Individual galettes can be frozen and re-heated when needed. Great with diagonally sliced chicken breast served on top of each galette.
Provided by Ninna
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper and start overlapping the potato slices into 6 individual galettes - making circles about 10cm.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper, shallots and parmesan; continue layering, the last and third layer will be just potato slices, spray lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 180degC (350degF)for 40mins; don't let them brown if they are to be frozen and reheated at a later stage.
- The galettes can be cooked until just starting to brown, then frozen and later reheated to crisp and brown by reheating in a hot oven for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.4, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 14.7, Sodium 269.2, Carbohydrate 40.1, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 1.8, Protein 11.1
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE
If you love all things potatoes, then you will adore this baked potato galette.
Provided by Anna Theoktisto
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium. Add oil and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons mixture in skillet. Add potatoes, shallots, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Starting in center of skillet, arrange potato and shallot slices in a circular pattern, slightly overlapping slices, until bottom of skillet is covered. Repeat process using remaining potato and shallot. Pour any remaining butter mixture in bowl over potato mixture. Press down firmly in skillet. Place skillet over high heat. Cook, undisturbed, until mixture begins to sizzle, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender and browned, about 50 minutes. Cool in skillet 20 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter; cut into wedges.
A staple of the French countryside, potato galette is an ideal accompaniment to roasted chicken or beef tenderloin. Be sure to use clarified butter, which will not burn as quickly as regular butter during the galette's long cooking time.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat clarified butter in a 10 1/2-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until very hot, but not smoking. Place a sprig of thyme in center of skillet. Arrange potatoes in an overlapping spiral to fill pan (be careful, because the fat may spatter). Season with salt and pepper. Brush the bottom of a medium saute pan with clarified butter, and place over potatoes to weigh them down. Cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Carefully pour off excess butter, if there is any, and reserve. Turn galette out onto a baking sheet. Place another sprig of thyme in center of skillet. Using two spatulas, carefully return galette to skillet, browned side up. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with saute pan; transfer to oven, and bake until second side is brown and potatoes are cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes more. Remove top saute pan 5 minutes before removing skillet from oven. Carefully slide galette onto cutting board. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.
GARLIC AND ONION POTATO GALETTE RECIPE
- Place the skillet on the lowest rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top, cut and serve with rosemary, sour cream, and more cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 560 mg, Sugar 3 g, Fat 18 g, ServingSize 1 galette (8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
HERBED POTATO GALETTE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin with the 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine the potatoes, 4 tablespoons melted butter, garlic powder, thyme, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Gently toss the potatoes with your hands until fully coated with the butter and herbs. Layer the potatoes in the prepared muffin tin. Tuck 2 onion slices into each potato stack. Bake until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife and the edges are golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
HERBED POTATO GALETTE
- Coarsely grate the potatoes. Dry thoroughly by rubbing them between two clean kitchen towels. Place the grated potatoes in a large bowl, mix in the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat until almost smoking. Add the potatoes in a flat even layer. Shake the pan frequently to prevent the galette from sticking. After 3 to 4 minutes, invert the potatoes onto a plate and carefully slide them back into the pan, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for another 20 to 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
A very simple basic galette from one of our National supermarkets as part of a Christmas feast, though I think it is a dish you could serve at any time of the year. Also instead of red potatoes or desiree, you could use pontiacs. Preparation time could vary depending on whether you use a mandolin or food process or cut the potatoes with a knife.
Provided by ImPat
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- Brush a 20cm springform pan with melted and then combine the remaining butter and garlic in a small bowl.
- Peel potatoes and slice as thin as possible (would suggest a mandolin or food processor).
- Make a layer of potatoes in the base of the pan, overlapping slightly and brush with some garlic butter and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Repeat layers, brushing each with garlic butter and seasoning with the salt and pepper every couple of layers.
- When you have made the final layer, press down to compact the potato, before giving a final brush of butter.
- Stand pan on a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, uncover pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until potato is tender and the top is a golden brown.
