CREAMY ITALIAN PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
Make and share this Creamy Italian Porcini Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a saucepan heat the butter and oil then sweat the mushrooms and shallots.
- Add the stock cube and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the cream and brandy and heat for 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.9, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 30.2, Sodium 204.1, Carbohydrate 4.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1, Protein 1.3
PETITE FILET WITH GORGONZOLA AND PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe medium skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully place the filet in the pan. Cook until browned on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes a side. Transfer the steak to the oven and bake until a meat thermometer reads 130 degrees F. for medium-rare, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the beef from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and the shallots and cook until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the thyme, white wine, salt, and pepper and continue to cook until all of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the Gorgonzola, mayonnaise, and mustard in a food processor and combine until smooth. Transfer the Gorgonzola mixture to the skillet with mushrooms and shallots. Gently stir the cheese mixture into the mushroom mixture.
- Slice the beef and serve topped with a dollop of the cheese sauce. Reserve leftover sauce for another use.
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Combine porcini mushrooms and 1 cup warm water in small bowl. Let stand until mushrooms soften, about 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from liquid, squeezing excess liquid from mushrooms back into bowl; reserve liquid. Place mushrooms in another small bowl.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion browns, about 15 minutes. Add Marsala and white wine. Increase heat; boil until most liquid evaporates, about 7 minutes. Add rosemary, mushrooms and both stocks. Pour in reserved mushroom liquid, leaving any sediment behind. Boil until liquid mixture is reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Mix butter and flour in small bowl to blend; whisk into mushroom mixture. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
RAVIOLI WITH PORCINI SAUCE
The simple, intense mushroom sauce is also delicious as a chunky topping for toasted slices of country bread.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Pasta and Grains
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place mushrooms in a medium bowl; add 4 cups warm water. Let soak until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain in a sieve lined with a paper towel or coffee filter, reserving liquid. Squeeze mushrooms to remove excess liquid; roughly chop.
- Heat butter in an 8- or 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high; add mushrooms, and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add reserved liquid; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in heavy cream.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in a pot of boiling salted water until they float to the top, according to package instructions. Drain, and divide among serving bowls; spoon mushroom sauce over ravioli.
TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI BUTTER SAUCE
Sautéed until tender, these porcini mushrooms will retain their bold personality and produce mega mushroom flavor. In a rich butter-and-garlic sauce mingling with fresh tagliatelle, their essence is further enhanced by chopped parsley and a lashing of sharp, salty Pecorino Romano. A time-saving tip: while it's hard to beat fresh pasta from scratch, especially with a three-ingredient recipe like the one here, you can swap in storebought fresh or dried tagliatelle.
Provided by Greg Lofts
Categories Food & Cooking Healthy Recipes Vegetarian Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Tagliatelle: Mound flour on a clean work surface or in a large bowl. Make a well in center. Add egg, yolks, oil, and warm water to well. Using a fork and stirring outward from center, gradually incorporate flour into egg mixture until a ragged dough forms.
- Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. (Or combine ingredients in a mixer bowl and knead with the dough-hook attachment 8 to 10 minutes.) Tightly cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until soft and pliable, at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Cut dough into 4 portions. Keeping remaining portions covered with plastic, shape one into a rectangle. With a pasta roller on its largest setting (1 on a KitchenAid stand-mixer attachment), run dough through roller. Fold dough in half and run through largest setting again. Repeat once or twice more. Turn machine to next setting and pass through roller once.
- Continue passing dough through, lowering setting each time, until dough has run through the smallest setting (8 on KitchenAid attachment). Transfer to a tray generously dusted with semolina (or all-purpose) flour; dust top with more. Repeat process with remaining portions of dough.
- Attach a tagliatelle/fettuccine cutter to a pasta machine. Roll each sheet through cutter. Hang in a single layer on a pasta rack or transfer to a tray dusted with semolina and let dry, 30 minutes. (Pasta can be made up to 1 day ahead: Once dry, loosely twirl handfuls of pasta into 6 "nests," generously dust with more semolina, and refrigerate in a single layer in an airtight container.)
- Porcini Butter Sauce: Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium. Add oil, butter, and garlic. When butter melts and garlic sizzles, add mushrooms; season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Add pepper flakes and cook 30 seconds more.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water until al dente,2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain. Add 2/3 cup pasta water to skillet with mushrooms. Bring to a simmer. Add tagliatelle, tossing until sauce thickens slightly and evenly coats pasta, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add parsley and half of cheese, tossing to combine. Add more pasta water as needed, a little at a time, until sauce evenly clings to pasta again. Serve topped with remaining cheese, pepper flakes, and a drizzle of oil.
PASTA WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
Make and share this Pasta With Porcini Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by MsBindy
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Break each mushroom into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Soak them in 1 cup of hot water for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan large enogh to hold the cooked pasta.
- Saute the onions and rosemary in the butter for several minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Mix in the marsala and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms through a coffee filter or several paper towels and reserve the liquid.
- Add 1/2 cup of the mushroom water, all of the mushrooms, and the tomato paste to the sauteed onions. Simmer.
- Mix the cream and parsley into the mushroom sauce and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is el dente, drain and add it to the mushroom sauce in the saucepan.
- Add the cheese and toss everything to coat the pasta evenly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1149.9, Fat 61, SaturatedFat 37.2, Cholesterol 204.6, Sodium 422.1, Carbohydrate 109.2, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 4.2, Protein 26.3
CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE FOR PASTA
Creamy mushroom sauce for pasta, steak, or chicken.
