LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF HASH
- Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and prick skins with a fork. Cook in the microwave until slightly tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine potatoes, roast beef, onion, green bell pepper, and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Preheat an electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat with oil.
- Spread potato mixture evenly in the skillet. Let cook, without stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until second side is crisp, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.2 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 18.1 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 10.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 389.8 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
PLANTATION BEEF HASH
- *If you have a cup or so of leftover gravy, use gravy with water or broth to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine all ingredients and pack into a well-greased shallow baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and brown under broiler.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71.9, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 625.9, Carbohydrate 15.3, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 2.7, Protein 2.5
CHEESY BEEF AND POTATO HASH
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes (a little less than 1/2 inch). Put in a bowl and cover with cold water, mixing to rinse off the starch. Drain and rinse in a colander, then transfer to paper towels and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden brown on most sides, about 15 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the beef, chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon, until brown, about 5 minutes. Return the potatoes to the skillet and mix to combine. Sprinkle the cheese over the hash.
- Broil until melted and bubbling, about 1 minute.
BEEF AND POTATO HASH
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and just tender, about 10 minutes; reduce the heat slightly if necessary to prevent the potatoes from burning. Add the beef and cook, stirring, until hot, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the parsley.
- Combine the chuck, bell peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, and some pepper in a slow cooker. Cook on the low setting for 8 hours. Use a ladle to remove some of the excess fat from the surface, then coarsely shred the beef with two forks. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Stir in potatoes, 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring once.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add pot roast and pan juices, if using, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to individual plates; keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel, and put pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan, and cook until the whites are just set, 4 to 5 minutes. Top the hash with the eggs.
ROAST BEEF HASH
- In large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender crisp.
- Add remaining ingredients except milk and gravy.
- Whisk milk and gravy together until smooth.
- Add to skillet.
- (If there is no leftover gravy, just increase milk to 1 1/2 cups.) Stir all together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- The liquid should be absorbed.
SPANISH BEEF HASH
This tasty blend smells so good as it cooks that it lures people into the kitchen from all over the house. -Thomas Reynolds, Tampa, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, tomato sauce, olives, mushrooms, red wine and seasonings., Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve with rice., Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 840mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
OVEN BEEF HASH
"With just the two of us, we usually have leftovers of some sort, so hash is a regular menu item at our house," admits Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "It's nice to have a hash that I can pop in the oven."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 476mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "plantation beef hash recipes"
BEEF HASH RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
5/5 (2)Category Main DishServings 6-8Total Time 5 hrs 50 mins
15 CORNED BEEF HASH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HAWAIIAN STYLE CORNED BEEF HASH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
HOW TO MAKE CORN BEEF HASH PATTIES FROM THE CAN?
HOMEMADE CORNED BEEF HASH - THE RECIPE CRITIC
CORNED BEEF HASH - DINNER AT THE ZOO
LOCAL FAMILY PLANTATION COOKING CORNED BEEF HASH, SPAM …
CORNED BEEF HASH - DAMN DELICIOUS
BAKED BEEF AND POTATO HASH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SOUTHERN BEEF HASH RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
OLD-FASHIONED CHOPPED SOUTHERN BEEF HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OLD FASHIONED ROAST BEEF HASH RECIPE - I REALLY LIKE FOOD!
IRISH CORNED BEEF HASH - BUDGET BRUNCH - ONE POT MEALS
GROUND BEEF POTATO HASH - BUSY COOKS
10 BEST GROUND BEEF HASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE CORNED BEEF HASH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST CORNED BEEF HASH WITH POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF BACON PLANTAIN HASH (AIP, PALEO) - FED AND FULFILLED
CORNED BEEF HASH - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA SITE
PLANTATION BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE BY …
CORNED BEEF BREAKFAST HASH - A FAMILY FEAST®
CORNED BEEF HASH - CULINARY HILL
HOMEMADE CORNED BEEF HASH - LEFTOVES - KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
CORNED BEEF HASH RECIPE WITH CANNED CORNED BEEF
CORNED BEEF HASH - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - VEGETABLES
BEST CORNED BEEF HASH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CORNED BEEF HASH
HOMEMADE CORNED BEEF HASH - KATIE'S CUCINA
CORNED BEEF HASH - SPEND WITH PENNIES
OLD-SCHOOL HAMBURGER HASH - THE COUNTRY COOK
LUSTING AFTER LEFTOVERS: THAT CENTERPIECE ROAST BECOMES A …
COUNTRY STYLE CORNED BEEF HASH RECIPE - HEREFORD FOODS
CORNED BEEF VEGGIE HASH - SKINNYTASTE
CORNED BEEF HASH - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breakfast #main-dish #beef #potatoes #vegetables #american #southern-united-states #oven #easy #beginner-cook #comfort-food #meat #brunch #taste-mood #savory #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook beef hash?Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until they are translucent. Add the diced potatoes and cook until they are tender. Add the beef and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the hash to cook until the bottom browns.
How to cook hash browns?Instructions 1 Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. 2 Saute the onions until they are translucent. 3 Add the diced potatoes and cook until they are tender. 4 Add the beef and stir. 5 Season with salt and pepper. 6 Allow the hash to cook until the bottom browns. Turn it to brown it on the other side. 7 Serve hot. More ...
How do you make hash?To make the hash you want approximately equal amounts of cooked beef, raw potato, and onion. The amounts listed here in the ingredient list are approximations. Scale up or down as needed. A grinder makes a big difference here because of the way it grinds the beef into the onions and potatoes.
How do you cook Hash in a skillet?Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until they are translucent. Add the diced potatoes and cook until they are tender. Add the beef and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the hash to cook until the bottom browns. Turn it to brown it on the other side.