- Run a knife around the inside of the pan and release the sides and cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.8, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 28.5, Sodium 86.5, Carbohydrate 29.5, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 1.3, Protein 3.5
Galettes are perfect as a side dish or topped with creme fraiche and caviar. Each one requires about ten minutes to cook. We suggest making two at a time, to minimize time at the stove. Once you have started the first galette, heat a second pan and begin making another. The finished galettes will stay warm in the oven while you work.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice potatoes into paper thin rounds. Place a 7-inch nonstick saute pan over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon clarified butter; swirl to coat pan.
- Working quickly, arrange potato slices, slightly overlapping in a circle, beginning at outer edge of pan. Place a smaller ring of potato slices (about 4) inside outer ring; finish with a slice in the center. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Repeat with a second layer of potatoes.
- Place a small plate inside pan to press on potatoes. Cook until edges and bottom begin to turn golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to loosen plate, and remove it; flip galette. Press lightly with spatula; cook until galette is golden and edges are crisp, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer galette to prepared baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm, up to 45 minutes. Repeat with remaining butter and potatoes. When ready to serve, pat gently with paper towels.
Cheesy mash with bacon and tomato - easy comfort food.
Provided by evehoward12
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Peel quarter and boil potatoes for 15-20 mins. Put oven on about 180. (Or you can use grill on hot if you prefer)
- Meanwhile dice tomatoes, grate cheese, chop bacon - I chop the loin separately and small. I chop the fattier edge into 1cm strips.
- If using onion fry it lightly until slightly caramelised.
- Mash potato with a little milk. Add half the grated cheese, stir, add half the tomatoes, onion if using and the bacon loin, stir. Put into baking dish. I use one 2 inches deep by 8x8 inches wide. Flatten, top with remaining tomatoes, bacon laid out to cover tomatoes, sprinkle with cheese, then put in oven until cheese melted and bacon crisping up....about 20 mins less if grilling...about 15.
- I serve with baked beans (with chilli flakes added for the adults!). Also you can use more/less of pretty much any ingredient depending on your tastes.
CRUSTY POTATO GALETTE
- In a small bowl stir together the butter and the oil. In a food processor fitted with a 1-millimeter slicing blade or with a mandoline or similar hand-held slicing device, slice the potatoes thin. Working quickly to prevent the potatoes from discoloring, brush the bottom of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with some of the butter mixture and cover it with a layer of the potato slices, overlapping them. Brush the potatoes with some of the remaining butter mixture, sprinkle them with some of the rosemary, and season them with salt and pepper. Layer the remaining potatoes with the remaining butter mixture and the rosemary in the same manner.
- Heat the mixture over moderately high heat until it begins to sizzle, transfer the skillet to the middle of a preheated 450°F. oven, and bake the galette for 25 minutes, or until it is golden and the potatoes are tender. Cut the galette into wedges.
- Peel the potatoes, making sure to keep their round shape, and rinse them under cold water. Using a mandoline, slice one of the potatoes almost paper-thin. (If they are not thin enough, you will have difficulty getting them to adhere to one another; also, do not rinse the slices, as you will remove the starch.) On a work surface, form a circle of overlapping slices about 5 inches in diameter. Continue to make layers of slices, sprinkling them with salt and pepper every couple of layers, until all the slices are used. Make another galette with another potato.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and place 2 small skillets over medium heat. When hot, add 2 tablespoons of the clarified butter to each. Using a large spatula, carefully transfer 1 galette to each skillet. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. (Lower the heat if they brown too quickly.) Turn and cook the other side until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a small sheet pan lined with paper towels and keep warm in the oven.
- While the first 2 galettes are cooking, prepare the remaining 2 in the same manner. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 511, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 65 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 920 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE
- Line large bowl with kitchen towel. Coarsely grate potatoes into towel. Enclose potatoes in towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using metal spatula, press half of potatoes over bottom of skillet in even layer. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Leaving 1/2 inch plain border, sprinkle cheese and white parts of onions over potatoes. Press remaining potatoes over filling in even layer. Cook until crisp and golden on bottom, pressing occasionally with spatula, about 10 minutes. Place rimless baking sheet over skillet and invert galette onto sheet. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to same skillet. Slide galette, browned side up, into skillet. Cook until crisp and golden on second side, about 10 minutes longer. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Turn out onto baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm on sheet in 350°F oven until crisp, about 15 minutes.) Transfer to platter. Cut into 8 wedges. Top with green parts of onions.
