PORK, MUSHROOM, AND ARTICHOKE FRICASSEE
Not familiar with fricassee? It's a cross between a saute and a stew with a creamy pan sauce. Here, juicy pork tenderloin is teamed with mushrooms and canned artichokes, and everything is cooked in one pan.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pound pork between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper; dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add half of pork in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with 1 tablespoon butter and remaining pork; transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and mushrooms to skillet; season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Stir in mustard and broth; cook until reduced by half, 10 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts and cream. Return pork and any juices to skillet; cook until thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley; serve.
SAVORY MUSHROOM & HERB PORK ROAST
For an extra treat with this moist, tender pork, crisp canned french-fried onion pieces in a dry skillet, then sprinkle over the top just before serving. Round it out with mashed potatoes or fluffy noodles. -Judy Clark, Addison, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place onions and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; add to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, broth, mushrooms, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, marjoram and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender., Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened., Serve pork with gravy. Sprinkle servings with French-fried onions if desired. Freeze option: Place individual portions of cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK LOIN WITH MUSHROOM FRICASSEE
- In a small bowl, combine the shallots, garlic, thyme, oregano, and parsley. Rub the mixture all over the pork and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pork loin in a roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from the oven, and when cool enough to touch, spread the paste all over the loin. Return the pork to the oven and cook until it has developed a crunchy crust on the outside and is cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 25 to 30 more minutes. Remove the pork from the roasting pan to let the pork rest. Pour the juices from the meat into a fat separator. Add the meat juices only, not the fat, and the chicken stock to a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced to the consistency of a sauce. Meanwhile, start the Mushroom Fricassee.
- To serve, cut the pork loin into slices, pour the Mushroom Fricassee and sauce over, and serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add all of the sliced mushrooms and saute until just beginning to brown. Add the tomato paste and stir to incorporate. Season, to taste, with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and pepper. Spoon over the pork slices.
PORK FRICASSéE WITH MUSHROOMS AND CARROTS
- In a kettle heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it brown the pork, patted dry, in batches, transferring it as it is browned to a large bowl. Pour off the fat from the kettle, return the pork to the kettle with the onion, the celery, the bay leaf, the broth, and the water, and simmer the mixture, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, or until the pork is tender. Add the carrots, simmer the mixture, covered for 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender, and transfer the pork and the carrots with tongs to a bowl. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl return the cooking liquid to the kettle, and boil it until it is reduced to about 3 cups.
- In a large heavy skillet cook the mushrooms in the butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid the mushrooms give off is evaporated, sprinkle the mixture with the flour, and cook it over moderately low heat, scraping up the brown bits, for 3 minutes. Stir in the cream, stirring until the mixture is combined well, add the mushroom mixture to the cooking liquid, and simmer the sauce, stirring, until it is thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, the pork, the carrots, salt and pepper to taste . The fricassee may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled. Stir in the parsley and serve the fricassee over the paprika rice.
WILD MUSHROOM FRICASSEE OVER POLENTA
- Bring 3 cups chicken broth to a boil in a covered pot. While the broth is coming to a boil, start fricassee. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and butter. When butter melts into oil, add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until mushrooms are all dark and tender. Add vinegar to the pan and stir to coat. The vinegar will cook away in about 1 minute. Add stock to the pan and scallions. Toss to combine.
- Stir quick cooking polenta into boiling chicken stock until it masses. Stir in butter and cheese and season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Serve polenta topped with mushroom fricassee along side sage veal chops or other entree selection.
More about "pork fricasse with mushrooms and carrots recipes"
FRICASSéE OF PORK KIDNEYS AND MUSHROOMS | CANADIAN …
Servings 4Category Dinner, Lunch
PORK & MUSHROOM RAGOUT WITH CARROTS – ART OF NATURAL …
MUSHROOM FRICASSEE RECIPE - MICHAEL POIARKOFF - FOOD
CHICKEN FRICASSEE WITH MUSHROOMS AND CORN | RICARDO
PORK FRICASSEE RECIPE | PCC COMMUNITY MARKETS
CHICKEN FRICASSEE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
PORK FRICASSEE WITH MUSHROOMS AND CARROTS - BIGOVEN
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 1714 per serving
ASTRAY RECIPES: PORK FRICASSEE WITH MUSHROOMS AND CARROTS
PORK FRICASSEE | KALOFAGAS.CA
PORK AND MUSHROOMS WITH CARROTS - 83 RECIPES | BONAPETI.COM
SLOW COOKER PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOMS AND CARROTS RECIPE
PORK FRICASSEE WITH MUSHROOMS AND CARROTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
PORK FRICASSEE WITH MUSHROOMS AND CARROTS RECIPE
PORK FRICASSEE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
CREAMY PORK FRICASSEE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FRICASSEE OF PORK WITH MUSHROOMS » CHEFSANE
You'll also love