream. Stir to combine, then turn heat to the lowest simmer possible. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and add salt and pepper to taste. Finally, stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Pour the drained pasta into the sauce and toss to combine. Sprinkle on the Parmesan, then sprinkle on more red pepper flakes if desired.
THMV: PENNE ALLA PANNA WITH HIDDEN VEG
Penne Alla Panna has been my number one choice for pasta ever since I was a little girl, even now as an adult if I am feeling naughty I will order it and feel guilty later. I wanted to tackle creating a healthier version for The Healthy Mix V, by relying on predominantly water, chicken stock concentrate, and hidden veg-with a significantly reduced amount of cream. I highly recommend making the chicken stock concentrate ahead of time for this dish, [...]
Provided by Skinnymixers
Number Of Ingredients 8
- This recipe is exclusive to The Healthy Mix V - shop.skinnymixers.com
PENNE A LA CARBONARA
- Heat a large saute pan, until hot. Add pancetta and saute until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- In a large pot, boil 6 quarts of salted boiling water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander. Do not rinse with water; you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick. While the pasta is still hot, return it back to the pot. Add the browned pancetta and mix well. Add the cream mixture and coat the pasta completely. It's important to work quickly while the pasta is still warm so that the cream mixture will cook, but not curdle. Add remaining Parmesan and chopped parsley.
PENNE ALLA NORMA
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain pasta; return to pot.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant to skillet; season generously with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until eggplant begins to release juices, about 5 minutes. Uncover; cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes (if bottom of pan browns too much, add a few tablespoons water, and scrape with spoon).
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1/4 cup water to skillet; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Toss sauce and basil with pasta; gently reheat if necessary. Top each serving with a spoonful of ricotta, and garnish with more basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481 g, Fat 14 g, Protein 15 g
PENNE ALLA VODKA PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, onion, ground beef, salt, pepper, crushed tomato, vodka, red chili flake, heavy cream, penne pasta, fresh parsley, Parmesan
Provided by Tasty
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Cook onion until translucent.
- Add beef, salt, and pepper, cooking until all the moisture has evaporated and the beef is browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vodka, and chili flakes, stirring and cooking until half of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has reduced.
- Add cream, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in pasta until evenly coated.
- Serve with parsley and parmesan.
- Nutrition Calories: 1753 Fat: 69 grams Carbs: 193 grams Fiber: 13 grams Sugars: 22 grams Protein: 93 grams
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1718 calories, Carbohydrate 194 grams, Fat 60 grams, Fiber 13 grams, Protein 81 grams, Sugar 22 grams
PENNE ALLA PANNA
- BOIL PASTA (YOU CAN USE ANY TYPE BUT PENNE IS GOOD) AND CHOP UP BACON TO SMALL PIECES AND ONION CHOPPED ALSO. CHOP UP THE GARLIC AND THE BROCCOLI. (CAN ALSO SUBSTITUTE FOR MUSHROOMS) INTO SMALL PIECES AND FRY THEM ALTOGETHER. POUR IN THE CREAM AND STIR UNTIL COOKED. YOU CAN ADD SOME FLOUR FOR THICKENING THE SAUCE IF YOU WISH. POUR OVER THE PASTA IN THE POT AND STIR IT ALL UP SO ALL THE PASTA IS COVERED WITH THE CREAMY SAUCE. BON APPETITE!
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Info Servings Per Recipe 7 Amount Per Serving Calories
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl; mix in shrimp and prosciutto.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Brush olive oil over chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 5 minutes per side. Cool briefly before slicing into strips. Add to the penne mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Prepare the sauce by melting butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cover, and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in Marsala wine and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, milk, chicken broth, cornstarch, mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the penne mixture and mix well. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and paprika over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top slightly browns, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635.5 calories, Carbohydrate 47.1 g, Cholesterol 187.9 mg, Fat 36.6 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 29.2 g, SaturatedFat 20.5 g, Sodium 753.4 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
EASY CREAMY PARMESAN RIGATONI (RIGATONI ALLA PANNA)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain and return to the pot (do not rinse the cooked pasta) add in the butter, toss to combine.
