PORK CHOP BARLEY BAKE
Dress up plain pork chops by preparing this delicious dish.-National Barley Foods Council, Mary Sullivan, Spokane, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large saucepan, saute the barley, onion and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until barley is golden brown and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minuet longer. Stir in the broth, orange juice, zest and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until barley is partially cooked. Add pecans. , Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange over barley mixture. , Combine glaze ingredients; brush half over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; brush with remaining glaze. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Garnish with orange and rosemary if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH RICE
- Serve the pork chop and rice casserole with steamed broccoli or a tossed green salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 22 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 778 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 3 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
PORK WITH MUSHROOMS AND BARLEY
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the barley as the label directs. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce with 2 teaspoons brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add the pork, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Whisk the chicken broth, cornstarch and the remaining 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 2 teaspoons brown sugar in a small bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned, about 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add the mushrooms, leeks, carrots, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Return the pork to the skillet and add the broth mixture. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with the barley; top with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450, Fat 13 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 90 milligrams, Sodium 330 milligrams, Carbohydrate 48 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 37 grams
PORK CHOPS AND RICE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the rice and saute until it is light brown, about 5 minutes.
- Spread the rice in a 9- by 13- by 2-inch casserole. Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and arrange them on top of the rice. Pour the broth and 2/3 cup water over the chops. Spread the onion rings over the chops and sprinkle them with the pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the pork chops are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Change the oven to broil, add a bit more broth if the rice is dry and return the dish to the oven for a couple of minutes until the pork is browned.
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE
Growing up, this was a staple in my home. This is a great recipe because the pork and rice cook in the same dish. The rice is flavorful and the pork chops come out nice and tender.
Provided by rev'd up chef
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Pork Chop Recipes Baked
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer onion to a plate.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt over all sides of each pork chop. Place pork chops in the same large skillet and cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Mix beef consomme and water together in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour rice into the broth mixture; add caramelized onion. Gently arrange pork chops over rice in a single layer. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is cooked through, 45 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.8 calories, Carbohydrate 40.6 g, Cholesterol 82.3 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 326 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
PORK CHOP BARLEY CASSEROLE
For rsc 10, this is a lovely main dish incorporating contest ingredients, and is perfect for autumn. I used Granny Smith apples for their tartness, but you can use Gala, Jonathan, or any other cooking apples.
Provided by chia2160
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 375f.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet.
- Season pork with salt, pepper, sage and thyme, brown on both sides 4 mins per side, remove.
- Add extra olive oil if needed.
- Sauté onion, garlic, peppers until softened.
- Add barley and coat, stir in stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped apple.
- Put barley mixture into a casserole pan.
- Top with pork chops and bake, covered for 40 minutes.
- Mix butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and brown sugar in a small dish.
- Uncover casserole, add pork and apple slices, and brush with maple sugar mixture.
- Cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let it stand a few minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680.1, Fat 25.1, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 143.7, Sodium 364.4, Carbohydrate 63.5, Fiber 11.6, Sugar 20.7, Protein 50.4
PORK CHOPS WITH BARLEY-RICE
- Brown pork in skillet and set aside. Saute onions and celery in pan drippings and 1 Tbsp. butter. Stir in rice and barley. Add seasonings. Add broth and water. Stir briefly.
- Pour into flat baking dish. (Does work well in large iron skillet.) Arrange pork on top of rice mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until rice-barley is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
PORK CHOPS OLE WITH RICE
This recipe is a fun and simple way to give pork chops south-of-the-border flair. The flavorful seasoning, rice and melted cheddar cheese make this dish a crowd-pleaser.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoning blend and pepper. Meanwhile, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well. Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK CHOPS AND DIRTY RICE
This recipe is very easy and quite tasty. I have made it every year for the last 25 years. Children seem to love it. The rice has a wonderful flavor.
Provided by BELVEAL
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Pork Chop Recipes Baked
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; brown the pork chops on both sides. Remove the pork chops from the skillet, reserving the drippings in the skillet; add the onion soup mix and the water to the drippings; cook and stir until hot.
- Spread the rice evenly into the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Lay the pork chops atop the rice. Pour the mixture from the skillet over the pork chops and rice; cover.
