In Lynden, Washington, Perlene Hoekema whips up mashed potatoes with carrots and sour cream for a pleasing side dish.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, saute onion in butter in a small skillet for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. , Drain potatoes and carrots; mash. Beat in the onion, sour cream and salt. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 386mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
ROASTED POTATOES AND ONIONS - EASY AND DELICIOUS
If you are sick and tired of mash potatoes, fries, chips and all the other ways potatoes are prepared but don't have the time for a complicated roasted vegetables dish than this is an easy and flavorful way to get 'er done.
Provided by curryfamily2012
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine potatoes and onion in a roasting pan; cover with canola oil and olive oil. Add garlic, onion soup mix, rosemary, and black pepper and stir until potatoes and onion are evenly coated. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to roast until potatoes and onion are browned and edges are crispy, 15 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.3 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Fat 37 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 424.2 mg, Sugar 3 g
DUTCH POTATO STUFFING
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring until tender. Stir celery and onion into the mashed potatoes, then mix in the eggs. Break the toasted bread into small pieces, and stir into the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to an 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through, and the top is golden. More butter, salt and pepper may be sprinkled over the top if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Cholesterol 100.3 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 387.7 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
HAMBURGER AND POTATO CASSEROLE
This recipe is such a hit it's "traveled" all over the country! My mother originated the recipe in Pennsylvania...I brought it to Texas when I married...I'm still making it in California...and my daughter treats her friends to this "oldie" in Colorado.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes. , Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "potatoes and onions dutch recipes"
EASY DUTCH OVEN POTATOES - MY RECIPE TREASURES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory SideCalories 201 per serving
- Slice the potatoes in even slices. You can use a food processor or a hand slicer, or I have even used a knife when camping.
HUTSPOT - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC DUTCH RECIPE - 196 FLAVORS
5/5 (2)Category Main Course, Side DishCuisine Dutch, VegetarianTotal Time 40 mins
- Place the potatoes, carrots, bay leaf and onions in a Dutch oven and cover with water to level. Season with salt and mix.
HUTSPOT (DUTCH CARROTS, POTATOES AND ONIONS) - RELISH
Servings 10Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Place chunk of bacon on top. Cover and cook 35 to 40 minutes, until onions and carrots are soft.
HACHEE (DUTCH BEEF & ONION STEW) - THE DARING GOURMET
4.8/5 (13)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 6Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
DUTCH OVEN POTATOES - DUTCH OVEN DADDY
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 631 per serving
HUTSPOT – DUTCH MASHED POTATOES WITH CARROTS
Cuisine DutchCategory Side DishServings 4Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- In a small sauce pan, combine the carrots, onion, and enough chicken broth to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until very tender. Drain.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes. Place chopped, peeled potatoes and cover with cold water. Add salt, pepper, and about a tablespoon of butter. Bring to a boil and cook until very tender but not falling apart, about 20 minutes.
- Combine the milk and half-and-half in a coffee mug and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute, until just warmed through.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain but reserve a little of the cooking liquid. Add about 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid back into the potatoes, and mash by hand at first. Once the biggest chunks are broken down, turn on the the electric mixer and add the milk/half-and-half mixture until the desired consistency is reached. Note: you will not use all of the milk mixture.
DUTCH OVEN POTATOES RECIPE, CAMP COOKING FAVORITE
Reviews 31Category DinnerServings 25Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
DUTCH OVEN WHOLE CHICKEN & POTATOES - DISHING DELISH
4.2/5 (4)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 679 per serving
- In a large dutch oven, place sliced potatoes, carrots, onion, mushrooms, and 2 celery stalks. In a small bowl, combine all spices and mix together.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables. Add 1 tsp seasoning, then butter and remaining celery inside the chicken's cavity.
- Coat outside of chicken in olive oil, then use the rest of the seasoning generously on the outside of the chicken, making sure to coat top and bottom of chicken.
SWEET POTATOES & ONIONS-DUTCH OVEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory VegetableCalories 269 per serving
POTATOES AND ONIONS (DUTCH RECIPE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Category PotatoAuthor English_RoseCalories 301 per serving
DUTCH OVEN SPARKLING POTATOES - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
EASY DUTCH OVEN POTATOES - CAMP CHEF RECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 15-20
HUTSPOT: DUTCH RECIPE FOR CARROT, ONION AND POTATO – TOINE ...
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine DutchTotal Time 22 mins
INA GARTEN DUTCH OVEN POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
DUTCH OVEN POTATOES ONIONS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
DUTCH OVEN ROAST POTATOES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
DUTCH OVEN POTATOES AND ONIONS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH POTATO SOUP RECIPE
CHEESY DUTCH OVEN POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HOW TO ROAST BABY DUTCH POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
DUTCH OVEN ROAST WITH POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BYRON'S DUTCH OVEN RECIPES - SWEET POTATOES AND ONIONS
24 BEST SKILLET POTATOES AND ONIONS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potatoes and potatoes in a Dutch oven?In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
What kind of vegetables do you put in a Dutch oven?For the Dutch Oven Whole Chicken & Potatoes Vegetables… As for the vegetables, you can really use whatever you’d like. I included some of my favorites in the recipe, like mushrooms, carrots, and sweet potatoes. But you can use anything from russet potatoes, to Yukon gold, or even mini potatoes.
How to cook potatoes and onion soup mix in oven?Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Combine potatoes and onion in a roasting pan; cover with canola oil and olive oil. Add garlic, onion soup mix, rosemary, and black pepper and stir until potatoes and onion are evenly coated. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil. Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
How do you make Dutch beef and onion stew?Hachee (Dutch Beef & Onion Stew) Add the beef broth and the seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Uncover and simmer for another 30 minutes to help thicken the sauce. If it needs further thickening, make a slurry with equal parts of flour and water and stir it into the stew,...