BAKED PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes short of al dente; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Halve each piece lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium. Add flour and garlic; cook, whisking, 1 minute. While whisking, gradually add milk; bring to a simmer, whisking frequently. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Off heat, gradually stir in provolone and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Add chicken and pasta to pot; season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, until top is golden and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 636 g, Fat 26 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 38 g
PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
PENNE CHICKEN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
"The use of precooked chicken and sauce that comes in a jar make this dish fast and easy to assemble." The sun-dried tomatoes give this cheesy casserole a sophisticated feel; it's great for company. -Robin Klawinski of Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook pasta according to package directions. , In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. , Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Freeze Option: Before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535 calories, Fat 29g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 136mg cholesterol, Sodium 1566mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl, add 1/2-cup boiling water and set the bowl aside for the tomatoes to reconstitute. Fill a large pot with water, and bring it to a boil.
- Combine the chicken and wine in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove and shred the chicken, reserving the cooking juices.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes, and slice them thin.
- Pour the reserved cooking juices from the chicken into a saute pan. Add the shallot, mushrooms, peas and tomatoes. Saute over low heat for a few minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the vegetables are wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and cover it to keep the vegetables warm.
- Add the penne to the boiling water in the large pot, and cook over high heat to desired doneness, 8 to 12 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Preheat a small heavy saucepan for about 1 minute over medium heat; then spray it twice with the vegetable oil. Toss in the garlic and flour; then, whisk in the evaporated milk. Add the nutmeg and red pepper flakes. Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a boil, and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until thickened. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, and stir in basil.
- Drain the cooked pasta, and transfer to a warm serving bowl. Add the chicken, vegetables and sauce. Season with salt, if desired, and toss. Garnish with olive slices.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 388, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 23 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 128 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO AND CHICKEN
I saw this recipe being made on "Everyday Italian" on the food network. The original recipe did not call for chicken, but I think it needed a little meat to make it extra yummy. Enjoy!
Provided by Juju Bee
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite (al dente), stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop cooked chicken.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are very finely chopped.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl and stir in the Parmesan and the chicken.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season the pasta to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.2, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 40.3, Sodium 315.2, Carbohydrate 66.6, Fiber 10.7, Sugar 0.1, Protein 22.2
LIGHT PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN
A distinctive filling dish full of flavor with only 4.1g fat per serving! Most of the prep and cooking are done at the same time.
Provided by ChipotleChick
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If using cellophane wrapped sundried tomatoes, reconstitute in a small bowl with the boiling water.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil while cooking the rest of the recipe.
- Place the chicken and wine in a shallow baking dish, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Shred chicken and reserve cooking juices.
- Drain the sundried tomatoes and chop them fine.
- Pour the chicken cooking juices into a small saucepan.
- Add the shallot, mushrooms, peas, and tomatoes.
- Saute on low a few minutes until liquid is absorbed and vegetables are wilted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Cover to keep veggies warm.
- Add Penne to the boiling water and cook to desired consistency, 8-10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat a heavy small saucepan on medium for 1 minute, then coat twice with cooking spray.
- Add garlic and flour, then whisk in evaporated skim milk.
- Add the nutmeg and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk constantly and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook another 5 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and add basil.
- Drain cooked pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, veggies, and sauce.
- Toss and garnish with black olives.
More about "penne with sun dried tomatoes and chicken recipes"
CHICKEN PENNE PASTA WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES - SUGAR SALT …
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 565 per serving
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water to packet instructions. Drain, but reserve a cup of the cooking water. Sprinkle a little olive oil over the pasta, mix through and set aside.
- Season the chicken breast strips with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken breast strips and saute until turning golden. Set aside.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan until the mushrooms start to turn golden then add the garlic and sundried tomatoes. Saute, stirring for another minute or so before adding the butter. Mix it through until melted and combined.
- Return the chicken to the pan along with the stock and cream. Mix well and bring to a simmer. When it thickens slightly, add the parmesan and mix through until melted and mixed through.
10 BEST CHICKEN PENNE PASTA SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPES …
THE FAMOUS PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND SUN DRIED …
CHICKEN PESTO PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - THE …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA WITH CHICKEN AND MOZZARELLA
CHICKEN SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA - THE SLOW ROASTED …
BASIL PESTO CHICKEN WITH ALFREDO PENNE AND SUN DRIED …
CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND …
SUN DRIED TOMATOES BAKED CHICKEN PENNE PASTA - THE …
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO PENNE WITH CHICKEN - LIFE …
BAKED PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES …
RUSTIC CHICKEN-BACON-SUN-DRIED TOMATO PENNE PASTA
PENNE PASTA WITH BASIL AND DRIED TOMATOES - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
CREAMY PENNE WITH CHICKEN, SPINACH AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN PENNE - EASY PEASY MEALS
CHICKEN PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE - CHICKAPEA
PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN RECIPE
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PASTA - CREME DE LA CRUMB
PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - THE FRUGAL CHEF
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PASTA - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
CREAMY PARMESAN & SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PENNE
PENNE WITH CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND SUNDRIED TOMATOES
CHICKEN PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE - SIMPLE, SWEET
BAKED PENNE WITH CHICKEN, MUSHROOMS, AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
SMOKY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PENNE - HOST THE TOAST
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PENNE RECIPE - HOME CHEF
CHICKEN, SUN DRIED TOMATO AND BASIL PENNE PASTA WITH COPYCAT …
PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO GRILLED CHICKEN AND BASIL
CHICKEN AND SUN DRIED TOMATO PENNE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PENNE ALLA VODKA WITH CHICKEN - OMAHA STEAKS
10 BEST CHICKEN PENNE PASTA SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPES …
RECIPE: PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN (IN WHITE …
SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA WITH CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
PENNE WITH CHICKEN, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND SPINACH | OREGONIAN …
CHICKEN PENNE PASTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - THE CRAFTY BOOMER
CHAPTER 192: SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND PENNE SOUP - THE NEW FOOD …
PENNE ALLA VODKA WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES - CHEF SAVVY
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PENNE
PENNE WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN RECIPE
PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN - BIGOVEN.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken with sun-dried tomatoes?1) In a large skillet, on medium heat sauté garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in the olive oil. Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the skillet. 2) Season sliced chicken with salt and paprika. 3) Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on high heat. 4) Add back the sun-dried tomatoes. Add half-and-half and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
How to make creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta?I make this 30 minute Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta dish in what is basically a three-part process: the chicken, the sauce, and the pasta. Then you put it all together into one fantastic meal! To make the chicken, you’ll season the pieces with salt and pepper, then add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
How do you cook chicken penne pasta?This Chicken Penne Pasta with a light creamy sauce and strips of sundried tomatoes makes for a flavourful and comforting meal for any night of the week. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water to packet instructions. Drain, but reserve a cup of the cooking water. Sprinkle a little olive oil over the pasta, mix through and set aside.
What is chicken mozzarella pasta with sun-dried tomato?Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes - Italian-inspired dinner with the best homemade creamy pasta sauce! The sun-dried tomato pasta sauce is made from scratch using basil, red pepper flakes, garlic, paprika, cream, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.