This is my type of holiday recipe. You can assemble them, freeze the unbaked spinach pinwheels and bake them directly from the freezer. What convenience!-Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Unfold puff pastry. Spread the artichoke mixture over each sheet to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap in plastic; freeze for 30 minutes., Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 168mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS
Spinach and Artichoke Pinwheels are an easy party appetizer that everyone will love. Creamy dip rolled in buttery pastry and baked until crispy.
Provided by Jessica Formicola
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Stir together the artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, cheeses, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, salt. Set aside.
- Roll out one sheet of the puff pastry. Brush the extra virgin olive oil over the puff pastry sheet. Spread half of the spinach mixture onto the puff pastry sheet leaving a one inch margin on each side.
- Roll up sheet tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with second puff pastry sheet.
- Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes. Just long enough for the ingredients to solidify, but not so hard you can't cut through it.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove rolls from the freezer and cut into 1-inch thick slices (approximately 12 per roll).
- Place slices onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it was in the comments or ratings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125 kcal, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 216 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
PUFF PASTRY SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS
Puff Pastry Spinach and Artichoke Pinwheels. This easy to put together appetizer is perfect for any party or just as a snack. Loaded with fresh spinach, artichoke, and lots of cheese!
Provided by Serene
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, grated onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Add in the spinach and artichokes. Stir until all combined.
- Spread out the puff pastry, pressing to even out the fold marks, so that there are two whole sheets of pastry.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and the water. Mix with a fork. Brush this onto the top of the puff pastry. Spread a layer of the spinach artichoke dip on the puff pastry.
- Carefully roll it up and using a sharp knife cut into one inch sections. Lay onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of the pinwheels with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Will be slightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes. Best when served warm.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 237 kcal, Sugar 1 g, Sodium 226 mg, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, Cholesterol 27 mg
SPINACH IN PUFF PASTRY
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the butter in a saute pan and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Meanwhile, squeeze most of the water out of the spinach and place it in a bowl. Add the onion mixture, scallions, Gruyere, Parmesan, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and pignolis. Mix well.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the spinach mixture in the middle of the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border. Brush the border with the egg wash. Roll out the second piece of puff pastry on a floured board until it's an inch larger in each direction. Place the second sheet of pastry over the spinach and seal the edges, crimping them with a fork. Brush the top with egg wash but don't let it drip down the sides or the pastry won't rise. Make three small slits in the pastry, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the pastry is lightly browned. Transfer to a cutting board and serve hot.
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKES IN PUFF PASTRY
Fans of the famous party dip will love this take on spinach-artichoke, with all of the flavors wrapped in a flaky puff pastry.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In medium bowl, stir together artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Spread half of the spinach mixture over pastry to within 1/2 inch of edges. Starting with short side, roll up pastry, pressing to seal seam; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining pastry and spinach mixture. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Unwrap pastry; cut each roll into 1/2-inch slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 110 mg
SPINACH AND RICOTTA PUFF PASTRY CHRISTMAS TREE
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and saute onions until soft and translucent. Add spinach, salt, and pepper and briefly saute while stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes.. Cover and cook until spinach is wilted, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove lid after 5 minutes and allow cooking liquid to evaporate. Remove from stove and cool completely.
- Chop spinach mixture and combine with ricotta and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet and evenly cover with spinach-cheese mixture to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Tightly roll up sheet lengthwise and press edges tightly together. Wrap in plastic wrap and cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice pastry log into 3/4-inch slices so you have 16 to 22 pinwheels. Lay puff pastry pinwheels in the shape of a Christmas tree. The lowest row should consist of 6 pinwheels the second row 5 pinwheels, etc. If you end up with 16 pinwheels, start with 5 pinwheels in the lowest row. Place the last wheel on the bottom to make the stem. Brush with egg.
- Bake in preheated oven until wheels are lightly browned and puffed up, 20 to 25 minutes. Decorate with cherry tomatoes for Christmas tree ornaments.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246 calories, Carbohydrate 19.4 g, Cholesterol 30.9 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 177.1 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKES IN PUFF PASTRY
- Drain spinach well press between paper towels.
