DOUBLE CORN POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO
Found this recipe in a Redbook Magazine. Actually my granddaughter, Kayla, found it and begged me to cook it, so I did. It was wonderful. Will be making it again because we get tired of ordinary rice, noodles or potatoes. and because, well...it is WONDERFUL! By the way, for those, like me, who are not familiar with polenta, it is course grain corn meal like Albers. I sent my DH to the market to get a bag of dry polenta when I had a whole box of corn meal in the cupboard, lol.
Provided by GrammaMikki
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine water, milk and corn kernals in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in polenta until well incorporated.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter, parmesan cheese and prosciutto.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.7, Fat 11, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 29.3, Sodium 185.7, Carbohydrate 32, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 8.2
POLENTA SQUARES WITH PROSCIUTTO
- Bring 7 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan; add 4 teaspoons salt. Whisking constantly, add cornmeal a little at a time. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until polenta pulls away from sides of pan and is very thick, about 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking. Add prosciutto and garlic. Cook, stirring, until prosciutto is slightly crisp, about 5 minutes; stir into polenta. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour polenta mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking pan; smooth with a dampened spatula. Let cool at least 1 hour.
- If not serving polenta immediately, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use (or overnight).
- Trim 1/4 inch from all sides of polenta. Cut polenta into 48 squares. Preheat broiler with rack 5 inches from heat. Lightly brush a metal baking pan with oil; heat under broiler 30 seconds. In batches, broil squares in pan, 2 minutes. Place cheese on each square; season with pepper. Broil until cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Garnish with herb sprigs.
FONTINA AND PROSCIUTTO STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH GRILLED POLENTA SQUARES AND ROASTED CALIFORNIA GRAPES
- Prepare the pork chops. Make a brine by combining the water, sugar, salt, thyme sprigs, clove and all-spice berries in a re-sealable bag. Add the pork chops, seal up the bag and put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain the pork chops and pat dry. Using a paring knife, make a horizontal cut into the center of each chop to make a pocket. Stuff a slice of fontina and prosciutto inside each pocket and secure with a toothpick. Set 2 large cast iron skillets over medium-high heat and add a 2-count of extra-virgin olive oil to each skillet. Add 2 chops to each of the skillets and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Turn chops, push to 1 side and set grape clusters in pan. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper before putting the pans in the oven. Roast chops for 5 to 7 minutes until cooked through and cheese has melted. Remove from oven when done and set chops and clusters of roasted grapes aside on a plate - keep warm.
- Consolidate juices into 1 pan and set over medium heat. Add a splash of chicken stock to the pan, scraping the bottom to extract all the flavors. Fold in cold butter while whisking to thicken sauce. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, set 1 pork chop on each plate on top of a Grilled Polenta Square, garnish with a cluster of roasted grapes and drizzle with pan sauce. Set a stack of hydroponic watercress to 1 side and serve.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal in a slow steady stream. Lower heat and continue to whisk until the polenta is thick and smooth, about 20 minutes. Add the cream and butter and continue to stir until incorporated. Remove from heat; fold in Parmesan and black pepper. Pour the polenta into a buttered 9 by 13-inch shallow baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Cover and chill a few hours. Cut the polenta into squares. Brush both sides with olive oil and transfer to a hot grill. Grill on both sides until golden brown.
HALIBUT WRAPPED IN PROSCIUTTO WITH POLENTA AND TRUFFLE JUS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F Overlap 2 slices of prosciutto on waxed paper. Season halibut before wrapping in prosciutto. Refrigerate until needed (can be done up to 2 hours in advance). Bring milk to boil with butter, salt and pepper. Whisk in cornmeal slowly and cook for 10 minutes stirring constantly on low heat. Add dried figs and rosemary. Check seasoning. The consistency of the polenta should be soft and moist (if too thick add a little water and adjust seasoning). Keep the polenta warm until serving. Roast halibut in oven with a little olive oil for 5 to 8 minutes. Check fish for tenderness with a toothpick. The toothpick should go in with little or no resistance. Do not overcook! Spoon polenta into large serving bowls. Top with halibut. Spoon in 2 ounces of hot chicken broth and drizzle with truffle oil. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the fennel bulbs and water in a roasting pan on the lowest rack of the oven, roast about one hour, until very tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Chop coarsely, place in a food processor with two tablespoons of the milk and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining milk, the stock, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer. Slowly whisk in the cornmeal. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is thick enough to allow the spoon to stand up in it, about 15 minutes. Stir in the fennel puree, the chopped fennel greens and the butter. Adjust seasonings.
- Line a baking pan 9 by 13 inches with parchment paper. Spread the polenta in the pan, smooth the surface and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for four hours, until firm.
- Cut the polenta into three-inch squares. Invert the pan to unmold them, then refrigerate them until ready to cook. Reheat the polenta by sauteing it in butter in a nonstick skillet or brushing it with butter or oil and grilling or broiling the squares until they are lightly browned and heated through. Keep in a warm oven until all the squares are browned, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 268, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 504 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
POLENTA & PROSCIUTTO CHIPS
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the polenta into 18 chunky chips and the prosciutto into 18 strips. Put the polenta in a bowl along with the oil and a good grinding of pepper, and mix together. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around a polenta chip, then pop onto a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chips and sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden, turning them over after 15 mins. Serve with tomato ketchup, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 32 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
HERB POLENTA BAKED IN PROSCIUTTO
- Cook polenta according to the directions on the packet.
