TANGY APRICOT PORK CHOPS
For a stovetop supper that's guaranteed to please, try this pork chop specialty. Apricot preserves jazz it up without much effort.-Phyllis Flint, San Antonio, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 3 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the mixture over pork. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn chops; top with remaining preserves mixture. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 711mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
APRICOT-GLAZED PORK CHOPS
This is a great recipe given to me by a close friend who never has enough time to cook for her family. It's quick and easy to prepare and cook, allowing you to have a yummy dinner on the table in no time. The sauce goes very well with a side of rice, too. Enjoy!
Provided by EV9/24/06
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix the apricot preserves, wine, and ground ginger together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until brown on each side, and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from the skillet. Reduce heat to medium low. Using the same skillet, pour in the apricot preserves mixture and simmer until thickened, about 4 minutes. Return pork chops to the skillet, turning to coat each side in the sauce; cook 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.9 g, Cholesterol 63.1 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 54.2 mg, Sugar 13 g
PINEAPPLE PORK CHOPS
A very easy and delicious way to cook pork chops with a sweet, but not too sweet, sauce. I recommend serving the pork chops with white rice since the sauce is also excellent on the rice.
Provided by BREANNA20
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chops from the skillet, and set aside.
- Mix the chicken broth, soy sauce and vinegar into the skillet, and bring to a boil. Return the pork chops to the skillet, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Remove chops from the skillet, reserving broth mixture, and set aside.
- In a bowl, blend the brown sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple juice. Mix into the skillet with the chicken broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Serve with the cooked pork chops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 39.2 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 14.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 909.6 mg, Sugar 10.3 g
PINEAPPLE BARBECUE SAUCE PORK CHOPS
These tangy, tender pork chops are moist and simply delicious. And they couldn't be much simpler to make with only five ingredients! Can't find honey barbecue sauce? Substitute any barbecue sauce you like. -Laurie Stafford, Waterville, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, barbecue sauce, onion and chili sauce. Pour half into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops and remaining sauce., Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK CHOPS OR PORK RIBS WITH APRICOT PINEAPPLE SAUCE
Meat is browned with fat drained. Ribs are cut in 2 or 3 rib pieces The sauce is poured over and the meat is baked . Everything can be made ahead of time, refrigerated and then baked. I like to use pork chops but any type of chop can be used, venison, elk, buffalo or beef round steak cut in serving pieces. Grilled pineapple can be served as a side dish with rice or noodles or mashed potatoes. The recipe started from using pineapple juice thickened with cornstarch and soaked dried apricots; years ago there was not combination preserves to the present recipe posted.Photos show pork chops, steak and maui maui fish. It is delicious with all meats.
Provided by Montana Heart Song
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix the rub in a small bowl.
- Rub it in the meat on both sides and set aside.
- If the meat used does not have fat, heat two tablespoons of oil in a large fry pan.
- Lightly brown the meat.
- Place in a greased overproof dish or pan with lid.
- Saute the white sliced onions and set aside.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and add the one remaining tblsp of oil in a saucepan and heat until the sauce starts to simmer. Stir, turn low and taste. Add more hot sauce if desired.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Pour sauce over chops or ribs, turning them to cover with sauce.
- Pour onions over the meat.
- You may use foil for a cover if desired.
- Cook for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576.8, Fat 26.8, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 101.3, Sodium 666.4, Carbohydrate 51.6, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 36.4, Protein 31.6
PORK ROAST OR CHOPS WITH APRICOT PINEAPPLE GLAZE
This roast is not overly sweet. It has savory tones. I added herbs, garlic and apricot to this roast with a nice glaze. The result was a big success. We enjoyed it immensely. I will be making this dish again and again. I served it with a side of smashed potatoes with garlic. I hope you all enjoy this delicious dish.
Provided by Nor Mac
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Oil the bottom of a roasting pan. Set oven to 350°. Place the onion, celery, and the carrots on the bottom of pan.
