PORK & VEGETABLE SPRING ROLLS
I thought rice paper wrappers would be a quick, fun way to put salad ingredients into a hand-held snack or meal. I also make this with shrimp or add in cranberries. Go ahead, experiment! -Marla Strader, Ozark, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat., Fill a large shallow dish partway with water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into water just until pliable, about 45 seconds (do not soften completely); allow excess water to drip off., Place wrapper on a flat surface. Layer salad mixture, almonds and peas across bottom third of wrapper. Fold in both ends of wrapper; fold bottom side over filling, then roll up tightly. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 91mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PORK SPRING ROLLS
When my daughter started a gluten-free diet, I experimented in the kitchen to create some new foods. My mild pork rolls were a hit with all of our friends and family who sampled them.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the carrot, onions, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, oil, pepper flakes, salt and pepper until blended., Add the water, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled., Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well. Fill a shallow bowl with water. Soak a rice paper in the water just until pliable, about 30-45 seconds (depending on thickness of rice papers); remove, allowing excess water to drip off., Place on a flat surface. Layer meat mixture and noodles down the center; top with romaine. Fold both ends over filling; fold one long side over the filling, then roll up tightly. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients., Cover with damp paper towels until serving. Cut rolls diagonally in half and serve with sweet chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 167mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 8g protein.
BAKED PORK SPRING ROLLS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place pork in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pork, cabbage, carrot, green onions, cilantro, sesame oil, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and chile sauce.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the pork mixture in the center of spring roll wrappers. Roll wrappers around the mixture, folding edges inward to close. Moisten fingers in the cornstarch and water mixture, and brush wrapper seams to seal.
- Arrange spring rolls in a single layer on a medium baking sheet. Brush with vegetable oil. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, until hot and lightly browned. For crispier spring rolls, turn after 10 minutes,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154 calories, Carbohydrate 20.1 g, Cholesterol 15.1 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 6.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 200.8 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
PORK SPRING ROLLS
Great finger food for a gathering. Serve with sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce. I have found that if you want to make them the day before, they will soften up, just pop them in a medium heat oven for about 20 minutes and they will be nice and crispy. To make this easy, chop all ingredients in a food processor.
Provided by Sarah
Yield 20 spring rolls
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix together, in a large bowl, pork mince, cabbage, onion, coriander, sambal oelek, garlic and ginger.
- Using one spring roll sheet at a time, place approximately 2 tablespoons of mix just in from one corner.
- Brush edges with water, fold over corner near mix, then 2 outside corners. Roll up fairly tightly to enclose filling.
- Repeat with the rest of the spring roll sheets.
- Heat oil in wok or deep fryer. (It will be hot enough when a cube of bread sizzles when added.).
- Deep-fry spring rolls 4 or 5 at a time for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80.5, Fat 5.3, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 18, Sodium 16.4, Carbohydrate 3.6, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.9, Protein 4.5
More about "pork spring rolls recipes"
PORK SPRING ROLLS RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
10 BEST CHINESE PORK SPRING ROLLS RECIPES | YUMMLY
AUTHENTIC CHINESE SPRING ROLL RECIPE | THE WOKS OF LIFE
VEGETABLE AND PORK SPRING ROLLS (春卷) - HEALTHY …
PORK SPRING ROLLS RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
5/5 (2)Category AppetizerCuisine ChineseTotal Time 55 mins
CRISPY BAKED PORK SPRING ROLLS | WISHES AND DISHES
SIMPLE AND TASTY PORK SPRING ROLLS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
5 SIMPLE AND TASTY SPRING ROLL RECIPES | SKILLSHARE BLOG
SPRING ROLLS! | RECIPETIN EATS
SPRINGS ROLLS WITH GROUND PORK - ONTARIO PORK
PORK AND MUSHROOMS SPRING ROLLS - JO COOKS
FRIED SPRING ROLLS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CRISPY PORK SPRING ROLLS RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
LEFTOVER PULLED PORK SPRING ROLLS | MARION'S KITCHEN
EASY PORK SPRING ROLLS | RECIPE POCKET
GINGER, PORK AND MUSHROOM ROLLS | THE COOK UP | ADAM LIAW | SBS …
PULLED PORK SPRING ROLLS - BELQUI'S TWIST
PORK SPRING ROLLS RECIPE - SUSTAIN MY COOKING HABIT
BAKED PORK SPRING ROLLS | ALLRECIPES
THAI SPRING ROLLS RECIPE WITH CHICKEN, PORK, OR TOFU - THE SPRUCE …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #south-west-pacific #appetizers #side-dishes #pork #australian #easy #finger-food #meat #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love