AUTHENTIC HUEVOS RANCHEROS
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas one at a time until firm, but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain grease.
- Meanwhile, combine the refried beans and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Cover, and cook in the microwave until heated through. When tortillas are done, fry eggs over easy in the skillet. Add more oil if the tortillas have absorbed it all.
- Place tortillas onto plates, and spread a layer of beans on them. Top with cheese, a fried egg, crumbled bacon and if desired, salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.8 calories, Carbohydrate 24.2 g, Cholesterol 247.5 mg, Fat 32.9 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 1193.9 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, jalapeno and seasonings; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Make 6 indentations in the tomato mixture with a spoon. Break eggs into indentations. , Cover and cook on low heat until eggs are set, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until melted, about 1 minute. If desired, serve with tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 233mg cholesterol, Sodium 311mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
POACHED HUEVOS RANCHEROS
From a wonderful website, www.whfoods.com Tips: You may want to lay the spoon with the egg on a towel briefly after removing egg from water. This allows the towel to absorb some of the poaching water, and it won't end up in your beans.
Provided by The Tiny Chef
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring water and vinegar to a light boil in a shallow pan. Make sure there is enough water to cover eggs.
- In a separate stainless steel skillet heat 1 tbs broth. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, beans, red chili powder, cumin, and rest of broth while egg water is coming to a boil. Cook beans for about 10 minutes on medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Add cilantro, salt and pepper.
- To poach eggs, crack into water and cook about 5 minutes, just until the white is set and the yolk have filmed over. Remove with a slotted spoon, and place eggs over beans. Serve with salsa, shredded romaine lettuce and avocado.
The eggs in this beloved breakfast dish are sauced with a ranchero-style sauce of roasted tomatoes, spicy ancho chiles and smoky chipotles. To make breakfast easier, make the sauce ahead of time and reheat to serve, adding a bit of water to thin if necessary.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the ranchero sauce: Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and put the tomatoes, garlic cloves and onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning occasionally, until blistered and charred in spots, about 35 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the papery skins from the garlic.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the ancho chiles, cover, and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Put the vegetables and any juices from the baking sheet into a blender. Add the ancho chiles, 1/2 teaspoon each chopped chipotle and adobo sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt and blend until fairly smooth. Taste; if you want the sauce spicier, stir in the remaining chopped chipotle and adobo sauce.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the sauce (it will sizzle) and 1/3 cup water and cook, stirring, until thickened but pourable, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt as necessary. Cover and keep warm over low heat. If the sauce thickens too much, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to thin it out.
- For the refried beans: Put the beans in a medium bowl with about half of their reserved liquid and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering, then add the mashed beans and a big pinch of salt and mash again until smooth. Cook, stirring and scraping with a rubber spatula, until heated through. If the beans seem dry, add some more of the reserved liquid until they are creamy. Taste, season with salt if necessary and cover and keep warm over low heat.
- For serving: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with paper towels. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add 1 tortilla and cook until the underside blisters, about 15 seconds. Flip the tortilla with tongs and continue to cook until the underside blisters, about 15 seconds. Remove from the pan to the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 7 tortillas, adding more oil if necessary. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the refried beans on each tortilla and keep warm in the oven.
- Using the same skillet the tortillas were fried in, heat 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Crack 4 eggs into the skillet and cook until the edges are crispy and whites are almost set. Cover the skillet with a big pot lid and cook until the whites are completely set, 1 more minute. Remove the tortillas from the oven, top four with an egg, then return to the oven and repeat with the 4 remaining eggs.
- Top the remaining tortillas with the remaining eggs. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt, some ranchero sauce, Cotija cheese, cilantro and onion. Serve immediately.
MOM'S HUEVOS RANCHEROS
Mom wasn't Mexican, but she could sure cook like she was. This is a delicious brunch dish where eggs are poached in salsa, served on corn tortillas, and topped with cheese, sour cream, and black olives. This recipe would also be good with fresh avocado or guacamole. If you use gluten-free tortillas, which are easy to find, it would be gluten free. Hold the cheese and sour cream and it is dairy free!
Provided by Good EatNZ
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine enchilada sauce, salsa, and corn in a large frying pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add tortillas and simmer until beginning to soften, about 30 seconds. Transfer tortillas to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack 1 egg at a time and slide it gently into the sauce in the pan. Spoon a bit of sauce over each egg. Cover the pan and poach eggs to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for soft yolks.
- Place 1 warmed tortilla on a plate. Lift 2 eggs gently from the sauce using a large spoon and place on the tortilla. Spoon extra sauce over eggs and top with grated Colby cheese, sour cream, and olives. Repeat with remaining tortilla, eggs, sauce, and toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530.9 calories, Carbohydrate 41.8 g, Cholesterol 371.1 mg, Fat 31 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 1561.1 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
GOURMET HUEVOS RANCHEROS
Eggs paired with zesty salsa and warm corn tortillas create a hearty breakfast, brunch or dinner entrée. Refried beans, avocado, cilantro, green onion and sour cream make up the CIA's interpretation of this dish. To complement the heat of this spicy combination, serve with a side of chilled sliced fruit. The following recipe suggests fried eggs, although you can prepare them scrambled or poached. The rich and creamy texture of the avocado supplies a flawless garnish. This recipe is from The Culinary Institute of America's Cooking at Home with the CIA.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the tortillas by toasting them one at a time in a dry cast-iron skillet or directly over a gas flame until lightly toasted; Place on a baking sheet, spread each tortilla with ¼ cup of refried beans, and cover to keep warm.