- Mix everything except puff pastry.
- thaw pastry room temperture 30 minutes.
- Unfold on a lightly floured table.
- Spread about 1/4 of the spinach mixture over pastry leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Roll up jellyroll fashion.
- press to seal seam.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and spinach mixture.
- Freeze 1/2 hour.
- Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (can be frozen up to 3 months).
- Bake 400* for 20 minutes or golden brown.
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS
These (32) hot appetizers look festive and taste so wonderful -- Serve them at your next party and no one will guess just how easy they are to make! Please feel free to halve the recipe for purposes of RSC #11 test cooking. Enjoy!
Provided by Debs Recipes
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine ricotta cheese, alfredo sauce, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt; stir to blend well; fold in spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella & asiago cheeses until evenly distributed.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll ONE CAN of refrigerated pizza crust onto a lightly floured surface; press or roll the dough into a 10x16" rectangle.
- Spread HALF of the spinach-artichoke filling evenly over the dough to within 1/2" of it's edges, but LEAVE a 3/4" margin along one of the long edges/sides.
- Roll the dough up jelly-roll-style, beginning with the long side without a margin, into a tight cylinder, ending at the long side with the margin; pinch along the long seam to seal the roll shut.
- Cut (a length of plain dental floss slid under the dough roll with its ends crossed and pulled tight to cut may be used) the roll into 16 even pieces, each about 1" wide; arrange the cut pieces, pretty-side up, on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 17-18 minutes or until the outside edges of the pinwheels are light golden-brown and their tops are bubbly; cool in baking pan for about 5 minutes; serve warm.
- Repeat steps #3-7 using the second can of refrigerated pizza crust and second half of spinach-artichoke filling.
- NOTE: For convenience, the pinwheels maybe individually quick frozen before or after baking; or, better yet, they may be partially baked, individually quick frozen until needed, returned to oven to finish baking, and served warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25.6, Fat 1.1, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 3.8, Sodium 77.3, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 1, Sugar 0.3, Protein 2.1
More about "puff pastry spinach artichoke pinwheels recipes"
3-INGREDIENT SPINACH DIP PINWHEELS - PLAIN CHICKEN
25 SIMPLE SAVORY PUFF PASTRY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PUFF PASTRY CUPS - OLD HOUSE TO NEW HOME
10 BEST PUFF PASTRY PINWHEEL APPETIZERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS - AMEE'S SAVORY DISH
PUFF PASTRY SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS - PLAIN.RECIPES
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS ⋆ REAL …
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS
PUFF PASTRY SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SPINACH-CHEESE SWIRLS – PUFF PASTRY
CHEESY SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS - DAMN DELICIOUS
SAVORY PUFF PASTRY RECIPES VEGETARIAN - WALLX.NET
PUFF PASTRY SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS RECIPE
ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH SWIRLS - PEPPERIDGE FARM
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS - MUTT & CHOPS
ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH SWIRLS – PUFF PASTRY
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP PINWHEELS - CLOSET COOKING
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PUFF PASTRY SWIRLS - MISSION FOOD ADVENTURE
SPINACH PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PUFF PASTRY SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS – RECIPES NETWORK
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS RECIPE WITH SOUR CREAM - DAISY BRAND
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKES IN PUFF PASTRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PUFF PASTRY SWIRLS - FUELING A SOUTHERN SOUL
ARTICHOKE SPINACH PINWHEELS - STOLENRECIPES.NET
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS - COOKS WELL WITH OTHERS
VEGETARIAN PUFF PASTRY PINWHEEL RECIPES - WALLX.NET
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CHEESY SPINACH PINWHEELS - EMILY BITES
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS | *REESE SPECIALTY FOODS
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKES IN PUFF PASTRY RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
MEDITERRANEAN APPETIZER PINWHEELS - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
BACON, SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP PINWHEELS - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
PUFF PASTRY SPINACH PINWHEELS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
10 BEST PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEESE AND SPINACH PUFF PASTRY POCKETS RECIPES
PUFF PASTRY SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PINWHEELS | RECIPE | SPINACH …
You'll also love