POPPY SEED CAKE III
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and add eggs, vanilla, oil and milk. Mix well and fold in the poppy seeds. Pour into a 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.8 calories, Carbohydrate 52.6 g, Cholesterol 61.6 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 180.1 mg, Sugar 32 g
LEMON POPPY SEED CAKE
- Pour the buttermilk into a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, stir in the poppy seeds, and set aside at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly spray the inside of a Bundt pan with the baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and 2 cups of the granulated sugar on medium speed for about 5 minutes, until light yellow and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, the vanilla, and lemon zest, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the lemon juice to the buttermilk mixture. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture in thirds, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure the batter is well mixed. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and the remaining 1/2 cup of lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over high heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a baking rack set over a large plate. Spoon the warm lemon syrup slowly over the cake, allowing it to be absorbed into the cake. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to cool.
- For the glaze, whisk the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl, adding a little more sugar or lemon juice to make a smooth, thick, but pourable glaze. Drizzle over the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Transfer to a flat cake plate and serve at room temperature.
LEMON-POPPY SEED CAKE
The secret to moist, flavorful lemon-poppy seed cake is to start with lemon cake mix! Let your microwave speed your way to an easy lemon glaze.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- Make cake batter as directed on box--except stir poppy seed into batter. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on box for fluted tube pan. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn upside down onto heatproof serving plate. Remove pan; cool cake completely, about 1 hour.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on Medium (50%) 15 seconds. Spread over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Store loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 230 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 1/2 g
POPPY SEED CAKE
As sweet finale for my favorite meal, this moist cake is chock full of poppy seeds. (Don't forget to soak the poppy seeds.) The cream cheese frosting adds the final touch! This is also a tasty dessert to bring to a potluck.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, soak poppy seeds in milk for 30 minutes. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes., In another large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with poppy seed mixture, beating well after each addition. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter. , Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426 calories, Fat 23g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 35mg cholesterol, Sodium 184mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
POPPY SEED CAKE
- In a small saucepan, combine the poppy seeds and milk. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and allow to rest until cool, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a large loaf or tube pan by greasing it with margarine and lightly flouring the inside of the pan.
- In bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Add egg yolks, vanilla, and poppy seed-milk mixture, and beat until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well; remove bowl from mixer and set aside.
- Place a clean bowl in mixer, with a whisk attachment, and whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gently fold into batter. Scrape into pan, and bake until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer cake to a rack. Unmold after 15 minutes. When cool, dust cake with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 433, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 54 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 207 milligrams, Sugar 35 grams, TransFat 1 gram
OLD WORLD POPPY SEED ROLL
Tender, soft, sweet yeast bread swirled with a creamy homemade poppy seed filling. Growing up, my mother and aunts always made this Eastern European bread for Easter and Christmas. Looks complicated, but is easy enough to make for an Old-World treat. I like it best after the second day.
Provided by Linda
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place poppy seeds into a food processor and process until seeds are ground, about 1 minute.
- Mix poppy seeds with 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, lemon juice, and hot milk in a bowl; stir to combine. Cover poppy seed filling and refrigerate while making bread (filling will set up and thicken as it chills).
- Mix yeast with water and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Allow to stand until the yeast forms a creamy layer.
- Whisk flour with salt in a bowl; use a pastry cutter to cut 1/4 cup butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour yeast mixture and egg yolk into flour mixture and stir to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth and slightly springy, about 5 minutes. If dough is too sticky, knead in more flour, about 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Cut dough into 2 equal pieces. Roll each piece out into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
- Spread half the poppy seed filling over each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold the 1-inch border back over the filling on all sides and press down.
- Pick up the shorter side of a dough rectangle and roll it like a jelly roll; repeat with second rectangle. Pinch ends together or tuck ends under to prevent filling from leaking out.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; place rolls seam sides down on the baking sheet and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat egg white in a bowl until frothy; brush the rolls with beaten egg white.
- Bake in preheated oven until dark golden brown on top, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cover rolls with a clean kitchen towel until cool to keep crust soft. Cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.8 g, Cholesterol 21.8 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 109.5 mg, Sugar 13.3 g
POPPY SEED CAKE
- Mix poppy seeds with 2 T. milk and vanilla sugar and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes. Bring butter to room temperature. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar with a mixer at medium high speed. Add eggs and extracts, mix well. Add poppy seed mixture, mix on low speed.
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt, and add half of this mixture at a time to the mixer, alternating with the cup of milk. Beat until batter is smooth, scaping down sides of bowl.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13" glass pan or 2 9" round cake pans. Bake until golden and springy, 20-25 minutes for cake layers, or 35-40 minutes for the 9 x 13" pan. Let cool before frosting.
- Beat the room temperature butter and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth. Add extracts and food coloring, then add powdered sugar a cup at a time, beating until smooth. The frosting should be pretty stiff. Makes enough for a layer cake, make half the recipe for the sheet cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 636, Fat 29.7, SaturatedFat 17.6, Cholesterol 137.5, Sodium 588.4, Carbohydrate 85.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 67.2, Protein 8.4
LEMON POPPYSEED CAKE
Lemon and poppyseed cake is a baking classic, packed with zesty flavours and drenched in icing for the ultimate treat alongside a cuppa
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Categories Afternoon tea
Yield 12 slices
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line the base of a 20cm square deep cake tin (or if using a decorative tin like ours, grease well).