- Meanwhile warm the cream in a small saucepan over low heat; then add to the cooked pasta along with the grated cheese; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 699.8, Fat 30.2, SaturatedFat 17.1, Cholesterol 173.8, Sodium 435.8, Carbohydrate 82.8, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 2.2, Protein 24.4
PENNE ALLA NORMA
- Char the eggplants and the tomatoes over the coals of a grill. Skin and chop them, discarding the tomato seeds.
- Soften the onion with the garlic in the olive oil. Add the eggplant and the tomatoes and simmer them gently over low heat for about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then stir in the basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, bring six quarts of water to a roiling boil. Add the penne and cook until the pasta is al dente. Drain and put the penne in a serving bowl with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Toss and add the sauce, mix well and sprinkle with basil leaves. Pass the ricotta salata separately at the table.
PENNE ALLA VODKA
This easy and impressive pasta is always on the menu when my husband and I have new friends over for dinner. Years later, they've asked me to make this Penne alla Vodka recipe again. -Cara Langer, Overland Park, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook pasta according to package directions., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally., Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504 calories, Fat 19g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 966mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
More about "penne alla panna recipes"
PENNE ALL'ARRABBIATA CON PANNA RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PENNE …
PENNE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PENNE ALL'ARRABBIATA RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PENNE ALLA VODKA | RECIPES
PENNE ALLA BOSCAIOLA - COOKING WITH NONNA
ALLA PANNA SAUCE RECIPE | LOVETOKNOW
PENNE ROSA - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
PENNE ALLA PANNA/QUICK,EASY,DELICIOUS - YOUTUBE
PENNE ALL'ARRABBIATA CON PANNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA | CAMILA MADE
PENNE ALLA VODKA - PREPPY KITCHEN
WHAT IS ALLA PANNA SAUCE? ⋆ WE WANT THE SAUCE
PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - VINCENZO'S PLATE
PENNE ARRABBIATA (SPICY PENNE PASTA) - GIALLOZAFFERANO RECIPES
TORTELLINI ALLA PANNA - MY SEQUINED LIFE
PENNE ALLA NORCINA RECIPE | THE RECIPE HUNTERS IN ITALY
PENNE ALLA PUTTANESCA | BARILLA CANADA
PENNE ALLA PANNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ALLA PANNA SAUCE RECIPE ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CLASSIC ITALIAN TORTELLINI ALLA PANNA AN EASY PASTA WITH CREAM RECIPE
PENNE ALLA VODKA (BEST VODKA SAUCE!) - COOKING CLASSY
PENNE ALLA VODKA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
EASY PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE - SPLASH OF TASTE - VEGETARIAN RECIPES
PENNE ALLA NORMA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
PENNE ALLA PANNA - LUNCH RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
THE BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA RECIPE • SALT & LAVENDER
PENNE ALLA ROSé - THE WOKS OF LIFE
PENNE ALLA NORMA | ITALIAN RECIPES | GOODTO
20+ EASY PENNE PASTA RECIPES | LIL' LUNA
TORTELLINI ALLA PANNA - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES BY CHEF JOEL ...
PENNE WITH PANCETTA, PROVOLONE AND SALAMI (PENNE ALLA SILANA)
PENNE ALLA VODKA | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
ALLA PANNA SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #pasta #easy #european #beginner-cook #italian #dietary #low-sodium #inexpensive #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #penne
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook alla panna pasta?Cook pasta according to package directions. Divide pasta into four servings and pour warm sauce on top. Note: By adding 1 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to step 3, above, you will have an Alfredo sauce. Alla panna simply means "with cream sauce" in Italian. This cream sauce can be likened to a French béchamel except no flour is used.
What is the recipe for alla panna sauce?Ingredients for Alla Panna Sauce Recipe. Yield: 2 cups (enough for 4 servings with pasta) 8 ounces butter. 4 minced garlic cloves or chopped shallots (optional) 2 cups heavy cream. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (optional) Salt and pepper to taste.
How do you cook penne pasta?Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl; mix in shrimp and prosciutto. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
What is tortellini alla panna?Tortellini alla Panna is a luxuriously creamy pasta dish made with cream, butter, and parmesan cheese sauce, fresh herbs, stuffed tortellini, frozen peas, and sliced prosciutto. This entire pasta with cream dish comes together in less than 30 minutes and is loved by everyone!