- 2. Place roast or 1 inch thick chops on top Of vegetables in pan. Make tiny cuts in top of fat side of roast, or chops. About 1 1/2 inches apart. Place slivered garlic in the slits that you cut. Rub top of roast with salt, pepper, Rosemary, and sage. ( note for chops. Tie chops together side by side. Fat side up)
- 3. Place in oven fat side up and covered. After about and hour of baking. (30 minutes for chops.) Mix pineapple juice with Soy sauce. Pour over roast. Cover and bake until done. It should read 160° on thermometer,or about 20 to 30 minutes per pound.
- 4. Remove roast from oven. Place roast, or chops on a platter. Strain vegetables from juices. Place juices in a sauce pan. Mix the Jam and cornstarch together well. Add to the pan juices. Cook , and stir until bubbly and thickened. Serve with Pork as a gravy.
More about "pork chops or pork ribs with apricot pineapple sauce recipes"
10 BEST PORK CHOPS APRICOT PRESERVES RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST PINEAPPLE SAUCE PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
36 BEST BBQ PORK RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EPICURUS.COM RECIPES | APRICOT-PINEAPPLE BARBECUE SAUCE
SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS WITH APRICOT SAUCE RECIPE - MAGIC ...
- Lightly season pork chops with salt and black pepper. Place in 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth.
- Opne the lid and remove cooked meat from the cooker. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Switch heat to high and con tinue cooking for a further 10 minutes. Stir combined remaining ingredients into the broth, stirring 2-3 minutes.
EASY PINEAPPLE PORK CHOPS | BABAGANOSH
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Season the pork chops liberally with salt and pepper. Preheat a large skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the pork chops for about 3 minutes on each side over high heat, or until they are nicely browned. Set aside on a plate. They will not be fully cooked yet, and that's OK.
- Add the remaining oil to the same skillet, and add the sliced onions. Turn the heat to medium and saute the onions for about 5-7 minutes, or until they soften and start to turn golden brown.
- Add the pineapple jam, white wine, chicken broth, Dijon mustard, and thyme to the onions and stir well. Bring to a gentle boil, and reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the pork chops into the pineapple sauce in the skillet and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, or until the pork chops are fully cooked and reach an internal temperature of 145F-160F. Serve by spooning the pineapple sauce over the pork chops with rice on the side.
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND PINEAPPLE | METRO
Total Time 30 mins
APRICOT-PINEAPPLE BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
PINEAPPLE PORK CHOPS - RECIPES | THE RECIPES HOME
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
610 PORK, CHOPS IDEAS IN 2021 | PORK RECIPES, PORK DISHES ...
900+ PORK RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | PORK RECIPES, RECIPES ...
APRICOT PINEAPPLE SAUCE PORK - COOKEATSHARE
59 PORK RECIPES IDEAS | PORK RECIPES, RECIPES, PORK DISHES
"PORK CHOPS OR PORK RIBS APRICOT PINEAPPLE SAUCE ...
PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI PORK RIBS RECIPE
BAKED PINEAPPLE STUFFED WITH PORK RIBS RECIPE
PORK CHOPS WITH PINEAPPLE - BBC GOOD FOOD | RECIPES AND ...
DOUBLE THICK PORK CHOPS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA RECIPES
CROCK POT BONELESS PORK RIBS PINEAPPLE APRICOT - COOKEATSHARE
PORK CHOPS OR PORK RIBS WITH APRICOT PINEAPPLE SAUCE RECIPES
PORK WITH APRICOT SAUCE RECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beef #pork #easy #kid-friendly #dietary #spicy #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #wild-game #elk #meat #taste-mood #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apricot sauce with pork chops?In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil on each side. Combine the preserves, chives and salt; spoon over chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook until a thermometer reads 145°, 5-6 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce.
How do you make pineapple pork chops at home?How to make pineapple pork chops! Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and pork chops, and evenly sprinkle with salt and pepper. and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove the pork chops and place them in a baking dish.
Can you make pineapple sauce with pork loin?The acidity of the pineapple cuts through the richness of the pork, creating the sweet and savory classic flavors. This pineapple sauce is a quick and easy pan gravy. Some boneless pork loin chops can be a bit tough to the bite.
What are some good recipes for pork chops?Recipe of the Day. Pork chops are marinated in a Dijon mustard sauce and grilled to create a tangy and sweet main dish. Serve with applesauce and mashed potatoes. Pork chops are simmered until very tender in a mushroom tomato sauce with Italian seasonings.