- Place covered dish in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake until the pork is no longer pink in the center, another 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.9 calories, Carbohydrate 41.3 g, Cholesterol 54.3 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 657.4 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
GRILLED PORK WITH LEMON & THYME BARLEY
This good-for-you supper is a great way to get some wholegrain into your diet
Provided by Silvana Franco
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the pork in a shallow dish and add the vinegar and garlic, turning to make sure they're evenly covered. Leave at room temperature for 10 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and coriander seeds for 3-4 mins until softened.
- Add the barley and cook for 1 min in the oil, then add the stock and thyme. Bring to the boil, cover then simmer for 30-35 mins until the barley is tender and the liquid absorbed.
- Transfer the pork to a grill pan and cook under a hot grill for 5 mins on each side until nicely browned and cooked through. Stir the spinach, zest and juice into the barley and spoon onto plates. Serve with the grilled pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 0.65 milligram of sodium
PORK CHOPS WITH BARLEY PILAF AND ONION GRAVY
Make and share this Pork Chops With Barley Pilaf and Onion Gravy recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Chef 4TeenSon
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season pork chops with salt. Heat a large pot over high heat. Brown the pork chops on each side and set aside, reserving drippings and the pan for the gravy.
- In a separate pot, bring the chicken broth, barley, peppers and carrots to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in onion, pecans and apple, along with salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the pork chops over the barley mix.
- Cover and bake 1 ½ hours until the barley is tender and the pork has reached an internal temperature of 155 degrees F. (Thickness of pork chops and actual oven temperatures vary.).
- 50 minutes later, heat the pan used to sear the pork chops over medium heat, add the butter and ¼ cup of the chicken stock.
- When boiling, scrape any brown remains from the bottom of the pan. Add the onions, syrup and sugar to the pan, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add the remaining chicken stock; bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm until the pork chops and barley is done.
- Serve pork chops with gravy over the top and the barley on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1039.3, Fat 43.1, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 92.1, Sodium 1500.8, Carbohydrate 125.7, Fiber 23.6, Sugar 27.4, Protein 43.4
More about "pork chops with barley rice recipes"
EASY PORK CHOPS AND RICE - OH SWEET BASIL
SOUTHERN PORK CHOP AND RICE CASSEROLE - DEEP SOUTH …
CHEESY PORK CHOP AND RICE BAKE RECIPE - THE KITCHEN …
CREAMY RANCH PORK CHOPS & RICE - CAMPBELL SOUP …
COUNTRY BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE - THE SEASONED MOM
SKILLET PORK CHOPS AND RICE FOR TWO RECIPE
PORK CHOPS WITH BROCCOLI AND RICE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PORK CHOP, RICE & BROCCOLI SKILLET | I HEART RECIPES
PORK CHOPS WITH TOMATO AND BARLEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 413 per serving
SUPER EASY BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE - 40 APRONS
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND BROWN RICE RECIPE BY DAN FLYNN
PORK LOIN CHOPS BONELESS RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
PORK CHOPS & RICE OVEN DINNER - KITCHEN PARADE
PORK CHOPS WITH CURRIED BARLEY PILAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE - THE COUNTRY COOK
GLUTEN-FREE PORK CHOPS WITH PAN SAUCE AND PARSLEY RICE
PORK CHOPS AND RICE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - THE …
PORK CHOP STICKY RICE BAKE WITH BACON - THE WOKS OF LIFE
10 BEST BROWN RICE AND PORK CHOPS RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE RECIPE - JOY'S LIFE
LOW CARB PORK CHOPS AND CAULIFLOWER RICE - THIS MOMS MENU
ONE PAN PORK CHOPS AND RICE - FORKS 'N' FLIP FLOPS
BAKED PORK CHOPS ON RICE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
21 ASIAN PORK CHOPS AND RICE RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
ONE-PAN PORK CHOPS AND RICE RECIPE (SO EASY!) - MAEBELLS
HAWAIIAN PORK CHOPS - SWEET AND TANGY PORK CHOPS
BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH RICE (CLASSIC CHINESE RECIPE) | CHRISTINE'S ...
SKILLET PORK CHOPS AND RICE FOR TWO RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH CAJUN RICE - HOW TO FEED A LOON
10 BEST PORK CHOP RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
☑ IS WILD RICE GLUTEN FREE - DANNY'S BLOG
PORK CHOPS WITH DIRTY RICE - TURNIPS 2 TANGERINES
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND RICE - COPYKAT RECIPES
BEVERLY’S BBQ PORK CHOPS AND RICE | SWEET BABY RAY’S
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love