SIMPLE SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS AND HAM
- Bring 8 cups water and pinto beans to a boil in a large pot. Remove pot from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse before using.
- Transfer pinto beans to a slow cooker. Add ham bone, red onion, minced garlic, and ham base. Pour in remaining 6 cups of water, or enough to cover the beans.
- Cool on Low until beans are tender, about 8 hours.
- Remove the ham bone, shred meat, and add back to the beans. Discard the bone. Serve hot, seasoned with hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178 calories, Carbohydrate 32.4 g, Fat 0.7 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 184.4 mg, Sugar 2 g
CROCKPOT PINTO BEANS AND HAM
- Sort your beans and remove and broken pieces or pebbles. I use one 16 oz package of beans. Place in a large bowl or pot, covering with water.
- Add the baking soda to the water, and let the beans soak at least 6 hours or overnight. After 6 hours or overnight drain the water from the beans.
- Add the beans to a 6 quart crock pot and cover with fresh water. You want the beans to be covered by at least one inch.
- Add the pinto bean seasoning, sugar, vegetable oil, pepper and onion. Taste the beans after several hours of cooking and add more seasonings if you think it needs it. I used a total of one tablespoons pepper.
- Add one of the following for additional seasoning, one ham hock, ham bone, or slice of country ham cut into pieces.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on high for about 6-8 hours. make sure the beans stay covered with water, so check occasionally. If you need more water, then add it. The beans should have a soup consistency.
- In 6 hours, test beans and if they are cooked. Remove ham bone and pull of the meat or remove meat from ham hock and serve. Don't forget the wedge of cornbread.
PINTO BEANS WITH HAM FOR THE CROCK POT
I used to spend all day cooking a pot of beans and watching them carefully so they didn't burn. The crock pot solves that problem. Serve a big bowl of these with big piece of cornbread...That's good eating.
Provided by Sandy in Oklahoma
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight; drain.
- Place beans in a 6 quart crock pot with water and remaining ingredients except salt. Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours, or until beans are soft and done. Stir a couple of times during cooking, if possible. Add salt after beans are done. Cooking salt in the beans will make them tough.
- Note: The jalapenos will give your beans a bit of heat. You can control how hot you want them by the amount of pepper you add. If you want no heat, replace the jalapeno with 2 tablespoons of chopped green bell pepper.
EASY CROCK POT PINTO BEANS WITH DICED HAM
- Combine all of the listed ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to blend.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the beans on low for 5 to 7 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir to blend before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 566 kcal, Carbohydrate 104 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Fiber 31 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fat 3 g, ServingSize 4-6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 1 g
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS
- Cover pinto beans with water in a large bowl; allow beans to soak overnight.
- Place onion, green bell pepper, celery, garlic, Black Forest ham, soaked pinto beans, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, and lard in a slow cooker.
- Pour enough chicken broth into the slow cooker to cover the other ingredients.
- Cook on High until beans are very tender, 5 to 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.6 calories, Carbohydrate 38.2 g, Cholesterol 36.4 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 12.8 g, Protein 23.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 1348.4 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
More about "pinto beans with ham for the crock pot recipes"
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS (WITH HAM) - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
5/5 (2)Total Time 7 hrs 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 159 per serving
- Put on the lid, and cook on high heat until the beans are to desired tenderness. Mine took 7 hours.
SOUTHERN PINTO BEANS AND HAM HOCKS | I HEART RECIPES
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS WITH HAM BONE - A SOUTHERN …
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS AND HAM - DAILY APPETITE
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS - SOUTH YOUR MOUTH
INSTANT POT HAM AND BEANS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
CROCK POT HAM AND BEANS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
10 BEST HAM AND CANNED BEANS IN CROCK POT RECIPES
EASY CROCK POT PINTO BEANS WITH HAM RECIPE
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS - NO SOAKING NEEDED! | MOM …
SOUTHERN CROCK POT PINTO BEANS WITH HAM HOCKS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT PINTO BEANS - FLOUR ON MY FACE
PINTO BEANS AND HAM IN CROCK POT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PINTO BEANS COOKED IN CROCK POT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
SOUTHERN PINTO BEANS WITH HAM SHANKS - CREOLE CONTESSA
CROCKPOT HAM AND PINTO BEAN SOUP - THE FAMILY FREEZER
SLOW-COOKED PINTO BEANS AND HAM - RECIPES.NET
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS WITH HAM HOCKS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
SOUTHERN PINTO BEANS WITH COUNTRY HAM - FEAST AND FARM
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS - RECIPES - CORNBREAD MILLIONAIRE
HOW TO COOK HAM AND BEANS IN CROCK POT? - VERYMEATY
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS | EASY RECIPE WITH NO SOAKING
HAM AND PINTO BEANS CROCK POT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HAM AND PINTO BEANS RECIPE PIONEER WOMAN - DEPORECIPE.CO
SLOW COOKER SOUP BEANS AND HAM (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY …
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS WITH BACON
SLOW COOKER SPICY PINTO BEANS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
PINTO BEANS AND HAM RECIPE (SLOW COOKER) - SAVORY WITH …
CROCK POT BEANS AND HAM - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
HOW TO COOK PINTO BEANS IN A CROCK-POT? - BRADY'S LANDING
CROCKPOT PINTO BEANS - EAT WELL SPEND SMART
HOW TO COOK DRY PINTO BEANS IN CROCK POT? (STEP BY STEP)
INSTANT POT PINTO BEANS AND HAM HOCKS - ALEX BECKER MARKETING
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS WITH HAM HOCK - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
21 CROCKPOT PINTO BEANS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS (NO SOAK) - RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
CROCK POT PINTOE BEANS - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
PIONEER WOMAN PINTO BEANS SLOW COOKER RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PINTO BEANS AND HAM? - VERYMEATY
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS & HAM - MOMMY'S KITCHEN
#ham #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #main-dish #beans #pork #easy #beginner-cook #low-fat #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love