ROASTED DUCK BREAST WITH PLUM SAUCE
- For the sauce, fry the shallot in the oil for 5 mins or until softened but not coloured. Add the plums and sugar, stirring for a few mins until the sugar has dissolved. Add the red wine and stock, then simmer for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly thickened. Keep warm or leave at room temperature for up to a day before reheating to serve.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/gas 4. Score the skin of the duck breasts with a sharp knife and season well with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan and place the duck breasts in, skin-side down. Fry for 6-7 mins, then turn and add the thyme, star anise and butter. Allow this to melt, basting the duck with the juices, then transfer everything to a small roasting tin and finish in the oven for 5-6 mins for pink or 10-12 mins for well done.
- When the duck is ready, baste again with the juices, then rest for 5 mins while you finish everything else.
- To serve, thinly slice each duck breast on a chopping board. Arrange on each plate along with a spoon of the Creamed potatoes, some of the plum sauce and the Buttered spinach.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 904 calories, Fat 64 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 39 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 38 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.05 milligram of sodium
ASIAN PLUM SAUCE
This sauce is full of flavor. It's tangy, salty, spicy! Serve over or along side fried tofu, chicken or pork. Before serving garnish with fresh sliced scallions (green onions).
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 6-8 1/2 pints
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place first 11 ingredients into pot.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 30 minutes.
- Mix water and cornstarch.
- Blend in a blender the solids from the pot with the cornstarch mixture and put back with the liquid simmering all the while.
- Simmer till thickened.
- Pour into sterilized jars (size you like) and put into a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from water bath cool and store in a cool dark place.
Delicious sauce which is easy to make, keeps well and can be used in the same way as Tomato Sauce or Ketchup. Ideal recipe for making when plums are in abundance.
Provided by Kiwi Kathy
Yield 6 bottles
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Boil all for 2 hours, Skim off stones. Put through a sieve and pour into air tight bottles or jars.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine jam, vinegar, brown sugar, dried onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring. Remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101.6 calories, Carbohydrate 25.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 11.4 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
SPICY PLUM SAUCE
My flavorful fruit sauce is delicious over pork or poultry. The pepper gives it a little kick you usually wouldn't expect. —Suzanne Veverka, White Cloud, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a blender or food processor, process the plums, onion and garlic in batches until smooth. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced by a third, 60-90 minutes., Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
WARM PLUM SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except sesame seeds; cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens and the plums have softened and broken down to the consistency of a chunky preserve, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer plum sauce to a serving dish, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve warm.
- In a blender or food processor, combine pineapple, juice, salted plums, brown sugar, vinegar, preserves, and garlic and process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan, and add the crushed red chile peppers. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and use as a dipping sauce for Egg Rolls.
More about "plum sauce recipes"
HEALTHY HOMEMADE PLUM SAUCE RECIPE | GLUTEN + DAIRY-FREE
5/5 (3)Category CondimentServings 3Total Time 30 mins
- Add plums, garlic, onion, ginger, tamari and chili flakes to a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to stir every 8 minutes or so to keep from burning the bottom. Continue for 30 minutes or until plums have broken down and sauce begins to thicken.
- Using an immersion blender, or allow to cool and place in your blender or food processor, mix until smooth.
TRADITIONAL CHINESE PLUM SAUCE FROM SCRATCH
4/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory AsianCalories 11 per serving
NIGEL SLATER’S PLUM RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
PLUM SAUCE RECIPE - VIET WORLD KITCHEN
5/5 (6)Servings 1.5Cuisine ChineseEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
CANNING PLUM SAUCE - CREATIVE HOMEMAKING
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
10 BEST COOKING WITH PLUM SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SIMPLE PLUM SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE PLUM SAUCE RECIPE - COOKING CHEW
Reviews 13Servings 2Cuisine AsianCategory Sauce
- Prepare plums - Wash and dry the fresh plums. Slice plums in half and remove the pit. Dice plums into 2” chunks.
- Cook the plums - Add the chunks of plum and all other ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Allow the mixture to cool for about 15 minutes. (Set saucepan aside for use in future steps)
PLUM SAUCE RECIPE FOR CANNING - SIMPLYCANNING
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine ChineseCategory Main Course
- Start by preparing jars and getting water in the canner heating.You want the canner hot, but not boiling, when the jars are ready to be processed. See full water bath canning instructions here.
