SALVADORAN PUPUSAS AS MADE BY CURLY AND HIS ABUELITA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: green cabbage, small white onion, medium carrots, boiling water, distilled white vinegar, dried oregano, kosher salt, vegetable oil, boneless pork shoulder, salt, medium tomato, green bell pepper, small white onion, masa harina, salt, cold water, grated mozzarella cheese, refried bean, vegetable oil
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 18 pupusas
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the curtido: In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, and carrots. Pour the boiling water over the vegetables and toss. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the vinegar, oregano, and salt. Pour over the slaw and toss to coat. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer the curtido any any leftover liquid in the bowl to an airtight jar or container.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator, or chill overnight for best results.
- Make the chicharrón: Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork shoulder and salt. Cook for 15 minutes without disturbing. If the pork is browning too quickly, reduce the heat to medium. Turn the pork over and let cook on the other side for 10 minutes more, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer the pork to a food processor and add the tomato, green bell pepper, and onion. Pulse until a thick paste forms. The mixture should not be watery. Set aside.
- Make the pupusa dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the masa harina and salt, then add the water. Use your hands to mix until the dough comes together with a clay-like texture.
- Fill a small bowl with water and a bit of oil and set near your work station. You'll wet your fingers with the mixture as you work to keep the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Take a golf ball-sized portion of dough and roll into a ball, then flatten into an even round.
- Fill the dough round with ½ tablespoon chicharrón paste, 1 teaspoon refried beans, and 1 teaspoon mozzarella cheese. Fold the dough over the filling until it's completely sealed. Then, pat out the ball between your hands until flat. If the pupusa cracks, patch it with a bit of dough and a little oil. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat. Brush with vegetable oil, then place 2-3 pupusas on the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side for 2-4 minutes more, until golden brown and warmed through. Repeat with the remaining pupusas.
- Serve the pupusas with curtido.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 3 grams
This is a Yugoslavian recipe that makes a lot and takes several hours to prepare, however, it's so delicious and worth the time.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Categories Fruit Bread
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Beat together the eggs and sugar; add milk, orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, and the whisky.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder; gradually add to wet ingredients. Stir in apples, pecans and raisins.
- Whisk together the confectioners sugar with enough water to make a thin glaze. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Carefully drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry until golden brown. Drain well and dip in glaze. Allow to cool before storing in a glass jar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.8 calories, Carbohydrate 27.9 g, Cholesterol 9.8 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 173.3 mg, Sugar 17.3 g
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- Beat eggs, sugar and milk together.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Add rinds and juices. Fold in apples, raisins and pecans.
- Heat oil in fry daddy or deep fryer. Drop batter by Tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels until cooled.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or make a glaze of powered sugar and milk and drizzle over cooled balls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 6914.1, Fat 117.3, SaturatedFat 21.4, Cholesterol 685.7, Sodium 12331.4, Carbohydrate 1305.1, Fiber 58.4, Sugar 546.2, Protein 139.8
More about "prusurates recipes"
BEST SHAKSHUKA RECIPE (EASY & AUTHENTIC) | THE …
10 BEST COOKING WITH PRUNES RECIPES | YUMMLY
23 SQUASH RECIPES YOU CAN COOK IN ANY SEASON | REAL …
TOP 9 ROTISSERIE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Peruvian Roasted Chicken. Along the East Coast of the United States, particularly in the Washington DC area, a culinary phenomenon was launched with this Peruvian roasted chicken recipe.
- Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast. This Bourbon rotisserie pork roast gets a double dose of flavor. First, a rub soaks into the meat overnight before it hits the spit.
- Take out Style Rotisserie Chicken. We've all probably picked up a rotisserie chicken at the store because they make a convenient and quick meal. Well, this take out style rotisserie chicken is the better version of that chicken, so juicy and tender, with crispy skin and all the right seasonings without the extra saturated fats.
- Herb and Red Wine Rotisserie Leg of Lamb. The wine and herb marinade for this leg of lamb enhances the natural flavors and gives the meat amazing moisture and flavor.
