CURRIED PINEAPPLE RICE
Rice, curry, garlic and pineapple blend together to create this distinctive side dish. "It's so pretty serve in a pineapple shell," says Cecelia Bodden of Burnaby, British Columbia. "And it tastes as good as it looks."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12-14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut fresh pineapple to form a serving bowl if desired (see p. 58). Cut removed fruit into bite-size chunks; set aside. If using canned pineapple, drain and set aside (discard juice or save for another use). , In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in rice, garlic and curry powder. Add broth, soy sauce and jalapeno if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. , Stir in green onions and pineapple chunks. Spoon into pineapple shell. Replenish as needed or place remaining rice in another serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts :
CURRY PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set the cooked rice aside. Mix together curry powder, fish sauce, and pineapple juice in a small bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers, and cook and stir the chicken and onion until the chicken is no longer pink and the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, pineapple chunks, and curry mixture, and cook and stir until the fried rice is hot, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352.3 calories, Carbohydrate 56.9 g, Cholesterol 37.8 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 408.6 mg, Sugar 15.1 g
THAI CURRY FRIED RICE WITH PINEAPPLE
- Gather the ingredients.
- If using old rice, pour 1 to 2 teaspoons coconut oil or other vegetable oil onto your fingers and then run fingers through the rice, separating any chunks back into grains. Set aside.
- In a cup, stir the soy sauce/fish sauce together with the curry powder. Set aside.
- Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in a wok/large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic, and chile, stir-frying until fragrant (1 minute). Add shrimp at this point (if using). Whenever the wok/pan becomes dry, add a little stock (1/2 to 1 tablespoon at a time to keep ingredients sizzling).
- Push ingredients aside and crack an egg into the wok, stirring quickly to cook (like making scrambled eggs).
- Add the carrot (if using) and peas. Stir-fry 1 minute in the same way, adding more stock if needed.
- Add the rice, pineapple chunks, cashews, and raisins/currants.
- Drizzle the fish/soy sauce mixed with curry powder over and gently stir-fry to combine over medium-high to high heat until the rice "dances" (begins to make popping sounds)-about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Do a taste-test for saltiness, adding more fish sauce or soy sauce until desired taste is achieved. If you happen to over-salt the dish, add a squeeze or two of lime juice .
- To serve, scoop rice onto a serving platter or individual plates and top with spring onions and coriander.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514 kcal, Carbohydrate 93 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1147 mg, Sugar 32 g, Fat 10 g, ServingSize 3 to 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CURRIED FRIED RICE WITH PINEAPPLE
This is a special fried rice popular in Thai restaurants and called Khao Pad. It has a bit of heat a little sweetness and some crunch. -Joanna Yuen, San Jose, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; add eggs. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to a plate and keep warm., In the same pan, stir-fry onion and shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, pineapple, cashews, peas, cilantro, raisins, broth, fish sauce, curry, sugar and pepper flakes; heat through. Chop egg into small pieces; add to rice mixture.
Nutrition Facts :
COCONUT CURRIED FRIED RICE WITH PINEAPPLE
This curried fried rice is my very own creation. I'm the kind of person who cooks without measuring anything, so the measurements listed here are only estimates. I think that all the fun of cooking comes from substituting, experimenting, and adjusting to your own taste, so please have fun with this recipe! It has lots of great flavors and is sort of a combination of Malaysian, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Provided by pinnym00
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook until browned and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add curry paste and stir until well incorporated with oil. Add green beans; cook until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in coconut milk and simmer until mixture is no longer watery, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and toss until coated with sauce. Increase heat to medium-high. Add pineapple and tomato; stir-fry until softened and excess liquid has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add soy sauce to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 114.2 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
More about "pineapple curry rice recipes"
PINEAPPLE CURRY | SWEET, SAVORY, SIMPLE | OH MY VEGGIES
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 607 per serving
- Slowly add the milk and juice while stirring. Let the mixture simmer until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
CURRIED PINEAPPLE RICE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 29 minsServings 12Calories 196 per serving
QUICK AND EASY PINEAPPLE CURRY RICE - FRAMED RECIPES
10 BEST PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE | MARION'S KITCHEN
CREAMY PINEAPPLE COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY - OH SWEET …
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE (THAI) | RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST INDIAN PINEAPPLE CURRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
PINEAPPLE-CURRY FRIED RICE INSPIRED BY FOOD WARS!: …
PINEAPPLE TOFU CURRY FRIED RICE RECIPE
PINEAPPLE CURRY - ROTI N RICE
PINEAPPLE RICE RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE (VEGAN) - VEGAN HEAVEN
PINEAPPLE CURRY WITH SALMON - ROTI N RICE
CHICKEN DHANSAK FROM SCRATCH | NO BASE SAUCE METHOD | THE …
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE (VEGETARIAN) - MY FOOD STORY
PINEAPPLE RECIPES: 5 SWEET AND SAVOURY FRUIT DISHES
PINEAPPLE CURRY FRIED RICE - EASY VEGAN MEAL PLAN
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE: RESTAURANT-QUALITY RECIPE! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
PINEAPPLE CURRIED FRIED RICE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
JAMAICAN CURRIED RICE - SIMPLY STACIE
FRIED RICE WITH CURRY PINEAPPLE - CAMBODIARECIPE.COM
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT CURRIED RICE RECIPE
DELICIOUS THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE - KAWALING PINOY
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE - HOW TO GET THE BEST RESULT (THAI STYLE)
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE (VIDEO RECIPE) - MY TASTY CURRY
THAI PINEAPPLE CURRY - RAKSHA'S KITCHEN
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE - MASALA HERB
VEGETARIAN THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
AUTHENTIC THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP
CURRY PINEAPPLE TURKEY RICE BOWL RECIPE - THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
EASY PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
CURRIED PINEAPPLE RICE - STUFFED AT THE GILL'S
TROPICAL COCONUT PINEAPPLE CASHEW RICE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CURRY SEITAN WITH PINEAPPLE RICE - CARDAMOM & COCONUT
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
THAI PINEAPPLE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE (KHAO PAD SAPPAROT) - CURRYTRAIL
CURRY PINEAPPLE & SHRIMP FRIED RICE - TIFFY COOKS
EASY PINEAPPLE CURRY FRIED RICE - HEALTHY HEARTY RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #low-protein #healthy #side-dishes #rice #asian #low-fat #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #inexpensive #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice #long-grain-rice
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you add pineapple to curry rice?This curry flavored rice is easy to make and so delicious, your whole family will love it. This dish can be made as a side dish, or simply add shrimp or chicken for a full course meal. It is traditional to add pineapple chunks to curried rice, and this makes for the most wonderful tasting results.
What are the ingredients in the pineapple and rice recipe?Ingredients 1 small can pineapple (chunks, drained, or 1+1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks) 3 to 4 cups rice (cooked, preferably several days old) Optional: a handful of raw shrimp (generous amount, shells removed) 3 to 4 tbsp. chicken stock (or vegetable stock, if vegetarian/vegan) 2 shallots (finely chopped) 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
What is the best way to cook rice in stir fry?Add the rice, pineapple chunks, cashews, and raisins/currants. Drizzle the fish/soy sauce mixed with curry powder over and gently stir-fry to combine over medium-high to high heat until the rice "dances" (begins to make popping sounds)—about 3 minutes.
What is pineapple fried rice?This special fried rice is one of the signature dishes of Thailand, usually served in a carved out pineapple. Give it a try—you'll love it! 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, or 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks 1 red or green chile, thinly sliced, or 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed chile or chile flakes Gather the ingredients.