AUTHENTIC CHINESE PLUM SAUCE - THE DARING GOURMET
4.9/5 (35)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory CondimentCalories 21 per serving
- Place all the ingredients except for the spice mixture in a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender to puree until smooth (then return to pot).
- Place the whole spices (skip if using store-bought five spice powder) in a small dry pan and toast over medium-high heat just until fragrant. Be careful not to scorch the spices or they will taste bitter. Let the spices cool and then place the whole spices in a piece of cheesecloth tied shut with string or in a tea sachet. Do the same if using store-bought ground five spice powder.
- Place the spice packet in the pot with the plum sauce and continue to simmer uncovered for 25-45 minutes until the sauce is thickened to the desired consistency. Discard the spice packet. Let the sauce cool. Store in the fridge in an airtight non-reactive container. Will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- CANNING INSTRUCTIONS: Ladle the hot plum sauce into sterilized jars, seal with the lids and process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove the jars and let sit undisturbed for 24 hours then check the seals. Will keep in a dark, cool place for at least a year.
PLUM SAUCE - PLUM RECIPES - COOKING JOURNEY BLOG
Ratings 3Calories 5 per servingCategory Sauce
- Place plum halves in the pot over medium heat, add a cup of water. Bring to the boil, cook about 30 minutes, stirring, until plums are tender and start to break down.
- Add all the spices. Taste, add more spices if you like, but remember it will be more spicy after it stands in the fridge. Let it cool.
ASIAN PLUM SAUCE - PLUM SAUCE RECIPE - THE FOOD BLOG
4.7/5 (21)Total Time 1 hrCategory Jams, Jellies, & PreservesCalories 34 per serving
- Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring. Add all other ingredients, stirring continuously and bring back to a simmer.
CHINESE PLUM SAUCE • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
Cuisine Asian, ChineseEstimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory CondimentTotal Time 50 mins
- Combine pitted and chopped plums with the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and remove the half star anise. Puree the mixture with a stick blender until smooth. (Or, let the mixture cool slightly and transfer it to a blender and blend until smooth).
- Return the mixture to the heat and bring it to a hard simmer over medium high heat, stirring often to prevent sticking. Cooking until the sauce is thick and jammy, roughly 20 minutes.*
ASIAN PLUM SAUCE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.4/5 (226)Total Time 55 minsCategory CondimentsCalories 50 per serving
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the plums are soft and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth and return to pot. (Alternately, you can use an immersion blender right in the pot. Be careful blending hot liquids!).
FRESH-PLUM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 49 per servingServings 1.5
PLUM SAUCE RECIPE | HOMEMADE HOT SAUCE
Calories 44Saturated Fat 0.3g 2%Cholesterol 0mg 0%Total Fat 2.4g 3%
PLUM SAUCE | RICARDO
5/5 (1)Category AppetizersServings 4Total Time 20 mins
PLUM SAUCE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (6)Calories 51 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
HOW TO MAKE PLUM SAUCE | OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
28 BEST PLUM SAUCE RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | PLUM SAUCE ...
PERFECT PLUM RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #sauces #appetizers #salads #condiments-etc #fruit #asian #japanese #easy #dips #salad-dressings #dietary #savory-sauces #low-in-something #pitted-fruit #plums #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make homemade plum sauce?Directions 1 In a blender or food processor, process the plums, onion and garlic in batches until smooth. Transfer to a Dutch oven. 2 Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust... More ...
How to cook fresh plums from the garden?Mix plums in a saucepan with garlic, onion, ginger, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Heat on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Blend well with an immersion blender and add water to thin if desired. Store in the freezer up to six months or the fridge up to two weeks.
How to cook plums for sushi?Cut each half into about 6 chunks. Mix plums in a saucepan with garlic, onion, ginger, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Heat on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Blend well with an immersion blender and add water to thin if desired.
What is plum sauce made out of?Plum Sauce. Ingredients. Directions. In a small saucepan combine plum preserves or plum jam; vinegar; brown sugar; chopped onion; dried red chili pepper or crushed red pepper; garlic; and ginger. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.