- Working in batches as needed, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it is very hot but not smoking and the foaming has subsided; Crack the eggs directly into the hot butter and reduce the heat to medium-low or low; Fry the eggs, shaking the pan occasionally to keep the eggs from sticking; Season the eggs with salt and pepper; Fry to the desired doneness, about 2 minutes for "sunny-side up," 3 minutes for medium yolks, and 4 minutes for hard yolks; Or, once the whites are just opaque, turn the eggs and cook for 30 seconds more for "over easy," 1 minute more for "over medium," or 2 minutes more for "over hard.".
- Top each tortilla with 2 fried eggs and 2 tablespoons of the grated cheese; Slide the tortillas under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado and toss with the lime juice to prevent the avocado from discoloring.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons sour cream; Divide the avocado among the tortillas; Garnish each tortilla with 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 tablespoon green onion and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499.8, Fat 34, SaturatedFat 14.2, Cholesterol 414.8, Sodium 718.3, Carbohydrate 28.3, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 3.4, Protein 22.9
SPEEDY HUEVOS RANCHEROS
Canned chilies, Mexican-style tomatoes, onion and bacon add plenty of zippy flavor to this hearty poached egg dish from Therese Langolf of Piru, California. "I often make it when we go camping, because one skilletful provides a hearty breakfast for the whole family," she notes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Stir in tomatoes, onion and chilies. Simmer, uncovered, until onion is tender., With a spoon, make 10 wells in the tomato mixture; break an egg into each. Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve with tortillas if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367 calories, Fat 21g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 444mg cholesterol, Sodium 939mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
More about "poached huevos rancheros recipes"
SKILLET-POACHED HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (112)Calories 325 per serving
- Make 4 wells in the bean mixture. Crack each egg into a small bowl and slide it gently into a well. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle with the scallions and cilantro. Divide among plates and serve with the tortillas and sour cream.
HUEVOS RANCHEROS WITH RANCH POTATOES | ALL SHE COOKS
HUEVOS RANCHEROS | SUN VISTA RECIPES
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CORNMEAL CRêPES - LITTLE SUGAR SNAPS
STACKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS - SHE LIKES FOOD
EASY & AUTHENTIC HUEVOS RANCHEROS - MUY BUENO …
PANTRY-RAID HUEVOS RANCHEROS - STEVEN AND CHRIS
POACHED HUEVOS RANCHEROS
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS - WHAT A GIRL EATS
HUEVOS RANCHERO SAUCE – ERICA'S RECIPES
FRESH HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS (EASY 40 MINUTE RECIPE!) - CHEF SAVVY
HUEVOS RANCHEROS - NO RECIPES
HUEVOS RANCHEROS - FOR A DIGESTIVE PEACE OF MIND—KATE SCARLATA …
MOLE HUEVOS RANCHEROS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
HUEVOS RANCHEROS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SKILLET-POACHED HUEVOS RANCHEROS - ALI IN THE VALLEY
HUEVOS RANCHEROS | GET CRACKING
POACHED HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
OUR BEST HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE — COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS (MEXICAN RANCHER'S EGGS)
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE - FRESCO - DROP
EASY POACHED HUEVOS RANCHEROS - PEARLSOFSUBURBIA.COM
EVERYDAY GOURMET | HUEVOS RANCHEROS
POACHED HUEVOS RANCHEROS
HOW TO MAKE HUEVOS RANCHEROS THE PALEO WAY - DUMMIES
HUEVOS RANCHEROS OR RANCHER'S STYLE EGGS - COOK IT LIKE AN INDIAN
HUEVOS RANCHEROS SALAD | GET CRACKING - EGGS.CA
HUEVOS RANCHEROS WITH SPINACH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
30 MINUTE HUEVOS RANCHERS (TIPS, TRICKS + OPTIONAL SHORTCUTS!)
HUEVOS RANCHEROS ENCHILADAS RECIPE | MAHATMA® RICE
QUICK AND EASY HUEVOS RANCHEROS WITH TOMATO-CHILI SALSA RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HUEVOS RANCHEROS - EAT LIKE PINOY
HUEVOS RANCHEROS WITH REFRIED BEANS | RANDALL BEANS | RECIPE
HUEVOS RANCHEROS RECIPE FOR MODERN TAKE ON TRADITIONAL EGGS
#lactose #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #breakfast #eggs-dairy #mexican #easy #eggs #dietary #spicy #free-of-something #taste-mood #presentation #served-hot #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love