- When it's almost cooked stir in the parsley, parmesan, butter and garlic.
- Pour polenta into a greased 18x28cm cake tin.
- Smooth the surface and cool for an hour until firm.
- Turn the polenta out and cut into 20 bite sized cubes.
- Wrap each cube in a slice of prosciutto.
- Thread 2 pieces onto each skewer and place them on a baking paper lined tray.
- Bake in a 190°C oven for 10-20 minutes.
- The prosciutto will become crisp and golden.
- Serve hot.
- These can be made a couple of hours ahead and refrigerated until you're ready to bake.
- Make sure you soak the sticks well to prevent burning.
- Another way to serve this is to place the wrapped cubes singly on the baking tray, bake, and stab each one with a toothpick to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.8, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 15, Sodium 84.2, Carbohydrate 23.9, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 0.2, Protein 3.6
POLENTA SQUARES WITH PROSCIUTTO
Yield makes 48
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring 7 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan; add 4 teaspoons salt. Whisking constantly, add the cornmeal, a little at a time. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until the polenta pulls away from the sides of the pan and is very thick, about 25 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking. Add the prosciutto and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the prosciutto is slightly crisp, about 5 minutes; stir into the polenta. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour the polenta mixture into a 9 × 13-inch baking pan; smooth with a dampened spatula. Let cool at least 1 hour.
- If not serving the polenta immediately, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use (or overnight).
- Trim 1/4 inch from all sides of the polenta. Cut into 48 squares. Preheat the broiler with the rack 5 inches from the heat. Lightly brush a metal baking pan with oil; heat under the broiler 30 seconds. In batches, broil the squares in the pan, 2 minutes. Place a cheese cube on each square; season with pepper. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Garnish with marjoram sprigs.
More about "polenta with prosciutto recipes"
POLENTA SANDWICHES / POLENTA IN CARROZZA - CIAO ITALIA
PORK PROSCIUTTO MEATBALLS AND POLENTA - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
POLENTA WITH ITALIAN CHEESE, POACHED EGGS, AND PROSCIUTTO
GOLDEN POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO - SICILIAN GIRL
OUR 11 BEST PROSCIUTTO RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
ROQUEFORT, POLENTA, AND PROSCIUTTO SPOON BREAD RECIPE
POLENTA ROUNDS WITH CARAMELIZED ONION, MOZZARELLA, AND PROSCIUTTO
18 TASTY RECIPES USING TUBED POLENTA | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN WITH PROSCIUTTO & TOMATOES OVER POLENTA RECIPE
PARMESAN POLENTA WITH TOMATOES AND PROSCIUTTO - TASTY …
GRILLED POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO AND AGED BALSAMIC VINEGAR RECIPE
POLENTA AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPES (23) - SUPERCOOK
POLENTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CREAMY POLENTA WITH FETA, ASPARAGUS & PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
39 POLENTA RECIPES FOR CREAMY (OR CRISPY!) AND DELICIOUS COMFORT …
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED PORK WITH POLENTA RECIPE | COLES
FRIED POLENTA CAKES WITH MUSHROOMS AND PROSCIUTTO
BAKED POLENTA RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS & TOMATOES - A SPICY …
POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO RECIPE | CARL'S HOME AND RECIPES
25 EASY PROSCIUTTO RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BAKED POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO AND FONTINA - BLOGGER
ITALIAN POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO-PORCINI RAGU | NEWS
RECIPE: POLENTA FLORENTINE | KITCHN
POLENTA SQUARES WITH PROSCIUTTO - BIGOVEN.COM
POLENTA, TOMATO AND PROSCIUTTO BAKE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
30 WAYS TO USE PROSCIUTTO - TASTE OF HOME
CHICKEN PROSCIUTTO OVER POLENTA - RECIPES | NOAHSTRENGTH.COM
HOW TO COOK POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO HAM | ITALIAN FOOD RECIPES ...
POLENTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CREAMY POLENTA WITH PROSCIUTTO AND MUSHROOM RAGU
HALLOUMI AND POLENTA WRAPPED IN PROSCIUTTO | THE NEFF KITCHEN
BAKED POLENTA WITH EGGS, PROSCIUTTO, AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO
10 BEST MAIN DISH POLENTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
POLENTA WITH PARMESAN AND RICOTTA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST MAIN DISH TO GO WITH POLENTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
AUTHENTIC CREAMY ITALIAN POLENTA - RECIPES FROM ITALY
FRESH SWEET CORN POLENTA WITH CRISPY SHALLOTS, PROSCIUTTO AND KALE
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED QUAIL W/ ORANGE BLOSSOM POLENTA
POLENTA PASTICCIATA RECIPE, A "MESSED UP" POLENTA - FOOD REPUBLIC
PEAR PROSCUITTO POLENTA BITES - A HEALTHY-ISH RECIPE BLOG
You'll also love