Provided by andsha
Categories Creamy Pasta Sauce
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place porcini mushrooms in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak until plumped up, about 30 minutes.
- Pour mushrooms and soaking liquid into a coffee filter or fine mesh sieve set over a bowl. Save soaking liquid for sauce. Rinse rehydrated mushrooms well to remove any grit, then coarsely chop.
- Add butter to a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. When butter has melted, add parsley and garlic; stir to combine. Stir in chopped mushrooms. Moisten the mixture with a few tablespoons reserved soaking water. Cook, stirring a few times, until the moisture has largely evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and wine and stir to combine. Cook at barely a simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.3 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 115.3 mg, Fat 38.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 23.8 g, Sodium 192 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
TORTELLINI WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
Looking for a pasta recipe with impressive flavor and which has practically no prep involved? You've come to the right place.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Categories Milk/Cream Mushroom Pasta Sauté Vegetarian Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Lunch Parmesan Thyme Shallot Bon Appétit Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher Small Plates
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place porcini mushrooms in 2-cup measuring cup; add enough hot water to measure 2 cups. Let stand until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Coarsely chop porcini mushrooms.
- Cook tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sautée until golden and tender, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and 3 teaspoons thyme; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup mushroom soaking liquid and cream; boil until thickened to light sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain tortellini; return to same pot. Add mushroom mixture and toss to coat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer tortellini to bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 teaspoon thyme.
PASTA WITH DRIED MUSHROOMS AND TOMATO SAUCE
This meaty, savory pasta sauce is just one reason to keep dried porcini mushrooms on hand. Along with intense flavor, porcinis are an excellent source of riboflavin and niacin, and a good source of selenium and potassium. They also contain a powerful antioxidant called L-ergothioneine.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl or a pyrex measuring cup and cover with hot water. Let soak 15 to 30 minutes, until thoroughly soft. Line a strainer with cheesecloth and set it over a bowl. Drain the mushrooms and squeeze them over the strainer. Then rinse in several changes of water and chop coarsely. Measure out 1/4 cup of the mushroom soaking liquid.
- Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. Heat the olive oil in a large, wide, heavy nonstick frying pan over medium heat and add the onion or shallot. Cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir together for minute, until fragrant, then add the mushrooms and stir together for a minute or two, until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and their juice, the mushroom soaking liquid you set aside, the thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir and turn up the heat. When the tomatoes begin to bubble, lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until thick and fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes. Add a generous amount of pepper, taste and adjust seasonings. Keep warm.
- When the pasta water comes to a boil, add a tablespoon of salt and the pasta. Cook al dente, following the timing directions on the package but checking a minute or two before the time on the package. Remove 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and stir it into the mushroom sauce. When the pasta is cooked through but still firm to the bite, remove another 1/2 cup water, drain the pasta and toss with the sauce in the frying pan if possible. If you wish to thin out the sauce or moisten the pasta further, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water or more of the mushroom soaking liquid. Serve hot; pass the Parmesan at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 498, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 101 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 785 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
Rich and full of umami savouriness, this simple creamy mushroom sauce is perfect with steak, chicken or tossed through hot pasta
Provided by Miriam Nice
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pour 100ml of boiling water over the dried porcini and leave to stand for 5 mins. In a saucepan, heat the butter and add the shallots, frying gently until they are soft and translucent. Add the chestnut mushrooms and cook for 5 mins more. When they are cooked, pour in 1 tbsp of the liquor from the porcini and discard the rest. Chop the porcini and add them to the pan. Fold in the crème fraîche, bring to a simmer then season.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 3 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.06 milligram of sodium
More about "porcini mushroom sauce recipes"
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Calories 49 per serving
- Combine mushrooms and boiling water in a bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Rinse and drain mushrooms; finely chop.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add sherry; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, reserved mushroom liquid, stock, and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Gradually add flour, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in salt and pepper.
PORCINI MUSHROOM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PASTA WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS AND CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | EAT …
PORCINI GNOCCHI WITH BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE – COOK IT
TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS – THE PASTA PROJECT
PORCINI MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FETTUCCINE IN A PORCINI MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE | EMERILS.COM
TOMATO SAUCE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
RECIPE: LIDIA BASTIANICH'S TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
TORTELLINI WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | SOMETHING NEW FOR …
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS - ITALIAN RECIPES BY …
CHESTNUT PASTA WITH CREAMY PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
CREAMY PORCINI MUSHROOM PASTA RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
HOW TO COOK FRESH PORCINI MUSHROOMS: 3 WAYS - THE SPRUCE EATS
PORK MEDALLIONS WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
PORCINI MUSHROOMS: WHAT ARE THEY AND HOW TO USE THEM IN …
TOMATO-PORCINI SAUCE - GREATIST.COM
AUTHENTIC PORCINI SAUCE - LIFE IN ITALY
RECIPE: LIDIA BASTIANICH’S TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | BEEF + LAMB NEW ZEALAND
FOUR DIFFERENT SAUCES FOR MUSHROOM RAVIOLI - COOKING WITH ALISON
PORTOBELLO AND PORCINI CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
PORCINI GNOCCHI IN A CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - LOVELY GREENS
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE – GOING MY WAYZ
PORCINI MUSHROOM & RED WINE SAUCE - DELICIOUS & SONS
PORCINI-LEEK SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
10 BEST COOKING DRIED PORCINI MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS AND PARMESAN CHEESE SAUCE
PASTA WITH WHITE WINE AND PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
PORCINI SAUCE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE FOR BEEF - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love