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until combined. Spoon into the tin and smooth over the top. Bake for 40-45 mins. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out, peel off the parchment and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Beat in the lemon juice to make a runny icing. Pour over the cake and leave to set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 32 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
SOLO POPPY SEED CAKE
This was a Slovak traditional cake that was passed down in my family which I make for special occasions and now its my birthday cake. Solo still prints the recipe on the back of its label of Poppy Seed filling. I did not find the recipe in here and wanted to share this truly delectable for all to enjoy since I hate seeing lemon with it-just ruins it. I hear complaints that people think poppy seed is dry and stay away from it. You haven't eaten it properly then! I love poppy seed! It is so addicting! Very moist and good right out of the oven. Even better next day when flavors have mellowed. Its really good cold too. Its so good, it doesn't need frosting!! I will post my lighter version that I use now just for me since I am dieting and for my hypoglycemia. Enjoy!
Provided by Wicked Creations
Yield 1 bundt, 14-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add poppy seed filling and beat until blended.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and beat just until blended.
- In a small bowl, blend flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to poppy seed mixture gradually beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, beat whites with electric mixer untill stiff peaks form.
- Fold whites into batter and spread in prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes to one hour 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving if desired.
OLD FASHIONED POPPY SEED CAKE
This recipe was given to me by the Frankenmuth Historical Association and Mrs Zehnder from Frankenmuth ,Michigan. This recipe has been in her family since she was a child in the 30's..It was always their Birthday Cake when she was a child and her children love it too and now her grandchildren love it!
Provided by Pat Duran
Number Of Ingredients 25
- 1. Preheat oven to 375^. Grease two 9-inch cake pan then place a circle of waxed paper in the pans and grease the paper; set aside. Soak the poppy seed in the milk, the longer the soak the better;set aside.
- 2. CAKE: Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then add the milk and poppy seeds. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla.
- 3. Fold in the beaten egg whites. Pour equally into the prepared pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until tested done when tooth pick is inserted in center of cakes. Cool 2 minutes in tins; remove from pan and remove waxed paper carefully. Cool completely on wire racks. Prepare filling.
- 4. FILLING: Heat milk , vanilla and sugar then add cornstarch and yolks mixed together. Cook till thick and then cool. Spread between layers. Make Frosting.
- 5. FROSTING: Cream shortening in the bowl of mixer. Add the extracts. To the powdered creamer add the water and mix until dissolved and add to the shortening mixture and mix on low until the water is incorporated into the shortening. Slowly add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing on low speed. You may need a little more water depending on consistency of icing you want. Garnish top with coconut or nuts ,if desired. This does not need to be refrigerated.
More about "poppy seed cake valmuefrkage recipes"
LEMON POPPY SEED BUNDT CAKE - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (50)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 354 per serving
LEMON POPPY SEED CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertsServings 16Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
HOMEMADE POPPY SEED CAKE - LEARNING AND YEARNING
Reviews 21Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
MUTTI'S POPPY SEED CAKE ~ MOHNKUCHEN - JUST LIKE OMA
LEMON-POPPY SEED CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
4/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr
- Make Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9- x- 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and zest of 2 lemons. Whisk aggressively for 1 minute to incorporate the ingredients and to rub the lemon zest into the flour and sugar. Add poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, oil, and vanilla until homogenous. Add to dry ingredients and stir until no pockets of dry ingredients remain. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool before inverting out of pan.
- Make Glaze: In a bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth. The glaze should be thick enough to make ribbons that slowly dissolve. If icing is too thick, add a little water to loosen; if icing is too thin, add a few more tablespoons of powdered sugar to thicken. Spread icing evenly over the top of the cooled cake and sprinkle immediately with more poppy seed for garnish. Allow the icing to set before slicing.
THE BEST LEMON POPPY SEED CAKE FROM CAKE MIX
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 588 per serving
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream, buttermilk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Whisk until everything is thoroughly combined. *
- Add the cake mix to the wet ingredients. Using a spatula, mix the cake mix until combined. Don’t over mix! Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer (like I did). See recipe notes for details.
LEMON POPPYSEED CAKE RECIPE | LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
4.9/5 (34)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 715 per serving
- Prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom and grease the sides. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). 2
- . Add the butter, oil, sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Do not skimp on the creaming time.
- . Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until mostly combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
VANILLA POPPY SEED CAKE - ANNIE'S NOMS
4/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 6Total Time 1 hr 12 mins
POPPY SEED CAKE RECIPE- TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.7/5 (15)Calories 291 per servingCategory Dessert
POPPY SEED CAKE | REDNUMBERONE
4/5 (2)Category DessertsCuisine WorldwideTotal Time 2 hrs
EASY POPPY SEED CAKE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.6/5 (65)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 12Total Time 1 hr
BOHEMIAN POPPYSEED CAKE BEST-REMEMBERED RECIPE | MADISON ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
POPPY SEED CAKE | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
10 BEST GERMAN POPPY SEED CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST EVER POPPY SEED CAKE RECIPE - EVERYWHERE
POPPY SEED CAKE VALMUEFRKAGE RECIPES
10 BEST POPPY SEED DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make poppy seed cake?Incredibly light and tender homemade Poppy Seed Cake, is easy to make and perfect for brunch or dessert! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Cream together butter and 1 ¼ cups of the granulated sugar. Stir in ¼ cup milk and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in poppy seeds.
What is a lemon and poppyseed cake?Lemon and poppyseed cake is a baking classic, packed with zesty flavours and drenched in icing for the ultimate treat alongside a cuppa.
How do you make poppy seeds with an electric mixer?In bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Add egg yolks, vanilla, and poppy seed-milk mixture, and beat until smooth.
How do you make poppy seed cookies with buttermilk?Pour the buttermilk into a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, stir in the poppy seeds, and set aside at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly spray the inside of a Bundt pan with the baking spray and set aside.