CRISP POTATO CAKE (GALETTE DE POMME DE TERRE)
A well-seasoned cast-iron pan is ideal for making this easy, comforting side dish. Make sure the potatoes are sliced thin, and dry them well before assembling the dish. This will ensure full crispiness.
Provided by Harold Mcgee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pat potatoes dry if very starchy or moist. In a sauté pan large enough to fit potato slices in just two layers, spread 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with nutmeg and pepper to taste. Starting in center, arrange potato slices in a closely overlapping, attractive spiral. When pan is filled, repeat to make a second layer.
- Place pan over medium heat and cover. Slowly cook potatoes until well browned on underside, about 15 minutes, occasionally shaking pan gently to avoid sticking. Wipe inside of lid as needed to keep it dry.
- Press potatoes down with a flat spatula and remove from heat. Place a larger platter over pan and flip it upside down, transferring potatoes to the platter. Check pan to make sure it is clean and has enough oil to keep potatoes from sticking.
- Slide galette, raw side down, back into pan, and return to medium heat. Cover and cook until well browned, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a persillade by combining parsley and garlic in a small bowl. To serve, slide galette onto a serving platter, season to taste with salt, and garnish with persillade or thyme.
More about "potato galette recipes"
POTATO GALETTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC POTATO GALETTE
5/5 (1)Category EntreeCuisine FrenchTotal Time 3 hrs 5 mins
POTATO GALETTE WITH GARLIC CREAM - HANIELA'S
POTATO GALETTE- HERBED CREAM SAUCE & SWISS CHEESE POTATO …
CHEESY POTATO CHIVE GALETTE. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
ASIAGO, ROASTED GARLIC & ROSEMARY POTATO GALETTE
GRATED POTATO GALETTE à LA JULIA CHILD - PUDGE FACTOR
THIS FLAVORFUL AND DELICIOUS RUSTIC POTATO GALETTE IS SO EASY TO PUT ...
MUFFIN TIN POTATO GALETTES - GLEBE KITCHEN
21 GALETTE RECIPES FOR WHEN PIE ISN’T EASY ENOUGH
EASY FRENCH POTATO GALETTE RECIPE | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
POTATO GALETTE - BEYOND THE CHICKEN COOP
OVEN-ROASTED POTATO GALETTE RECIPE
BAKED MINI POTATO GALETTES - SOBEYS INC.
POTATO GALETTE | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
POTATO GALETTE WITH GARLIC HERBS - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
12 TASTY POTATO GALETTE RECIPES - BRIT + CO
POTATO GALETTE | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
LITTLE POTATO GALETTE - THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
POTATO GALETTE WITH BACON AND CHEESE - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
POTATO GALETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SOUR CREAM AND CHEDDAR POTATO GALETTE RECIPE | PC.CA
TOMATO POTATO GALETTE | CANADIAN LIVING
SUPER EASY POTATO GALETTE » DJALALI COOKS
CRISPY SALAMETTI & SCALLOPED POTATO GALETTE | RECIPES | SCHNEIDERS
CHEESY POTATO GALETTE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
POTATO GALETTE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
POTATO GALETTE | OREGONIAN RECIPES
VIRAL TIKTOK POTATO GALETTE RECIPE BY COOKING WITH SHEREEN
BREAKFAST POTATO GALETTE RECIPE (VIDEO) - TATYANAS EVERYDAY FOOD
CRISPY POTATO GALETTE RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
EASY SAVORY GALETTE RECIPE WITH BEEF & POTATO - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
POTATO GALETTE - BURKE'S BACKYARD
POTATO GALETTE WITH ARUGULA AND CRèME FRAîCHE - AHEAD OF THYME
POTATO GALETTE | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
BEST SALT AND VINEGAR POTATO GALETTE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #american #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love