Trisha Yearwood's potato casserole from Food Network is extra-savory thanks to cheddar and bacon.
Provided by Trisha Yearwood
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Place the potatoes and salt in a pressure cooker with water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes until very tender, about 5 minutes. (If you do not have a pressure cooker, boil the potatoes in a pot of water with a pinch of salt until tender, about 20 minutes.)
- While the potatoes boil, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels and, when cool enough to handle, crumble it into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add the milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, butter, garlic salt, pepper and 1 cup of the cheese to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Whip the mixture until thoroughly combined. Drain the potatoes and add to the mixer. Mix again to combine and the potatoes are whipped smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and remaining 1 cup cheese over the top and bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 20 minutes.
THE BEST BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE EVER!
This recipe comes from the Kirby House Restaurant in Abilene, Kansas. It is a low maintenance but flavorful potluck dish! In addition to the below ingredients, I add Penzey's Brady Street & Sandwich Sprinkle to each layer. But if you do add Sandwich Sprinkle, remember, there is salt already in it. This is a great 'make-ahead' dish that you can refrigerate or freeze until you are ready to bake. Prep time is approximate. Enjoy!
Provided by RockChalkChick
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with nonstick pan coating or grease lightly with solid shortening.
- Cut baked potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place half in a prepared baking dish; sprinkle half of the salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream & cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted (It usually takes 30 minutes for me. Also, you can cover with foil if the cheese starts to brown too quickly).
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions to garnish.
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE BY TASTY
This cheesy potato casserole is the perfect way to feed a family of picky eaters. With all of the components of beloved loaded potato skins (like bacon, sour cream, and cheese), it's practically impossible for anyone to dislike this casserole. It's make-ahead friendly, filling, and easily made vegetarian by omitting the bacon. If you're looking for the ultimate weeknight casserole, this is your recipe.
Provided by Hannah Williams
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and poke holes in two sides with a fork.
- Coat potatoes with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for at 425°F (220°C) for 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and let cool. Chop into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) pieces.
- Lay half of the potatoes on the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch (23x33 cm) baking dish.
- Sprinkle on half of the bacon, spread half of the sour cream, and sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes at reduced temp of 350°F (180°C), or until cheese is golden brown and the edges start crisping up.
- Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 3 grams
With just 4 ingredients, this potato casserole recipe will be a go-to side dish for any meal.
Provided by Edna Lewis
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice (about 1/16 inch thick), then toss with butter, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly in a 2-quart shallow baking dish and add broth. Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is well-browned and most of stock is absorbed, 30 to 35 minutes more.
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE
Great side dish for any meat dinner; can be served with your Easter ham, is a great substitute for the ordinary baked potato at your summer BBQ or can be served with any other dinner, anytime.
Provided by TheDancingCook
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Defrost potatoes, melt butter, and mix together all ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour in a 9x13 baking dish.
- From Carol, I sprinkle it with paprika before baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.1, Fat 37.1, SaturatedFat 19.3, Cholesterol 63.3, Sodium 512, Carbohydrate 36, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.3, Protein 8.8
LOADED BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
This casserole combines all the irresistible features of a loaded spud, but is cooked and served family style for an extra-hearty side.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crispy, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Put the potatoes into the prepared casserole dish. Toss with the reserved 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast until the potatoes are soft and begin to brown, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cream cheese and 1 cup Cheddar in a bowl until well combined. Dollop over the potatoes, then sprinkle with the remaining cup Cheddar and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the potatoes are completely cooked through when poked with a knife, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Dollop the sour cream evenly over the casserole and sprinkle with the scallions and bacon pieces.
More about "potato casserole recipes"
OUR 18 BEST POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
24 POTATO CASSEROLES TO WARM UP THE DINNER TABLE
CHEDDAR & BACON POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
10 BEST CHICKEN POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HASH BROWN POTATO CASSEROLE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
EASY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE, EGYPTIAN STYLE - THE …
EASY CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE WITH DICED POTATOES
POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
10 BEST POTATO CASSEROLE WITH REAL POTATOES RECIPES
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
OLD FASHION CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
THE PIONEER WOMAN’S TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
MEAT-AND-POTATO CASSEROLE | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
LEFTOVER MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY POTATO CASSEROLE - MYPLATE
EASY CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE (THE BEST SIDE DISH!) - OH SWEET …
SCALLOPED POTATO CASSEROLE - CASSEROLE RECIPES
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE | THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE (WITH HASH BROWNS) | KITCHN
HOMEMADE CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
GRANDMA’S POTATO CASSEROLE | FOODTALK
23 POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES THAT WOULD MAKE GRANDMA …
TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
HEALTHY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
ULTIMATE CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE - MOM'S DINNER
POTATO CASSEROLE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
FUNERAL POTATOES (CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
LOADED BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOME STRATOSPHERE
TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESE POTATO …
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | KITCHN
THE BEST EASY CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
20 BEST POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE [STEP BY STEP VIDEO] - THE RECIPE REBEL
LOADED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CHEESY 'POTATO' CASSEROLE (LOW CARB) | MY MONTANA KITCHEN
POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #casseroles #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #oven #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #equipment #3-steps-or-less
Baked Potato Casserole Recipe - Amy Lynn's Kitchen40K views-02:34
How to Make Sweet Potato Casserole | Casserole Recipes | Allrecipes.com58K views-02:51
How to Make Cheesy Potato Casserole | Casserole Recipe | Allrecipes.com26K views-03:26
Southern Sweet Potato casserole Recipe| Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows35K views-05:10
Potato Ground Beef Casserole | Cooking Dinner | Simply Mamá Cooks858K views-11:04
How to Make Potato Casserole | Potato Recipes | Allrecipes.com16K views-02:13
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a baked potato casserole?Smash the potatoes with a potato masher until well-combined and creamy. Add the potatoes to a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Top the casserole with reserved bacon and additional shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes. Top with sliced green onions and serve! -This casserole can be prepared up to two days ahead of time.
How to make cheesy potato casserole with sour cream?In a large bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup, melted butter, sour cream, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix diced cheesy potatoes. Fold in potatoes, green onions and shredded cheese and stir to combine. Bake potatoes. Transfer cheesy potato casserole with sour cream to a baking dish and sprinkle with fried onions.
Can you use frozen potatoes to make a potato casserole?To start making this cheesy potato casserole, grab a bag of thawed hash brown potatoes. You CAN make this using frozen potatoes, but the texture won’t be as smooth. In a big mixing bowl, mix up the melted butter, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Add your seasonings, hash brown potatoes, and cheese.
What is a funeral potatoes casserole?Traditionally, a cheesy potato casserole (also called funeral potatoes) is served at family gatherings after a funeral, so it’s no wonder the dish is meant to be comforting. The recipe is kept simple by using frozen shredded hash browns for easy prep, and we added lots of cheddar, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup to make a thick cheesy sauce.