- Marinated Rotisserie Roast Beef. This flavorful and underrated cut of meat is a budget-friendly alternative for when you have many guests. Our eye of round roast cooked on the rotisserie spit is simply perfect.
- Rotisserie Prime Rib Roast. Boneless or not, this is one of the best ways to cook a prime rib. The self-basting of the rotisserie keeps it from drying out while the roast cooks to perfection; the meat you'll serve is tender, flavorful, and the perfect shade of pink.
- Greek Marinated Leg of Lamb. Greeks know how to cook their lamb, and this recipe for Greek marinated leg of lamb is here to prove it. The classic herby Greek flavors hit all the right tastebud spots with this magnificent recipe.
- Rotisserie Turkey. Most people cook their holiday turkeys in the oven but don't miss out on the possibility of making a rotisserie turkey for your next family gathering.
- Southwestern Style Rotisserie Pork Tenderloin. This flavorful and tender Southwestern style pork tenderloin is perfect on the rotisserie, where it can baste in its own juices, keeping it moist and tender.
- Rotisserie Glazed Ham. You can get away with simply warming up your ham before serving, but by putting it on the rotisserie you have the opportunity to add flavor and let the heat of the grill form a perfect sugar crust.
PUSHARATAS, PRSURATE, PURSHUNATE A/K/A CROATIAN DEEP FRIED PASTRIES
Servings 120-144Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
167 WHISKEY RECIPES: THE BIG WHISKEY COOKBOOK WITH ALMOST …
Author Jade FoxFormat Kindle Edition
RECIPES - KRUSTEAZ
40 RECIPES THAT USE SAUERKRAUT - TASTE OF HOME
IRISH WHISKEY CAKE - FOODIST NETWORKS
RECIPES - TWISTED DISHES
MARGUERITES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN PRUSURATES (RECIPE)
PRUSURATES | RECIPE | CHERRY CAKE, CHERRY CAKE RECIPE, CAKE RECIPES
PRUSURATES - CHEF MURPH
PRUSURATES – FOODIST GAZETTE
PRUSURATES POPULAR RECIPES
THE ORIGINAL SQUARES RECIPE - RICE KRISPIES
25 BEST PHEASANT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
20 SIMPLE BURRATA RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PRUNE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
PRUSURATES - FOODIST GAZETTE
PRUSURATES RECIPE | COOKTHISMEAL.COM
BREAD -- PRUSURATES
38 AUSTRALIAN RECIPES - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
167 WHISKEY RECIPES: THE BIG WHISKEY COOKBOOK WITH ALMOST …
23 WATERCRESS RECIPES WE'RE JUST WILD ABOUT | MARTHA STEWART
RECIPES WITH PRUNES | TASTE OF HOME
PRUNE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
PRUSURATES - REVIEW BY JOY1952 - ALLRECIPES.COM
PRUSSIA – THE RECIPES PROJECT
33 PIONEER RECIPES YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST TRY - THE HOMESTEADING …
FRINKFOOD - DOG TREATS II
PRUSURATES - FOODIST NETWORKS
FRINKFOOD - PINEAPPLE-ORANGE FRUIT SALAD
EAST PRUSSIAN HONEY CAKES: PRUSSIA, WITH A P - COMMON ROOM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pupusa dough?Make the pupusa dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the masa harina and salt, then add the water. Use your hands to mix until the dough comes together with a clay-like texture. Fill a small bowl with water and a bit of oil and set near your work station.
What can I make with dried plums?These sweet and savory recipes with prunes show off the naturally sweet, wholesome dried plums. I love bananas—candy, bread, muffins, smoothies, with peanut butter—everything banana.
What can I make with dried prunes?These sweet and savory recipes with prunes show off the naturally sweet, wholesome dried plums. I love bananas—candy, bread, muffins, smoothies, with peanut butter—everything banana. So why not add bananas, kicked up several notches, to a milkshake?
How do you cook with watercress?Try the leafy green in salads, soups, sandwiches, and more—you can't go wrong with any of our fresh and easy watercress recipes. With its delicate stems and leaves, watercress often gets the garnish treatment. But nutritionally speaking, it offers far more than a sprinkle of peppery flavor.